Received No MOD Item That Is Advertised as Copy/Mod but the Creator Ignores Me

FionaKaneko

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I purchased an AO. This item, as all the AOs advertised at this store, is Copy/ MOD/No Tran. I have previously purchased AOs, from this store, twice for 2 of my old names, and I was able to Mod both AOs with no problem.

However, I purchase this AO as well as 16 animations I planned on Modding into the AO because it say Copy/MOD, but when I got the pricey item it says No Mod/ NO Tran. I made sure to read the creators customer support policy, so I first contacted the person stated to be the customer suppore person, InWorld, and to this day I have never heard from that person, and that was over a week ago.

But of course, after 2 days of no response, I contact the owner as he states to, in a notecard with the details, and he responded to me that day. He sent me another  AO but again it still said NO MOD, I told him that the second one was the same and I offered to take a picture of my inventory to show him and he has not responded to me still. This was a few days ago. I even went back to the store, InWorld, and clicked the updater to get the updated version and it still gave me a NO MOD version.

Does anyone have suggestions on what I can do? It's just no fair to spend all those $Ls only for it to go to waste.

And the reason I wanted a MOd version, beside the fact that it is part of what I paid for (plus the creator offers a great AO object for you to utilized how you want to) and keeping this product in it's default state makes me look just like any other person who bought the item and did not Mod it. I'd rather be able to alter my AO so that my avi can have a unique animation flow.

I think you will find that the AO itself and the notecards that you may want to change are modifiable, but the scripts and possibly the animations inside are no mod.  These means you can mod the AO itself and add or subtract animations to it, which I assume is what you are wanting to do.  This is standard for AO's across the board and indeed for most scripts inside of prims, except for the ones that are 'open source'.

When an item is made of prims with contents inside the prims the prims themselves can be set as one set of permission, with the each item in its contents set a different way.  When the item appears in inventory the most restrictive permissions are shown. That is why it says no mod.

Rez the AO out on the floor and check the permissions of the prims and then the scripts animations and notecards separately and you will see that this is true for this item.

I revised my message to not include names and links, as I did not realize it was not allowed. And I was NOT trying to slander anyone, since as I said I have purchaed AOs plus animations from this store for my other names. So I don't see why I would intentionally slander my favorite AO store in SL. Moreover, I still shop there, have recommend, and will continue to recommend this store for being the best AO store on SL, in my opinion.

Anyhow thank you everyone for your input. I will continue to contact the creator for a resolution and hopefully I get to Mod my AO. I have tried to rez and Mod, that is how I noticed the item was not Modifable, which made me look in my inventory and see it stated that. Thank you, again.

Permissions get borked in SL. And all it takes is one item in the package with borked perms to screw it up. The creator has to check every item while rezzed in world and make sure every single item in the package has the correct permissions. Then send replacements to everyone that bought it. And replace every copy in every magic box that has it. Same as if a texture goes bad on a product. Every copy ever bought has to be replaced with a fix.

Mistake or no mistake, ignoring consumers is not cool.

In fact, I would tend to consider that to be the main problem.

The other thing can probably be easily fixed or amicably resolved by other means.

Sometimes, it's literally impossible for me to give customers what they say they really want.

But simply showing them proper respect costs little or nothing, and can be of very great value in the long term.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.