Is Mesh really worth it? *Fashionista Blog*

CaramelBombshell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

I don't care how many sizes are offered, I've found none that fit my avatar and I will not change my shape to wear it just for the sake of wearing mesh.

i've noticed exactly the same i'm not curvy or as skinny as a broom handle but i've noticed the biggest/mens sizes are often too small even with alphas which is a disappointment as some of the mesh i've demoed i would have bought 

Most people can see mesh by now, so I would just wear it if I wanted to wear it. After Phoniex figured out how to let their users see it, it was like a bell went off that it was now okay to go all out with making mesh products.

I own a few mesh items, but what stops me from getting more is 1. the price and 2. having to demo every single item that I want. On standard sizing I am either a small or a medium, so if I don't try it on first, I would be making an expensive mistake.

I like buying something, knowing how it should fit and if something is wonky, letting the designer know. With mesh the repsonsiblity is entirely on you to tweak your shape to fit.For some people, their shape is not within the scale that they use for SS, so they would have to significantly alter their shape or forgo wearing it altogether. I would not compare it with having a skirt shape, because you would only need one additional shape to create to make sure your hips and butt don't balloon out.

On my side, I think that mesh is worth it for the reasons that :
1. clothes look more realistic,
2. hair isn't floating around you anymore,

Now about the fact that some people will see you bald and nekkie, well... I'm fine with that cos I don't care. I don't dress for olther residents, I dress for myself and yes I'm pretty selfish about that but if they want to see me as I am, they should update their viewer ^-^. Nah I mean, when sculpties got released it was the same problem. You can't say that a technology isn't worth it just because some people are laggy at updating to some better viewer. It's all I'm saying.

I totally love mesh, some designers are so good with the shape, like Maitreya, Celoe and Gizza. I buy it if my budget allows me too. As it will grow more stores will have also mesh groupgifts I am sure. It's great not to bother with how your skirt fits in a pose.

I was ones asked to leave a store for the in store model couldn't see the mesh and ones during a fashion show someone pointed out to me I looked naked to here. To prefent that you could still wear underwear under the mesh clothes, at least panties and pasties not to offend anyone.

I dont feel I should be held back by others who have a viewer who doesn't support mesh, but if someone tells me I look naked I will change into other outfit ofcourse :-).

• 2 weeks later...

I find it interesting that people buy stuff that just makes them look bald or deformed to some. I am pretty sure atleast 50% or more of the people that use SL, are using non mesh viewers/versions. Mesh seems to effect performance on some systems badly, even in newer, faster systems like mine. I think its just to unstable at this point.

What makes sales in SL successful, is it's online, and people are always trying to impress other people even if its online. So you dont see people spending $100's on outfits in a single player game, just for their own eye candy. So imo if 50% or more of the population sees you as bald or having block hair or a a cube body I don't think its worth it.

Alot of people find mesh viewers so laggy its unplayable, so don't expect them to just easily change viewers just to see your mesh objects/outfits ect., they don't use them for a reason :smileytongue:.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.