Massive teleport problems involving RC servers

Lydia Craig

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4417 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am getting reports of large numbers of failures of teleports involing porting in, out and between RC servers, and just experienced on myself.  From what I could see the teleport seemed to time out when the server or database cound not find the location of the destination and then caused a crash.  If this is a lead up to what you are truly doing tomorrow I urge you to check very carefull the code you are installing because unless there is a factor as yet uninstalled you are creating the biggest disaster you have managed to make so far.  By the way ports were stable until a few hours ago and suddenly went bad, and I am assuming this resulted from lead up work but since we have no real knowledge of what you are doning who knows.  All that is certain is you have a MAJOR problem which if not fixed will bring sl to its knees, and likely cost you more than a few businesses that as a result of other such misteps on LLs part are on the brink of disaster.  At present I am paying over 600 usd for service that, if this is an example, are both not worth getting and an insult to common intelligent so please just fix this mess asap and do not send out the nay sayers to explain how benighted I am and how this is really a result of my connection or computer.  Just fix it while you still have a chance to do so and before this leads to a massive disaster which it is already fast becoming.

Lydia, your claim doesn't make sense.

Currently, all server channels are still running the same code. The new code, which will affect region crossing, doesn't get rolled out to RC Servers until 7am Wednesday.

You're appearing not to be paying attention to the information which is available, before you jump to conclusions . 

Well, my experience too recently is that TPs have not been any particular problem. I'm based on a Magnum sim and regularly TP over to all RCs and the main server for testing (mainland and off). Over the last week the only glitch I have had was from one main server sim to another and that was a one off from a sim that has been a bit flaky before. Otherwise, no problems.

Again, Lydia, you have such problems. Every week you complain, and every week no one concurs with your issues. Doesn't this tell you that it's your system or the way you have your SL set up?

Second Life is not without it's problems, for sure, but honestly, the sky is not falling in!!!!!!

Yesterday and the day before I was teleporting around the grid, as I do often, and even with heavy scripted attachments, I only had one teleport fail because the system timed out, and one logout (and that was because my internet connection went off).

Check your system.

Marigold Devin wrote:

... the sky is not falling in!!!!!!

Phew! That's good to hear!!! :D

Perhaps it's just me, but I've noticed a few questions lately - what seems to be more than the usual number - about tps failing badly, or simply not working at all, and people being logged out or crashing. Things I normally say are connection related, but where the usual fixes do not work, and checks show everything is ok. 

- Luc -

Luc Starsider wrote:

Marigold Devin wrote:

... the sky is not falling in!!!!!!

Phew! That's good to hear!!!
:D

Perhaps it's just me, but I've noticed a few questions lately - what seems to be more than the usual number - about tps failing badly, or simply not working at all, and people being logged out or crashing. Things I normally say are connection related, but where the usual fixes do not work, and checks show everything is ok. 

- Luc -

I tend to think if I'm not having any particular issues with teleports that it means the problems certain people are having must be down to their connection.  I'm seeing a fair amount of BS flying out from various cable companies, who of course are going to say all is well when connection stability and speed are not what they should be.

There is a certain amount of 'sheep-mentality' on the forums, like a SL hypochondria. 

However, the best thing anyone can do is make notes of days, dates, times of when they come across certain issues.  Always if there is a significant problem someone will have started a JIRA about it.  I find it really useful to always have a console window running alongside my main viewer too, so that I can see what exactly is happening behind the scenes prior to a teleport failing, and more often than not it will mention connection, and then my modem will confirm that there is indeed, a problem.

It's hard, though, to be 100% on these forums, because, of course, we're all using different computer systems, with different specifications, different modems, different cable companies, in different companies.  And then, of course, there are the weekly Tuesday deploys to consider.

Poor Lydia, though, does seem to have more problems than most, and takes it to the extreme by accusing LL of letting things happen, and then if we state honestly that we are not experiencing the same problems, we get accused of being 'naysayers'  Can't win with some people, if they decide to be their own worst enemy.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4417 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.