Receive IM for every visitor to region?

Jo Yardley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4528 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

They all use sensor that only has a 96m range, so you will need more than one set in a grid over the sim, so it could be done, IM Lucinda Bulloch inworld and she will give you a script that you can place in an object and rez every 180m apart, it is a simple script that just ims you the name, key and position, it will be free, in fact she could put it in the library when she gets back to the forum, i dont do such things

But won't those send me an IM every single time someone comes near one of those sensors?

It is weird that there isn't a simple system that works whenever someone crosses a region, with my Phoenix radar I can set it so that I get a message whenever someone enters the region.

You'd think that it shouldn't be so tricky to combine that into some IM script, mind you I couldn't script to save my life.

Giving yourself all of this information will only lead you down the path to wondering what they're all up to which will lead you down the path to assuming what they're all up which will lead you down the path to assigning motivation to all of them which will lead you down the path to paranoia.

Sometimes peace of mind is best preserved. ;)

Hahaha yes you probably have a point.

But in these days of weird display names it can be quite hard to find out who teleported into a sim and misbehaved.

Sometimes it is just nice to be able to track down who was in your sim when.

I love to do all the detective work, but it takes so much time.

I know the Phoenix and firestorm radars already anounce every single person entering a region, we should be able to harnass this power!

Jo Yardley wrote:

But won't those send me an IM every single time someone comes near one of those sensors?

It is weird that there isn't a simple system that works whenever someone crosses a region,
with my Phoenix radar I can set it so that I get a message whenever someone enters the region.

You'd think that it shouldn't be so tricky to combine that into some IM script, mind you I couldn't script to save my life.

That's because it's using data that's sent to the viewer but isn't available to scripts.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4528 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.