Fun Facts - About YOU!

Melita Magic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4433 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1. Describe yourself in two words?

Laughs often

2. What surprised you last?

The cat actually stopped doing something when told, "NO."

3. What is your current favorite song or album - one you are obsessing over?

I listened to "Fly Like a Bird" (boz scaggs) about six times in a row last night. Does that count?

4. What is your mood or feeling today?

Unusually quiet

5. What do you most hope for this year?

Sanity, or at least something that approaches it.

@Eloise: They have roller disco? I thought I was a real trend-setter the night I decided to go dancing in my roller skates. Now you're telling me it is old news? I feel so stupid.

rollergirl.jpg

I don't have spandex but the overalls are pretty snug ;-).

ETA: Forgot. I guess these are sort of mixed SL/RL. I don't have a cat in SL and I don't dance in roller skates in RL. Otherwise they're for both.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is not a error can still be seen in google sky today, on the 21st dec the earth is highest up, that is what i said and relative to that it does get nearer(Z axis) by going down, the equanox is the crossing of the plane realtive to the sun hence day and night being the same, i am talking of the z axis, not the x and y as you are refering to. the z axis goes from 1.0 to 0.0 then to -1.0

Permanently exhausted.

...that there are some people I cannot forgive. 

Always Donald Faegan's "The Nightfly".  Worthy of obsession. 

4. What is your mood or feeling today? (Or for you NT types, if you prefer: What is most occupying your thoughts?)

Permanently exhausted.

To feel better (have energy), and world peace (i.e., the Iranian situation,etc.)

Lucinda Bulloch wrote:

it is not a error can still be seen in google sky today, on the 21st dec the earth is highest up, that is what i said and relative to that it does get nearer(Z axis) by going down, the equanox is the crossing of the plane realtive to the sun hence day and night being the same, i am talking of the z axis, not the x and y as you are refering to. the z axis goes from 1.0 to 0.0 then to -1.0

I get what you're suggesting but it's not right. The Equinox is not the crossing of the plane, it's the point in the Earth's orbit around the sun. We do dip up and down on the solar plane, but we do that all the time. Speed up the Sun and it wobbles but it's still alright.

I suggest you watch this :)

Lucinda I would drop this, but I am an astronomer. I'm sorry but this isn't true. Comet Elenin whipped harmlessly (and very prettily) round the planet. You should Google the images, they're pretty. That was apparently going to destroy the Earth and it didn't. Whatever that is in your picture, please source it, because it's not a image I recognise as something to be analysed. 

In the highly unlikely event that we do get destroyed by an asteroid in 2012 it will be a coincidence and one that we didn't see coming. If you think we SHOULD have seen it coming? You try it. :)

Did I say a comet, no I didn't you added those words, I think I said brown dwarf and did I say it was close, no, I said it may have entered our system, now the Russians agree, now investigate it and stop making out its that silly comet.

LOL it can be seen, i even showed you a picture, the russians have many more pictures

Lucinda Bulloch wrote:

Did I say a comet, no I didn't you added those words, I think I said brown dwarf and did I say it was close, no, I said it may have entered our system, now the Russians agree, now investigate it and stop making out its that silly comet.

LOL it can be seen, i even showed you a picture, the russians have many more pictures

My apologies. I was using comet Elenin as an example. I should have said so.

A brown dwarf entering our solar system in 2012 would already have had enough pull to suck at least some of Jupiter up. I see no evidence of this. The proof I ask for is the effect on the solar system, from NASA or ESA. You can take this data from one of their thousands of data sets of the solar system...daily...and you can check and follow a lot of these yourself if you want to. Or you can believe we'll die in 2012 and I'll have all your copy/trans and full perm stuffz. p

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Lucinda Bulloch wrote:

it is not a error can still be seen in google sky today.

Sure, and according to Google Earth, there's been a UPS truck in my driveway 24/7 since 2009, leading friends to think that my swooning over men in brown shorts wasn't just funnin' after all.

HA! :D

Lucinda Bulloch wrote:

The Russian talk of one in the ort cloud, they say that it could be dislodging comets, but they say it is getting closer, there was a huge explosion on Jupiter a few months back, but the Russians have plotted it and say it could come as close to us as Jupiter

Show me the explosion on Jupiter. Jupiter is watched worldwide by people in their millions. If you can show me that I might listen.

Eloise Baily wrote:

Lucinda Bulloch wrote:

My apologies. I was using comet Elenin as an example. I should have said so.

A brown dwarf entering our solar system in 2012 would already have had enough pull to suck at least some of Jupiter up. I see no evidence of this. The proof I ask for is the effect on the solar system, from NASA or ESA. You can take this data from one of their thousands of data sets of the solar system...daily...and you can check and follow a lot of these yourself if you want to. Or you can believe we'll die in 2012 and I'll have all your copy/trans and full perm stuffz. p

Yep, and long before Jupiter had her hair mussed, we'd have detected orbital perturbations in probably all the planets and from the lunar retroreflectors left by Apollos 11, 14 and 15 and Luna 17 and 21. There are so many ways to detect the presense of such large masses. If pencil math, based on the relatively crude celestial measurements available in 1845 could accurately predict the presence and location of the as yet unseen Neptune, I suspect amateur astronomers all around the world would have spotted something amiss by now.

Lucinda Bulloch wrote:

Find it yourself, I no longer have any time for you, I really don't care if you listen or not.

I'm sorry you feel that way Lucinda. I can't find it because it doesn't exist.

I'm only responding to you to ask others to question what you are saying. I'll stop now. :)

Melita Magic wrote:

Tired of polls? Me too. How about a fun one though? 

Or this one? 

LOL

Five questions. You can answer as yourself or as your avatar. Just please specify which one you mean.

The two are interchangable for me :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

Teasingly Friendly

Gotye :heart:

4. What is your mood or feeling today? (Or for you NT types, if you prefer: What is most occupying your thoughts?)
  Expectant

At least a few good nights sleep :matte-motes-dead:

Rolig Loon wrote:
Anything Leo Kottke or Tommy Emmanuel play

I have met Leo twice! He's awesome and well.. everyone knows Tommy :D (ok I haven't met him but I've been 3 feet away and smiled, he smiled back! 8^0 \o/ I have met Phil - his brother - just as good a player).

1. Describe yourself in two words? Emo Hellfire.

2. What surprised you last? The price of a custom Cittern.

3. What is your current favorite song or album - one you are obsessing over? Any mandocello by rivieredom or cittern by Citternalia on youtube. 

4. What is your mood or feeling today? Ecstatic - day off work :D

5. What do you most hope for this year? The delivery of my custom D Scale Ovation Longneck with >idea< onboard electronics, (not the current elite TX with OP 1 Pre-amp), with custom carved gum leaf sound hole epaulettes.  

why is the video all the way over there ^~ have a listen to this guy and his one off Cittern, Jimmy O' Hendrix lol

Eloise Baily wrote:

I suggest you watch this
:)

And I'll add this for color. Not the same topic, but it's in the vicinity...

Also on a tangent, Carl Sagan dismissed the possibility of visiting aliens by postulating that, and I paraphrase,

"If they are here and trying to remain unseen they are not doing a very good job of it and if they are here to make contact they are doing an even worse job."

Maryanne Solo wrote:

Rolig Loon wrote:

I have met Leo twice! He's awesome and well.. everyone knows Tommy
:D
(ok I haven't met him but I've been 3 feet away and smiled, he smiled back! 8^0 \o/ I have met Phil - his brother - just as good a player).

Definitely cool, Maryanne.  I bought my first Leo Kottke album (the armadillo) as an LP, back in the dark ages.  I was hooked right away.  I've been to one live performance, but was not close to enough to smile and be smiled upon.  At least I was here, though, and it was amazing  I discovered Tommy Emmanuel much later and have only heard him on CDs, so no smiles there either. He is one fantastic guitarist, though.

Eloise Baily wrote:

I suggest you watch this
:)

And I'll add this for color. Not the same topic, but it's in the vicinity...

And this, something I first saw in I think a cigarette advertisment back when those were still permitted:

• If aliens are smart enough to travel through space, why do they keep abducting the dumbest people on earth?

Rolig Loon wrote:

Maryanne Solo wrote:

Rolig Loon wrote:

I have met Leo twice! He's awesome and well.. everyone knows Tommy
:D
(ok I haven't met him but I've been 3 feet away and smiled, he smiled back! 8^0 \o/ I have met Phil - his brother - just as good a player).

Definitely cool, Maryanne.  I bought my first Leo Kottke album (the armadillo) as an LP, back in the dark ages.  I was hooked right away.  I've been to one live performance, but was not close to enough to smile and be smiled upon.  At least I was here, though, and it was amazing  I discovered Tommy Emmanuel much later and have only heard him on CDs, so no smiles there either. He is one fantastic guitarist, though.

I first saw Leo when I was little and have been catching him when he's nearby ever since. Tommy too, what a treat to watch him play "Initiation".

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4433 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.