Are you being robbed or not?

Josh Susanto

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4421 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Pamela Galli wrote:

Darrius Gothly wrote:

However, as I said earlier, if time starts slipping past and they don't actually solve anything, or they go back to the "Deadly Silence" approach, yeah .. I'll light 'em up again with the rest of youse guys.

Those of us who endured the Deadly Silence era have a much more positive attitude towards this team.  It's all relative.

I endured the Deadly Silence.  My stance is a middleground between the two Josh mentioned.  I'm adopting President's Reagan's stance - "Trust, but verify."

>So what's happened with the support tickets people have submitted about non-payments so far - have they been pushed through and paid or what?

I have not been told that any of them have been paid.

Since there's absolutely not reason not to have already paid them, I can only guess that Lindens haven't announced a reason not to pay them yet because the brainstorming is taking them longer than expected. 

Zanara Zenovka wrote:

So what's happened with the support tickets people have submitted about non-payments so far - have they been pushed through and paid or what?

Zanara, my first ticket & JIRA were both misunderstood by "this is an existing (magic box) issue".

My second ticket & JIRA are unanswered so far.

Is it possible this growing disaster today is deliberately to hide earlier payment disaster and loss? selling some wrong items to buyers with wrong records through system disorder and earn some secret $. 

Because their long silence to this non-payment issue becomes very suspicious. 

Oh good grief - I can understand jiras being an unholy mess of conflated issues, from what I've seen so far, but that's weird re tickets - you did them as marketplace tickets? I guess there is a massive backlog but it would be pretty troublesome if this issue (unicode = hung transactions) isn't formally recognised yet.

I think it's more because they were focused on fixing the slow down issue today. They've already scheduled another Maintenance Downtime tomorrow, so maybe they've fixed this problem too and are just waiting for a new day to release it.

At least they're doing it first thing in the morning so we have time to **bleep** all day long. Errr .. I meant "highlight and document unexpected system behaviors".

Darrius, no, so far every thread and jira related to this non-payment issue has just been suspiciously quiet from this Linden Team. I noticed that they have confirmed problems of other later JIRA and posts but been avoiding even admiting this issue. Not to say this issue has been proved by us. Isn't it suspicious?

I know why.

Super String wrote:

[..]  Isn't it suspicious? [..]

Frustrating, yes. Suspicious, no.

Issues like this, where the company may be at fault and owing money, are things they are told (and taught) not to "admit fault" on. However they are also taught not to duck responsibility either.

If they wind up using the excitement and confusion of the other bugs to avoid paying Merchants that are rightly owed money, it'll be a long long time before I stop bitching about it loud and clear. But it doesn't surprise me in the least that they haven't said anything about it either.

Years ago, at my previous job, I used the phrase "Mea Culpa" in an email to a number of our clients. It was my way of accepting blame for a small ... ahem ... screw up that had left a number of sites offline for an extra day. I got a royal butt-chewing from the boss for "admitting fault" so openly as that. He told me, in the future just fix it, but don't ever admit fault in printed communications.

Personally, my morals just do not get along with that. But I do understand the thinking behind it, especially in this world of lawsuit-happy craziness that goes on here in the USA.

I am hopeful that the upgrade release they are rolling out later this morning will fix the issue. Once it's fixed, I'm pretty sure they're gonna start the "remediation" (repaying the lost money) process. I just don't expect them to make a big fuss over it.

It may not be LL that is changing the title Super String. We have a self-appointed "JIRA Overlord" that has been running around the JIRA system, closing Issues and merging / moving / editing Issues just because he thinks he knows better. Did you investigate the History to see who changed the title?

Darrius Gothly wrote:

Personally, my morals just do not get along with that. But I do understand the thinking behind it, especially in this world of lawsuit-happy craziness that goes on here in the USA.

I assure you if they continue to escape the truth that "their behavior is not different from steal", it will soon really becomes a collectively lawsuit-happy case on a worldwide scale.

I assure you if they continue to escape the truth that "their behavior is not different from steal", it will soon really becomes a collectively lawsuit-happy case on a worldwide scale.

could you imagine that how many quiet Japanese merchants using items with Japanese characters have been victims of this case? French and Spanish as well. 

Oh I agree with you on this Super String. Failing because the Item Title contains Unicode Characters is a major fail. However, it's also a common problem with us American programmers. We're so used to dealing only with basic alpha characters that we sometimes forget all about foreign languages. I'm guilty of that myself. Several times I've had to go back into existing code and "fix it" because it displays either garbage or nothing at all when Unicode is included.

However, SL is a multinational platform and they should have been aware of this from the get-go. Apparently they weren't. I'm hoping that today's release fixes this problem.

Speaking of which, I sure wish they'd post release notes on what they've fixed, both for yesterday's release and the one coming up today.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4421 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.