Are we entitled to pay damages for a missing item?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4415 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yes, well, I certainly can't swear to it; it's something I have a memory of, that happened a few years ago, thought I"d mention it.  .  He may not have been the creator even but the original seller?  Anyway, it was 'one step back' from the person who I was trying to return it to, the current owner.  As it was so long ago I don't remember his name.

Pamela Galli wrote:

Treasure Ballinger wrote:

Besides the warning during the return process, that the item could be deleted, there's also a warning that it could go back to the prior owner or the creator.  I was returning a tv once, and in a day or so, the creator, who had sold it to the person I"d returned it to, contacted me and said it had come back to him.  I forget the 'why' of that, but there's a reason for it that's also mentioned in the warning it gives you when you are returning; possible the DJ booth went back to the prior owner or creator.  

I would be very surprised indeed if anything ever went back to the creator. I can't imagine such a thing. I would like to contact that creator, if you can supply his name.

While it hasn't happened to me recently, it has happened to me numerous times.  I create something, and someone deletes it, and back it comes to me out of the blue.  I've built sims before, and months or a few years later the owner decides to change it or sell the sim without the build and so deletes it all. Every object on the sim that I created returned to me, even though the ownership had been transferred to my client.

If you are talking about me, all I did was state my opinion and agree with just about everyone else in this thread that the price point seems high. Why you singled me out I have no idea.

As for a sales pitch, did you miss the part that I don't sell a dj booth? I said I have one, but its not for sale. Kind of hard to make a sales pitch for an item I don't actually sell. I was just stating that if i did sell it, I would not think of asking that high of price. Again my opinion. There are several items for sale in sl that are over priced in my opinion.

If it were a sales pitch I probably would have said where to get it, and what price it was.

lol...

The fact that I didn't quote, should have been the first indicator that I wasn't speaking only about your post-especially since quite a few people mentioned it before you. Generally speaking, I'm not fond of publicly addressing another creator's price point. This goes double for doing so in a post where I also mention what I sell(that also includes what I *coiuld sell in the future). I find it to be not only rude, but quite tactless as well. It really wouldn't matter who did it, or when. To be quite honest, I'm not really sure the price point of this particular object actually matters, as far as the situation is concerned. That's part of why it bothers me even more that people mentioned, in some cases were focused on it, at all. The price itself has absolutely nothing at all to do with the actual problem-unless of course the person actually intended to repay the one who lost it. In which case, I would tell them to do their homework and figure out what the cost actually was(or would be). That would be the only time the price ought to matter at all.

You feel the price is too high, and I personally feel that only the person who once owned the item, and anyone involved in it's original sale(or modification if that applies) would actually know the truth. It's presumptuous to believe otherwise.

But, like I said, merely my opinion. Should be no skin off your nose, or any other creator's for that matter, lol. Fairly certain I am just as entitled to share my opinions as anyone else is. Guess I could be wrong though.

Vladi Hazelnut wrote:

If you are talking about me, all I did was state my opinion and agree with just about everyone else in this thread that the price point seems high. Why you singled me out I have no idea.

As for a sales pitch, did you miss the part that I don't sell a dj booth? I said I have one, but its not for sale. Kind of hard to make a sales pitch for an item I don't actually sell. I was just stating that if i did sell it, I would not think of asking that high of price. Again my opinion. There are several items for sale in sl that are over priced in my opinion.

If it were a sales pitch I probably would have said where to get it, and what price it was.

It was me who said that your post was a very good sales pitch and I was mistaken - my apologies.

You did say that you'd never put it up for sale yet, which means that it's not for sale now but may be in the future. That shouldn't have confused me. I guess it was just the overall feel of the paragraph that confused me. Again, my apologies.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4415 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.