Petite Mesh Avi

Harlett Daines

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4380 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just got a petite mesh fairy avatar for my alt.  I am so in love with it.  It's a purple little fairy that flips around.  My question is this...are petites restricted like child avatars?  I have no intention of taking my precious little fairy to an adult location, but what about other areas?  I have been checking the land tab on places I visit, but petite fairies are not specifically mentioned.  Anything I should know?

Since your fairy avatar is obviously a fantasy creature I doubt you will have problems with the child avatar thing.  Never can be 100 % though.  

You will probalby have problems when you travel to certain roleplaying regions since it is often reqested that each person dresses to match with the theme of the roleplay. 

Petites are not child avatars, just much smaller than regular avies.  I don't see any problem with you going where you would like to go, even adult sims if your age verified.  I've never heard of restrictions for very small avatars.  If you are not allowed, you should get a notice when you land that says something about it

You should be fine, for the most part. I have seen very few sims with restrictions on tiny/micro/petite avis. Most of those were role-play sims, where such an avi wouldn't fit in with the intended environment. Child avis are restricted in many locations because the owners don't want a child avi to stumble across a sex bed or something and then have someone else report them for allowing ageplay, etc. It's a paranoia thing in some cases, and a real concern in others. Petite avis are not under the same restrictions.

I doubt you'll find petite fairies specifically mentioned in most locations, since that's quite specific. You might happen across a mention of petite avis in general, but as long as you're not a child avi and not wandering around a roleplay sim that's not geared towards fantasy, you should be fine.

It happens. You can wear a bra and panties if you want to; they'll be covered by the petite avatar attachments. I would shrug it off; you can get banned from a sim for any reason, but they can't report you for wearing mesh that they can't see. That's their problem. If you get banned, just move on to somewhere you're more welcome.

Elithera Blackheart wrote:

I also just got a petite avatar. A couple of my friends on the Emergence viewer saw me as just bare boobs and bare bottom. My concern is that I might get tossed from a sim from an owner who isn't on the mesh viewer. Does anyone have any thoughts about this?

As Ariel said, if what people are seeing is your SL avatar's boobs and bottom, just wear underwear.  However, doesn't the petitte avi come with a whole body alpha layer?  If it does, they shouldn't see any of your SL avatar. 

What people whose viewers don't support mesh may be seeing is the bare boobs and bottom of your petitie avatar if these are sculpted and not mesh.  If this is what they are seeing, wearing regular layer clothing type underwear isn't going to work.  Your options to avoid this is to wear sculpted clothing on these parts so everyone can see it, wear the PG version of the body with no naughty bits textured on it (but if it is colored like the flesh on the other body parts, it may still be a problem in the eyes of some) or a body textured it so it looks like it has underwear on.  

To many people your are in violation of a ban on nudity if you don't take steps to cover your bits or appear to be nude to them.  If you are AR'd and the sole problem is the person can't see mesh clothing, then LL shouldn't count it as a violation.  However the venue owner is still within their rights eject and or ban you as they aren't required to have any valid reason for doing this.

Another possibility for your clothing problem is an alpha sorting issue.  I had this problem on my viewer (which IS a mesh viewer) where the clothing layer - which is mesh - would not appear over the top of the base body mesh.  You could see the ghosted outline around the edges of the body mesh where the clothing layer was, but the clothing was invisible if it contained any alpha properties (32-bit TGA).  This happened on the previous LL Viewer 3 release ~before~ the update when the Marketplace went to Direct Delivery.  It did not happen on the Beta Viewer that was recent at that time.  Since the Release Viewer update after the SLM:DD addition, I have not had this problem.  That is not to say others are not affected anymore.  Anyone could be using a viewer that does support mesh but, for some reason on their system, does not appropriately sort alphas, causing your clothing to become invisible to them.  This would also explain why they might have been able to see just your naughty parts - which might ~not~ have been your system avi parts, but your mesh parts showing under your alpha clothing.

When I had this issue I was not able to do anything to fix it.  Clearing the cache, relogging a lot, putting graphics settings anywhere, adjusting the Debug settings - all nothing.  It did not resolve itself until the Release Viewer update.  If you still have this issue, try another viewer.  Try the Beta viewer or Niran's Viewer.  Chances are, something will work.  As for others who see you without clothing... you really can't do much to resolve their issue aside from cleverly convicing them to try another viewer themselves.

BTW - Petites parts are all mesh (as far as the sanctioned releases of the Petite Mesh Avatars) and do not contain any sculpts or prims.  There may be some outfits that use prims or sculpts, but for the most part, even the outfits are mesh since Yabusaka provides developers with a mesh template on which to design fully-compatible clothing items.

Hope some of this helps.

• 1 month later...

I'm terribly late in finding this post but just wanted to say a couple of things in hopes that it helps.

With petite av's there is indeed a glitchy clothing situation where if you wear for example, more than one overlapping mesh (especially in the torso) you will see some nipple action going on.  I don't see it often if I have the mesh body with 1 layer of mesh clothes, but if I add something like a tattoo mesh with lots of alpha, then out come my boobs which was not my intent.

Sculpted clothing (for example, Severed Garden does awesome stuff for petites) can help allay some of those situations, however if someone doesn't rez the sculpt then you're back to square one.

If confronted about this situation, I simply explain that it's a glitch that I can't fix by tossing on a garment layer, and that if I need to leave, I will.  I have a very low tolerance and understanding of why glitches like this result in bans or ejections.  I feel that we're all adults and that regardless of the ratings, we shouldn't be punished for accidental peeks of our bodies.~shrugs~ Best of luck to you and yours!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4380 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.