Fun Facts - About YOU!

Melita Magic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4427 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Tired of polls? Me too. How about a fun one though? 

Or this one? 

LOL

Five questions. You can answer as yourself or as your avatar. Just please specify which one you mean.

1. Describe yourself in two words?

2. What surprised you last?

3. What is your current favorite song or album - one you are obsessing over?

4. What is your mood or feeling today? (Or for you NT types, if you prefer: What is most occupying your thoughts?)

5. What do you most hope for this year?

I'll go first. As my RL me.

1. Loyal, and fierce

2. Generosity of strangers.

3. Adele, 21

4. Sleepy, grateful, hopeful

5. A house!

Your turn.  :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Five questions. You can answer as yourself or as your avatar. Just please specify which one you mean.

I answer as Caitlin, my avatar...who is me.

1. Describe yourself in two words?I

Insecure and honest

Not a what, but a ' who'

None, I never really have current favs, it depends on my mood, the weather, the day..etc.

4. What is your mood or feeling today? (Or for you NT types, if you prefer: What is most occupying your thoughts?)

Stressed, rushed and restless

Company

Your turn.  
:)

I saw a video of Adele recently for the very first time a couple of days ago. I remember the introduction by the announcer very clearly: "If you have ever had a broken heart, you're about to remember it.... " She didn't dissappoint.

Damaged soul.

Being recognized in SL from my posts here.

Subdued and sleep deprived.

More hope.

Rebellious

That I didn't have an answer for this?

Deprived of sleep with a 20hr stretch of work to come tomorrow.

That all those who believe in Mayan prophecies get a new Mayan calendar for Christmas.

Melita Magic wrote:

Or this one? 

LOL

1. Loyal, and fierce

3. Adele, 21

5. A house!

Your turn.  

1. Describe yourself in two words?   (RL me) pyjama loving  (my avatar)  pyjama loving

2. What surprised you last?     (RL me) nothing surprises me   (my avatar) nothing surprises me

3. What is your current favorite song or album - one you are obsessing over?  none - I crave the sound of silence

(RL me) disinterested, glum, jaded    (my avatar) detached, wide-eyed and starey

5. What do you most hope for this year?   (RL me) world peace and inner happiness  (my avatar) in-world peace, oh, and better sim crossings.

Mostly harmless

The doorbell 

Creed - Full Circle. 

is my fav track from the album

I felt happy this morning because I found out I got an £800 tax rebate. This inspired me to take the afternoon off and go to the pub. This resulted in me feeling wankered within a very short period as i am a light-wieght, This resulted in me feeling sleepy so I went home and had a nap. 4 hours later I awoke and went to see Phantom menace in 3D. Believe it or not Jar Jar Binks is even more annoying in 3D. Now i am home and feeling wide awake after my earlier sleep and need to get up in 5 hours for work. Somehow I don't think tomorrow is going to be as enjoyable as today.

I hope the world wont end on Dec 21st. I hope the mayor of London Boris Johnson will get to make a speech at the opening of the Olympics for the whole world to hear. I hope I don't wet my pants when I get to see the Stone Roses in June I hope England win Euro 2012.

Clueless nub 

Almost falling for an obvious trap 

Dunno, but dj Glorious spins it :) 

How to make sure the maya`s aren`t wrong 

For once meet a girl that does not want to enslave me, atleast till 21/12/2012, then it can all burn to hell :)

Fretful and giggly

Getting sour candy for my birthday.

Crocdile Rock by John Lennon

Feeling blah but happy at my eye-searing colorful avatar.

Job.

Melita Magic wrote:

Or this one? 

LOL

1. Rasta Kitty.

2. Waking up to being shot at. Which was almost 2 decades ago - and kind of set me up for not being shocked at things anymore.

3. "New World Order (Remix)" by Steele and Queen Ifrica. Though for the past few weeks I've been wavering between Jah Mason's 'Get Along' or Luciano, King David, and Bobo Desert's 'Hills and Valleys'.

4. Going kind of neutral most of the day.

5. RL: Not going to say. ;) SL: Figuring out mesh modelling.

MY poor little avatar and i know that in SL, no one gives a sh^t about the real-life people behind the screen, so this is what she is saying -

High maitenance

When I found out that some guy with the name "Stinky Taco" got banned from this PG region that I am also banned from for being a butt. It insulted me more than anything, What LO has the audacity to ban Stinky Taco? No it isn't my alt either.

Avatar Erin has a few favorite songs - Baby got Back (aka "I like big butts") and also Divinyls song "I touch myself".

Pretty chill, apathetic as usual

Hope is a strong word, implies emotion with desire. Heartfelt desires.

Well, in light of the recent passing of certain Icons like Micheal Jackson, Houstin, and that other lady, Avatar Erin is hoping that Ke$ha is next.

OH come on, you laughed :D

1. Describe yourself in two words? slightly dippy.

2. What surprised you last? Whitney Houston

3. What is your current favorite song or album - one you are obsessing over? Gotye - Somebody that I Used to Know

4. What is your mood or feeling today? (Or for you NT types, if you prefer: What is most occupying your thoughts?) drowsy

5. What do you most hope for this year? To become regional roller disco champion and to own more spandex.

1. Describe yourself in two words? Sweetly opinionated  

2. What surprised you last? my last surprise what a ghost pulling the covers down my shoulder. (really)

3. What is your current favorite song or album - one you are obsessing over? "F**k the Pain Away by Peaches

4. What is your mood or feeling today? Twilight zoney

5. What do you most hope for this year? get my house paid off.. finally.

1.Time Traveler

2.Dissapearance of snow

3.Al Bowlly With The Ray Noble Orchestra – Midnight, the Stars and You, 1934

4.Lazyness

5.Lots of money and a time machine.

1. Describe yourself in two words?  really weird

2. What surprised you last? Finding out you can not only break bones, but do serious (and lasting) damage to ligaments and muscles, just by taking a step. Also, it hurts like hell, and weeks later, will still hurt like hell. If you get a charlie horse under your cast, it's going to hurt like no other you've ever gotten, and it will last days, not just hours.

3. What is your current favorite song or album - one you are obsessing over? Don't really obsess, or have favs. Depends on the day, weather, mood, etc.. etc..

4. What is your mood or feeling today? (Or for you NT types, if you prefer: What is most occupying your thoughts?) Pain, and lots of it, aggravation, annoyance(those would be geared to my ortho dr-ok moreso his nurses and asst. who suck), grateful I have awesome kids and an awesome hubby who doesn't mind me being a crabass, grateful I don't have steps in my house

5. What do you most hope for this year? Hmm, good question. I don't know.

Naturelle Starbrook wrote:

Mother Love Bone -  Apple

Spooky. I listened to this album for the first time in about  20 years yesterday....the exact same day you mention it on the forum.  Wierdness with a capital wierd.

Melita Magic wrote:

Or this one? 

LOL

Compassionate; persistent

A recent snowfall

I listen to music to lift or reflect my mood.  I do not obsess or have a current fave.

Hopeful

To meet a dear friend.

Melita Magic wrote:

Or this one? 

LOL

1. Loyal, and fierce

3. Adele, 21

5. A house!

Your turn.  

Changeable, indecisive

I felt enthusiastic about this new feature in SL -

I currently have an earworm. But I have no idea what it is. It goes "dah dah der der der dum, dah dah der der der dum, di duuuum"

Too much RL occupying my thoughts, incompetent civil servants, badly-run government, and thinking far too far ahead. Basic clusterf*ckery going on in the grey matter.

In RL, as before, world peace, and general happiness.  In SL, ditto.

I hope everyone who was so sleep deprived yesterday, are managing to plough through their work day today. 

@ Porky Gorky, with that tax rebate, couldn't you have afforded yourself a duvet day? You loyal and faithful employee you.

@ Naturelle, I want to be you. I wish I had that thing for shoes. I have one pair that I keep just to take out of the box and look at, strappy, sequined, nice-shaped heel (RL), but if I ever wore them I fear I would get reported to the Royal Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Shoes.  They are just too delicate for a tomboyish gal like me to wear.

@ MoiselleErin, I DID laugh at your post, mainly the song choices ("I like big butts" always makes me laugh from when they used it in an episode of Friends, Ross and Rachael singing it to their little baby - sooooo bad). Thank you for that, I was feeling a bit blue.

@ Eloise - roller disco champion in SL or RL? Either way, fab fun.

@ Tari - I hope you feel better soon. Circle a date on your calendar, and remember how crap you felt right now, and hopefully by that date this pain will all be a dim and distant memory.

@ Melita - thanks for starting this thread. I'm really enjoying getting to know a bit more about my fellow forum folks. 

1. Work allday

2. http://www.msdcs.co.uk/somethingodd/

3. Silence, can't work if there is a noise.

4. Tired.

5. The 21st of dec 2012, is the winter solstice, that means that the earth stops moving up and away from the sun and starts to move down and towards the sun, hence the longest night, only a change in the solar system center of gravity will have an affect, as it will in march when the earth crosses the solar plane, on the summer solstice, when the earth is furthest down and starts to go up and in September as it crosses the solar plane again, so we would see affects at or around these times depending on were the moon was, we are near a crossing of the plane, on march the 21st, so if any thing is likely to happen on the 21st, then we should see big earthquakes around that date.

The picture above, is real and it has entered our solar system, its mass is huge, that could affect all the planets and their position and angle, any shift in that will result in earthquakes.

1. Describe yourself in two words? Getting older (RL); Not me :smileyhappy:(SL)

2. What surprised you last?  A semi passing me on the right (RL); I am rarely surprised (SL)

3. What is your current favorite song or album - one you are obsessing over? Anything Leo Kottke or Tommy Emmanuel play (RL); I tune out most of it (SL)

4. What is your mood or feeling today? Still half awake (Coffee please!) (RL); Can't get in world while I'm out of town :smileysad: (SL) (Or for you NT types, if you prefer: What is most occupying your thoughts?)

5. What do you most hope for this year?  Next year (RL); A new computer would be nice (SL).

As Hugsy Penguin (which generally translates to the real life me):

Loner, Adventurer

I put some free stuff on the marketplace.  The items being "bought" more versus less is surprising me a bit.

Not one that I'm obsessing over.  However, while in world, I came across a device that played Knights in White Satin by the Moody Blues and decided to look for it on the web and play it there instead.

Getting bored.  Thoughts or occupied by the game I'm making.

Getting the game done, LOL.

@ Marigold. I agree, it's fun getting to know people. It's also fun rollerskating to Disco Inferno in hot pink spandex....in my head. ;)

@Melita. I also love this thread. Thank you.

Anyways, I haz noo list.

1. Random and considerate (I was called that today). :)

2. One of my colleagues nearly running me over (thank you low blood pressure for preventing my certain death from a heart attack!).

3. Gotye (again) - Heart's a Mess. I'm obsessed by this guy. Not least because he plays the xylophone and so does Patrick Moore. It's true. Ask Weebl and Bob.

4. Smiley and relaxed.

5. To never lose my optimism and to keep my cynicism for later years, when I intend to become crazy cat woman with 67 of the buggers.

Lucinda Bulloch wrote:

5. The 21st of dec 2012, is the winter solstice, that means that the earth stops moving up and away from the sun and starts to move down and towards the sun, hence the longest night, only a change in the solar system center of gravity will have an affect, as it will in march when the earth crosses the solar plane, on the summer solstice, when the earth is furthest down and starts to go up and in September as it crosses the solar plane again, so we would see affects at or around these times depending on were the moon was, we are near a crossing of the plane, on march the 21st, so if any thing is likely to happen on the 21st, then we should see big earthquakes around that date.

The picture above, is real and it has entered our solar system, its mass is huge, that could affect all the planets and their position and angle, any shift in that will result in earthquakes.

Errmmm. Lucinda, we are nearer the sun in Winter than we are in Summer. We're just tilted away at 23.5 degrees so the light is only skimming us instead of beaming directly down on us. Shine a torch on a table then tilt it and observe the beam. That's the seasons. The longest night is caused by the tilt of the Earth's axis. In the Southern Hemisphere December 21st is the longest day:) True, Equinox (it means equal night), is in September, when the whole world sees 12 hours each of daylight and darkness. This happens every year in March and September. The image in a CCD camera artefact. When CCD cells get full they bleed over. It looks like that to me.

p.s. If you want to get scared about something, Google "Apophis 2027" :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4427 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.