Fun Facts - About YOU!

Melita Magic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4478 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a link to the music selection was provided, I had a listen. I liked your selection best.

I have an aneurhythm now. It is not unwelcome though. It's

. I've been listening to the different versions. I guess I most like Katie Voegele's version.

It’s not a cry you can hear at night
It’s not somebody who has seen the light
It’s a cold and it’s a broken Hallelujah

Randall Ahren wrote:

If a link to the music selection was provided, I had a listen. I liked your selection best.

I have an
now. It is not unwelcome though. It's
. I've been listening to the different versions. I guess I most like Katie Voegele's version.

It’s not a cry you can hear at night

It’s not somebody who has seen the light

It’s a cold and it’s a broken Hallelujah

Thank you Randall, I have never read nor listened to, the words to Hallelujah.

I listen to the music and voice, not the words. It always had me quite perplexed why it has become so popular. Now I know :) Katie certainly brings her own style to the song. A little countryish? but not painfull at all. She's great!

For the Kottke fans, I met him first in his dressing room at the Sydney Opera House. I had travelled some 80+ kilometres, (50 miles), to see his show and was simply astounded when a concierge asked if I wanted to meet him in person. I was dressed rural/hippyish and when I walked into the room there was at least 7 models in there dressed to the nines. o.O (evening gowns/heels/bling/etc).

I was soooo nervous, being a teenager at the time, but he cracked jokes and seemed genuinely interested in my questions. The second time I met him he remembered me. Awesome! 8^)

Melita Magic wrote:

Five questions. You can answer as yourself or as your avatar. Just please specify which one you mean.

1. Describe yourself in two words?

2. What surprised you last?

3. What is your current favorite song or album - one you are obsessing over?

4. What is your mood or feeling today? (Or for you NT types, if you prefer: What is most occupying your thoughts?)

5. What do you most hope for this year?

a) Sock Puppet

b) Outing myself on the feeds, doh!

c) Leslie Gore - It's My Party and I'll cry if I want to.

d) cranky as a baby

e) more delicious fruit drinks.

Eloise: You're very welcome (and to everyone else who said thanks.) Thank you, for posting and contributing.

I like Hallelujah, good song, Leonard Cohen's a great poet.

Forgot to provide a link to my music choice. It's been all over the radio, and the Grammys, but I don't listen to the radio much either and only watched the Grammys this year to see what they'd do about Whitney's tribute.

So, here in case anyone missed it.

I like sad songs (usually.) Hers are sad with a beat. Kinda irresistible. I also liked Taylor Swift's performance of Mean, and Springsteen, and Beach Boys, and Sir Paul. And anyone who didn't lip sync.

Melita Magic wrote:

Five questions. You can answer as yourself or as your avatar. Just please specify which one you mean.

Myself, which is the only me there is.

1. Describe yourself in two words?

Chic Geek

2. What surprised you last?

People, known and unknown to me, coming to my aid.

3. What is your current favorite song or album - one you are obsessing over?

Don't have favorites, but do have currents one that I enjoy.  Got this link from my younger son:

4. What is your mood or feeling today? (Or for you NT types, if you prefer: What is most occupying your thoughts?)

Joyful, making RL business plans, making SL build/creation plans...and happy to have RL rain...and almost-spring air to breathe.

5. What do you most hope for this year?

Hmm, that an incurable plague will destroy all tobacco plants worldwide.  More smart people will reproduce. That irrational people, will cease to be so.  

For those that are debating the Mayan prophecy and astronomy:

The Astronomy talk tomorrow at the StellaNova sim in SL is titled "The Mayan Prophecy" , and Prof Giuseppe Longo, a RL astrophysicist, will explain the "end of the world". 

The Saturday talk tomorrow is at 10 AM SLT in StellaNova. http://slurl.com/secondlife/StellaNova/216/127/31/?title=MICA%20-Talks%20Large%20Auditorium%20at%20StellaNova

This is hosted by MICA ( Meta Institute for Computational Astrophysics) a professional scientific and educational, non-profit organization based in virtual worlds.  RL Astrophysicists do astronomy talks each Saturday in SL, during the academic year. 

Here is the MICA website:  http://www.mica-vw.org/wiki/index.php/Meta_Institute_for_Computational_Astrophysics

The current calender:  http://www.mica-vw.org/wiki/index.php/Upcoming_Public_Events

Previous talks: http://www.mica-vw.org/wiki/index.php/Popular_Talks

Cohen got it backward about the cracks. They let the light out, not in. For Hallelujah, I also like the renditions by

and

That Taylor Swift song made me laugh: Someday, I'll be living in a big old city, and all you'll ever gonna be is mean.

I like Miley Cyrus in

: There's always gonna be another mountain

Springstein's best work was

Randall Ahren wrote:

Cohen got it backward about the cracks. They let the light out, not in. For Hallelujah, I also like the renditions by
and

That Taylor Swift song made me laugh:
Someday, I'll be living in a big old city, and all you'll ever gonna be is mean.

I like Miley Cyrus in
:
There's always gonna be another mountain

Springstein's best work was

Everyone has a light way deep down inside that nothing can darken. It just gets obscured by random crap sometimes.

I'll check out all those songs. Thanks.

For Broos, I like Darkness on the Edge of Town, or Born to Run, for collections, I think. I also like some of his later songs like Life Itself.

1. Describe yourself in two words? Fun loving 2. What surprised you last? Good surprise or bad surprise? Good surprise what my man got me for valentines day, bad surprise, my sudden decline of my health 3. What is your current favorite song or album - one you are obsessing over? Big into daft punk 4. What is your mood or feeling today? (Or for you NT types, if you prefer: What is most occupying your thoughts?) worry about an upcoming doctor's appt in a few hours, I hate going to the doctor 5. What do you most hope for this year? To get my health back on track

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4478 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.