Femme and looking for new friends. :)

iReyn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4248 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My name is Denise. My Second Life birthdate was yesterday. I'm from the Philippines. I was born and raised there too. I really need friends since I'm a new comer here and doesn't barely know anyone yet. I have like 3 friends and I only know one of them. 

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

:smileyindifferent:

ETA: Generally, it is. And any moment now, someone will be along to tell me how mean and insensitive it was of me to call your bump pointless.

I was kidding. Thanks for the WARM welcome though. :matte-motes-asleep-2:

I think the bump as seen as unessecery because...well, the forums can be rather dead and things don't ger burried so quick. And, people role play here and joke and make no sense (Hi, I make no sense. Which is why I am here to try and make sense...which in of itself makes no sense because many times I am simply not able to make any sense! Irony is funny, and from me is funny to? I don't know, which means this post is sort of useless. I mean I could really do something better with my time. Hey, wait...I forgot to stop the parenthesis...ok, where are they....AHha! Right here! ) Ok, phew...where was I?

Yes. You need a thick skin here....and a pretty skin...but when you have a pretty skin you get hastled by guys sometimes. Oh, wait...or was then when you DON'T have a pretty skin they figure you are new and start to introduce you to SL in a way to make you think that it is all about playing house, then they cheat on you after you have a SL baby with them JUST to see the look on your face..i mean, even though most people don't use face motes when they have been cheated on....they just IM and then put the person on mute...I think...I never did this, so I am not able to really tell much about it. Hey, this ended up being a nonsense post as well, because I don't know much about SL relationships....wow, yikes! I feel sort of confused...well...I guess I should move onto another post. Uh, yeah.. hurray for iR...Irao.oohy....iRan? No, that is a country....oh, wow. I forgotthe name already! Damn.

Yeah, I don't do the whole friends thing, which is why it is nonsense for me to try and make any sense in the "Make Friends" Forum...yeah, that was the nonsense of trying to make a senseful post...so, yeah....welcome to SL Forums!

BUT, alas....at one time I did sort of make friends and have a friends list. I say sort of for the obvious reason that I ended up finding out they really where not friends to me, they where curious people, bored people and friendlistaholics! I must have had 100 people offer friend adds! I then tried to log in one day, forgot my password and guess what? SL asks you a question based on your friends list! I mean, you would remember your friends name...right?! Nope lol.

The friends list makes you dependent upon it! So, you end up having a trouble getting your password retrieved or changed when you forget it lol :P Friends are not your friends if you can't even remember thier names...right? So, this post DOES make sense! Which doesn't make any sense for me...I am in a non sense making mood and thougraly thought this post would be all useless and make no sense! Alas, I have helped you a tiny small way...if you are forgetful, or misplace things....you not only would want to use the friends list BUT...you are also prone to lose a password lol. Funny they use that as a question lol.

So being careful of who you add to the list is a serious issue if you are forgetful.....but so tempting to let all add and be added, because heck....how will you remember all those names! I find it better to not socailize much and randomly joke and run from all friend making....so, sorry but I have no help on where to get friends and not really wanting to be a friend myself...I feel it is nonsense to post, it is slightly getting off topic!!! AH, but....I frequently make no sense...I don't think it harms anyone...so, why not! Help you might recieve, even though it might not help....because they may have changed the way passwords are retrieved these days lol. ;) Ahg...yeah, I confuse myself sometimes...although it might help you though! So, I will hit the "Post" button!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, this post above (the one I made..or does the number mean the WHOLE thread?) got less than 40 views! Another that was about gender got like 2900+ and a few others seem to not get many views.

Maybe the originalposter should have said something controversial! Then, many many people would view it! Or maybe she was right in bumping it, although slightly early on in the threads life to be bumping it.

Either way, she did have a point! Not many even SEE the thread! I had seem to see only ever a few 100 views max. Usually, general topics might work for that. Which makes me think the signature is a good way to advertise/mention you want freinds!

A few general posts with a sig might be also an effective way. The signature line could simply state "Please be my freind! I am new, just contact me in world via IM or send me a friend add!" or whatever!

So, for all the odd stares...well, she did, in the end, sort of have a good point. There just wasn't many views of this (or others similar, from what my stats say) thread/post!! I guess one more post to mention this sort of bumps it....but, I also figure it was maybe worth the experiment to anyone out there. More views does not mean quality views, because anyone NOT interested will basically not check out the thread here! So...yeah, maybe not a huge big deal. But, might not hurt for anyone trying in the future to simply chat here and then totally end up with more views and possibly MORE freinds, without repeating or bumping the thread. BUT, oddly...this one is now bumped a bit lol anyway! So, good luck...not that I think you need it, you seem rather freindly and approachable!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4248 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.