Second life needs...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4415 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Spells & Magic. With really cool graphic effects.

What would they be used for? I have absolutely no idea lol.

Possible spells might be.. umm.. Giving someone lindens maybe? Pulling a wabbit out of a hat? Partnering? Joining a group? Friending someone?

I am thinking proper fireballs, lightning, vortexes etc etc... like in other games... whoops ^^... worlds.

We have particle emitters but they don't really cut it. Are spells even possible?

A popular 3d program is currently offering Street Clothing for modern magicians, which got me wondering...

My ex-partner had a fabulous spells HUD he bought from Marketplace. He could set anything from hearts and flowers to lightening and bats on anyone within a sim. It was ace.  The spells stayed on a person until he ended it, and we'd dance among black cats and stars, and then he'd "noob" me with chanting skulls that would push me to the edge of the sim.

Unfortunately some people didn't see the humour of it, thought they were being griefed, and there were complaints about graphics cards being strained and too many scripts, the usual miserable stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

this was one i bought a long time ago that has all kinds of addons for it that were really neat effects..

there are lots of spells you can buy and add to it as well..they had this neat vortex for for teleporting also..

it's been awhile since i used mine..i'll have to see if i have any updates or not hehehe

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Staff-of-Magery-Enchanting-Magical-Spell-Casting-System-ALL-NEW-version-5/128335

Yes that one is pretty cool Ceka thank you :)

10 out of 10 for the immersion factor in the spell naming and effect descriptions.

Pretty cheap too relative to the excellent marketing of the staff's capabilities.

Seen all that before but the combination of everything and the presentation makes it a winner lol!

I was thinking of the groundshaking, lightning inducing, world is going to end type of stuff we see in best selling alternative world type rpg/adventure >games<. Fus-ro-dah shouts etc etc.

One of many and no that's not my Avi shouting it. Great fun!

A "force" ability that clears a path before you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4415 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.