I want to change my name of account womenizerDar for LaRomane

WomenizerDark

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4630 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

First off, you're not addressing the Lindens here. This is a resident-to-resident forum, and none of us here have the power to change your name.

Second, the Lindens can't change your name, either. Account names are permanent and unchangable. You can create a display name, which will hover above your account name and appear next to your account name in chat. Here's a page all about this: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Usernames-and-display-names/ta-p/700173#Section_.2

If you're really dissatisfied with your account name, and don't have too much invested in your current account, you can simply create a new account with the name you want, and transfer any $L and transferrable items to that account. You can't transfer items that do not have trans permissions, however.

• Like 1

Everyone here are nothing but residents.  Just like you.  We cannot change your account name.....only Linden Lab can do that.  And for the record, LL doesn't just change an account name..........you had better have a very good reason (like maybe you're in Witness Protection or something).  You can make a display name but your account name will still be WomenizerDark and it will be available for everyone to see......that's no method.  The other is to create an alt with the name you want (as long as it's available) and abandon your present account (just leave it idle, you don't have to cancel it unless you really want to).  Other than those two things you have to make your appeal directly to Linden Lab.........a support ticket would be a first step.  Don't hold your breath for LL to change your account name.........like I said they just don't do that with any regularity (though I've heard it's been done on a very few occassions).

I have to admit I would be ashamed of that name myself..........it is rather repulsive to me.  You should have given a little more thought into a name when you created your account.  But children will be children and they generally have to learn the hard way (I know, I was a child once myself :) ).

• Like 1

Yeah, Peggy said it.  That name may have been a poor choice, but you're stuck with it.  Linden Lab almost never changes an account name.  It's like asking the IRS to please change your Social Security Number.   Ain't gonna happen. 

Fortunately, you are only a month old, so you probably haven't accumulated a lot of non-transferrable inventory.  Your best option now is to open a new account with a better name, transfer your L$ and any inventory you can to it, and start over.  If you aren't  Premium member, it won't cost you anything.  Even if you are, it may be worth it.  Keep the WomenizerDark account open as an alt.  You never know when you might need one.

• Like 1

I don't blame you for wanting to change it.  By the way, the word is "womanizer", not "womenizer".  But don't use either one when you create your new account.  Choose a name that is innocuous, easy to pronounce, and, if possible, clever.  Remember that people will be able to see your user name, even if you later add a Display Name.

HI LaRomane.  I was looking at your profile, and you are very new.  If you don't have too much invested in this avatar, I would do what Rolig said and create another account with the name you want.  I just checked and LaRomane is available at this time.  I hope this helps!

Peace!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4630 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.