Problem with sculpted feet

TransPleasure

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4434 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I bought a high detailed skin but finally I realized that using such skins isnt that much good.

The reason, I bought a pair of high heels and I cant match the feet color with my skin's. Its obvious, feet hud offers on color while the skin at that point has many colors mixed.

Anyone can tip me if there is something I can do to solve my problem?

Thank you!

Depends which feet you bought. Some are much easier to color match than others. You'll pretty much never get an EXACT match - there will always be a slight difference, but for most you should be able to get close enough that it's nearly unnoticable.

Some of the best shoe/foot creators have multiple tones to the skin of their feet, meaning the feet do the same as the skin - there are subtle variations in color over the foot for highlights, etc. Those with less skill are not as successful at this. Even with the highly skilled creators, it won't match exactly, but again, you can get close.

If the shoes allow you to input RGB values, you can go to your develop menu and choose "show color under cursor." Hover over a point on your ankle, near where the ankle and the shoe meet. Get the RGB values, then click where you need to click on the shoe HUD to input the RGB values. (Some shoes have different skin bases in different tones. For this, you want a white tone. To get the RGB value, you need a windlight setting that removes as many of the shadows as possible.)

If you won't be happy without a perfect match, give up and wear boots and heels with no sculpted feet. If you'll be happy with a close approximation, try the above, and good luck!

Yes, Im using a windligh setting.

But like I said, the skin points near the feet are so detailed, like a gradient, there are even the spots of a shaved shin, while no sculpted feet offers a texture than a single color.

Of course wearing always boots isnt the best option :(

Try brands like Maitreya, Pixel Mode, Similar, etc. They're well established and high-quality, and might look better. I have seen shoes where the feet are only one color, but the ones mentioned have some pretty delicate shading. Again, the shading on the shoes WILL NOT perfectly match the shading on the skin, but it should at least provide more than a solid tone. I disagree strongly with "no sculpted feet offers a texture than a single color." It's simply not true. How many have you tried? Which brands?

I have 'socks' textured with a pale skin texture that when worn come up to just below the swell of your calf..  The texture is a gradient though so it becomes more transparent as it rises and is completely transparent at the top.  You put the sock on and using the color picker in appearance, tint them to a color that closely matches your skin.  You know you have a good match when you can no longer see the where the sock starts on your leg.  Then you use the same tint on the prim feet.  You can get a perfect match every time.  If sized correctly, you there will be no noticeable color line between the prim feet and your leg even when you cam very close up. 

They came with some shoe I bought, and since they are copy, I also wear them with other shoes that are difficult to match with my skin.  They can make even the cheaper shoes without good skin textures on the prim feet look good.

Jennifer Boyle wrote:

I cannot find a satisfactory solution, so I do not buy shoes with prim feet.

for me they do work, but only because I only wear them with full length trousers so the seam with the legs falls at the cuffs of those trousers, the closest skin being a long way away.

A small difference in colour/tint doesn't matter so much that way.

G-field has LOVELY shoes with an Alpha layer, and most of their shoes are only 200 L or less. If you don't mind spending between 500-700 linden for a pair of shoes, give N-Core a try. They have have styling cards that give you the RGB numbers to match your skin tone if you have a skin tone by LAQ, Belleza, Curio, Redgrave, etc. If your skin is a smaller brand, they will help you match.

If you get tired of shoes, there's always BOOTS! BAX boots are pricey (900 L a pair) but they custom fit them for you right in the store, or even remotely. Pretty awesome, and well worth the price. If you want more casual boots, I like Mon Tissu riding boots. They look great with jeans, or a short summery dress.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4434 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.