Marketplace horror!

Kristen Coledale

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4443 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Actually Darrius, what started me looking into this was the fact that I ordered something and received it 7 times.  So yes.  And it's worth it to me to go through all this, like I said before, this is my RL income, and I will protect it like hell.  

Being lazy about it isn't worth the years of hard work I've dumped into my creations.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kristen Coledale wrote:

Actually Darrius, what started me looking into this was the fact that I ordered something and received it 7 times.  So yes.  And it's worth it to me to go through all this, like I said before, this is my RL income, and I will protect it like hell.  

Being lazy about it isn't worth the years of hard work I've dumped into my creations.

I do understand Kristen. It's just that I've seen so many people panicking lately, usually over misinformation that they heard from a friend who heard it from a friend that read it on a forum that was copied from an in-world chat that someone overheard as they were looking for new shoes. (LOL)

And it's also why I made the conscious decision when I first started creating to make only Copy/No Tran items ... it avoided the whole raft of problems that come up with items that get lost, accidental delivery issues, and the ever present "I paid for this but I didn't get it" complaints .. only to have them rez both the original and the replacement copy right after I sent the replacement along.

But .. I'm NOT gonna pry the lid off THAT can of worms (with a sly glance at Paladin) because it's a never ending issue and I still have bruises from the last time I decided to "discuss" it with someone. (scowls at Pamela .. JUST KIDDING!!)

Maybe I should have napped longer? *grin*

Unfortunately what I create sells best as transfer.  It was a decision I made after a lot of thought.  Anyways, bottom line is that over the last 4 days of DD, I've had nothing but issues, missing money, hung up deliveries, constant battle, and now with a permissions glitch..it's just worth it to me.  It's my money, I'm not handing it over.  

I'm trying not to think about how much damage could have been done in these four days, but I've had record sales so who knows :/

Kristen Coledale wrote:

Unfortunately what I create sells best as transfer.  It was a decision I made after a lot of thought.  Anyways, bottom line is that over the last 4 days of DD, I've had nothing but issues, missing money, hung up deliveries, constant battle, and now with a permissions glitch..it's just worth it to me.  It's my money, I'm not handing it over.  

I'm trying not to think about how much damage could have been done in these four days, but I've had record sales so who knows
:/

And that's a good description of a well considered decision. Thank you. It's refreshing to see someone thinking and taking a considered approach rather than flying off the handle and reacting in a panic.

How goes the de-migration?

I.AM DONE.  My work is secure again, and I'm going to bed! 

/me gives DD the bird in a rare, unlady-like gesture and goes to bed, relieved and exhausted. 

PS.

I owe you all sooo much,  Thank you, sincerely.  Marcus, for the perfect instructions, Josh for rooting me on, and Darrius. For the energy.   :matte-motes-whistle:

Kristen Coledale wrote:

I.AM DONE.  My work is secure again, and I'm going to bed! 

/me gives DD the bird in a rare, unlady-like gesture and goes to bed, relieved and exhausted. 

PS.

I owe you all sooo much,  Thank you, sincerely.  Marcus, for the perfect instructions, Josh for rooting me on, and Darrius. For the energy.   :matte-motes-whistle:

Good mornin, Miss Kirsten!  You're welcome, and sleep well!

Sassy Romano wrote:

Kristen, are you posting under an alt?  I see no marketplace products listed against your name.

That would be my guess..

remember that days when you had to be a merchant to post in the merchants area of the  forums?

and i mean the av had to be a merchant, not an alt of a merchant.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

remember that days when you had to be a merchant to post in the merchants area of the  forums?

and i mean the av had to be a merchant, not an alt of a merchant.

That's still true in the Merchants Roundtable. That's the private forum that no one uses and is basically dead anymore.

Knowing the problems the MP already had and seems to have had for longer than I've been selling I was in no hurry to jump on this bandwagon. I knew they were going to have many many problems. They always do.  So I'm sticking with my in-world boxes for inventory transfer to customers. 

Definitely smart Altheria,  what i had to go through last night was hellish and completely avoidable.  I will be the VERY LAST person to make the move when the time is here.  

My boxes are not working as well as they used to,  ie, I have a handful of timed out transactions, but I'll take that over permissions leaks that could destroy me ANYDAY. 

If you intend to stay logged on for a while, you might go to a Linden sim, such as Help Island, and attach tiny duplicate boxes inside your avatar.

Even if you TP out, the boxes will still think they're rezzed on Linden land, and will work GREAT.

The LIndens still haven't found a way to make this not work, which I suspect is why they really eliminated camping exactly when they did. 

Josh Susanto wrote:

If you intend to stay logged on for a while, you might go to a Linden sim, such as Help Island, and attach tiny duplicate boxes inside your avatar.

Even if you TP out, the boxes will still think they're rezzed on Linden land, and will work GREAT.

The LIndens still haven't found a way to make this not work, which I suspect is why they really eliminated camping exactly when they did. 

Josh,

What kind of voodoo IS this?  Go to Linden land and attach magic boxes inside your avatar?  That would mean you would have to stay logged in 24/7 for those boxes to work properly.  I've never had to do anything crazy like that before!  LOL! 

Attaching magic boxes inside your avatar...holey moley what WILL they think of next?? 

This is hardly news, although I realize nobody bothers to read half of my suggestions, no matter how many times I post them.

I first tried it over 6 months ago just to see what would happen after my 700 box was borked and the official Linden methodology didn't work any better. 

This is all archived in the older threads, really. I'm sorry you missed it.

If I had still been able to camp, that would have been my next step; getting paid to pole dance or something 24/7 while a bunch of avatar attachments keep sending my product because they think (as the system used to be set up to indicate before I made the mistake of pointing this out) that they're still rezzed on the Linden lands where I was when I attached them.

This explains why they killed the camping AND why they changed the SLM so that you can't really see where your boxes are anymore.

If more people realized how well this works, LL would eventually have to start explaining some other stuff they don't want to have to explain. 

Darrius Gothly wrote:

But .. I'm NOT gonna pry the lid off THAT can of worms (with a sly glance at Paladin) because it's a never ending issue and I still have bruises from the last time I decided to "discuss" it with someone. (scowls at Pamela .. JUST KIDDING!!)

Maybe I should have napped longer? *grin*

Heh.
:)
I just saw this. I guess you aren't the only one late to the party.

I should dig you up some day, as it were, and say hi.

I've had a lot of the false failed deliveries the past week. Little glitches when editing associated object. It will show me an item I've already listed just before the current one I'm editing.  So if I choose that item from the list I get an error when viewing it after the edit. 

In purchasing on the MP I had entire batches of orders showing as never delivered yet they were. So it's been an interesting time for the past couple of weeks or so now.

Josh Susanto wrote:

(..snip..)

This explains why they killed the camping AND why they changed the SLM so that you can't really see where your boxes are anymore. 

Josh, the Magic Box Status page still shows where the Magic Boxes are located. You can view their location HERE, just be sure to click "Cancel" when the big warning message appears. (The list of Magic Boxes is at the bottom of the page under the section titled "Registered Servers".

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4443 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.