You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4458 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

How did you get that idea? You can't buy someones account from LL. Like in the real world accounts are made by entering personal data and as far as I know you can't buy someones identity :)

I wonder why you would like to have someones account?

At the core of everything in SL is Creation.  Everything here revolves around creating and the ability to create. Even if you cannot create the components of something, you can still buy things to create your own look, you own environment and your own life. 

It's a virtual world that you can completely customize to be whatever you want it to be and you can also buy your avatar in the MP which in a way, is still creating your look.

No I mean as far as avatars that were created and just sit there they become in active or deleted correct and I wouldn't want the stuff in the inventory they could delete it . But the reason I would want to get an established name is for the date of creation I want to open a store and people seem to respond better to people that have been on the grid awhile ...nothing sinister going on lol

Sorry, not possible. You're correct that having been in SL a long time can be a selling point for creators - kind of a "Look, I've been here for a long time, so I have experience! And I've been selling stuff for a long time, so clearly people like my stuff!" However, in my opinion, if you were able to get an account with an earlier birthdate (which you can't), it would be like lying. You'd be saying you were a different person, taking over their identity (remember, people who knew the person who used to own that account could still recognize the name!), and lying to your customers about how long you'd really been here. Better to just be honest and sell stuff using your own account.

In any case, though, LL does not sell old accounts. Inactive accounts are left inactive, for the user to return to at any time. Deleted accounts are deleted; LL can often recover them for a price, but only for the original account holder, not just anyone who wants it. And there is, of course, no way to change your own avi birth date.

I don´t care about the creators age.

"Old" creators sometimes fall into a habit and are to lazy to adapt new technologies or some are inactive just leave their account open to make a few bucks.

Now with mesh being new for all we might see alot people come to SL just to be creative. Then ur not alone anymore ;)

Monti

Its not the avatarage itself that makes people buy. Its the same psychological effect you can have with a price. If people are new to some sort of item they tend to search for something more than just a picture and a short Information. They start to think the pricelevel or in this case the experiance an old member probably have will make it saver to buy a good product. But not all people go shopping like this. If your products are good, people will buy them without asking for age.

ItalyMonroe wrote:

No I mean as far as avatars that were created and just sit there they become in active or deleted correct and I wouldn't want the stuff in the inventory they could delete it . But
the reason I would want to get an established name is for the date of creation I want to open a store and people seem to respond better to people that have been on the grid awhile
...nothing sinister going on lol

Seriously? Oo

there is a reason for some that do that..it's because they believe  it to be true..nothing sinister..

just fraud ..LOL

headdesk-demotivational-poster-1252553095.jpg

I have actually be on sl A looong  while on my main avi Italy is new a few months old my main avi does her own thing has family and the whole shabang , I heard someone say that you could buy accounts and i wanted to know because I would like to open a kid store. Really makes me wonder what some people are up too whan you can only see bad and wrong doing in everything and everyone. Sometimes there is no alterior motive of wrong doing. But Thank you to all that answered the simple question of if it's possible I appreciate it .

And actually It's not the same thing the person in the link is talking about bidding on ebay and buying in world and keeping the inventory . I'm speaking of buying it from LL and they can delete the inventory . And also it seems to me the avatars that are causing the most headaches are the newly created ones that people create just to do no good . But I guess it could go either way I could argue both sides of the issue none the less it is a dead issue because it isn't possible

ItalyMonroe wrote:

I have actually be on sl A looong  while on my main avi Italy is new a few months old my main avi does her own thing has family and the whole shabang , I heard someone say that you could buy accounts and i wanted to know because I would like to open a kid store. Really makes me wonder what some people are up too whan you can only see bad and wrong doing in everything and everyone. Sometimes there is no alterior motive of wrong doing. But Thank you to all that answered the simple question of if it's possible I appreciate it .

you should be more detailed in your reasons and history then..because people are only going to go off of what you say..if anyone saw  any wrong in the picture it was because you were unclear until now..

people seen wrong doing because we haven't gotten the mind reading viewer 4 yet lol

ItalyMonroe wrote:

It was a simple question that required a yes or no answer . I'm not responsible for how people choose to see things you know what they say about assuming. But I understand I  shall be very clear from now on when posting

you had gotten the answer for that..i just went off of your comment about the fraud..

i didn't assume anything..it would still be what it would be no matter the reasons good or bad..

i was trying to turn the other direction and you had to go there and try to get all guilty trippy about it..

the bottom line is...gain from fraud doesn't doesn't gain you guilt trip points..sorries..

Not really I was responding to what was posted and only the guilty would feel guilty it was a simple enough question and being that most of the initial answers were questions like why would you want to do that and ect. I elaborated .At the end of the day people are going to think what they want even after I explained it so anything after "No Italy you can't do that " is irrelevant . I'm done with this thread have a good day :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4458 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.