Miss Murder?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4494 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Are you still in the group? Go to the group owners profile, in her picks she says the store closed Dec 3 2011 but you can purchase her stuff in the MP, here's her note:

I am the owner and creator of ☠Miss. Murder☠

The Inworld store closed as of 12/3/2011

All my items can be found on SL marketplace (expect for some of the free packs). If there is any items you can not find and wish to purchase.. please email me at Miss.Murdercreations@yahoo.com or send me a NC.

Thanks!

ChampagneStar wrote:

Thank you sooo much! I've been so lost w/o this store, but I feel stupid for not seeing the notice. ty ^

Don't. Lots of times we miss the obvious because it's right there in front of us, if we could figure it all out on our own, we wouldn't need to ask questions. 

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Just remember to use extreme caution when buying from MP - even when you have an active merchant like this one, they can't control the problems in MP itself, and that the merchants who sell only there are no longer helping to support SL's viability.

What about if those merchants spend their lindens on inworld stuff? Does that count?

http://nwn.blogs.com/nwn/2012/01/second-life-loses-sims-and-revenue-2011.html

Venues we all love to visit and enjoy have no built in source of revenue, so they generate it through 2 other possible avenues: residential rentals and shop rentals. Either on the same sim or a related sim.

Marketplace makes shop rentals uneeded. Linden homes makes residential rentals less viable. And being a venue people visit also can make residential rentals less viable.

As merchants move offworld, we're seeing entertainment, social, and arts venues close in record numbers. Even from someone like me who feels a lot of the closures are just shifting generations in the SL userbase - with many new places opening elsewhere... I can't overlook the loss of 879 sims.

Merchants fail to realize that SL doesn't exist for them. SL exists to entertain us all in various ways. We buy from the merchants to have things to use, wear, or rez at the laces we go to to be entertained or entertain others.

Merchants NEED these social venues to stay open, or their customer base will dry up. But too many are looking to short term interests and jumping ship. Tragedy of the commons problem.

If you really need to go off to MP for your mainstore, consider still renting a signboard in some clubs or other spots that you know your kind of customer enjoys.

There is a second end to the problem; many social venues have yet to realize they could stop renting stalls, and instead rent signboards that link to merchant's MP shops. Rent for less, but rent 3 or 4 times as many...

So suggest that to the owners of your favorite social venues... and maybe, just maybe... we can solve this without having MP kill SL as it is currently doing.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Venues we all love to visit and enjoy have no built in source of revenue, so they generate it through 2 other possible avenues: residential rentals and shop rentals. Either on the same sim or a related sim.

Marketplace makes shop rentals uneeded. Linden homes makes residential rentals less viable. And being a venue people visit also can make residential rentals less viable.

As merchants move offworld, we're seeing entertainment, social, and arts venues close in record numbers. Even from someone like me who feels a lot of the closures are just shifting generations in the SL userbase - with many new places opening elsewhere... I can't overlook the loss of 879 sims.

Merchants fail to realize that SL doesn't exist for them. SL exists to entertain us all in various ways. We buy from the merchants to have things to use, wear, or rez at the laces we go to to be entertained or entertain others.

Merchants NEED these social venues to stay open, or their customer base will dry up. But too many are looking to short term interests and jumping ship. Tragedy of the commons problem.

Could the sims we like to visit instead use outside sources of revenue? Since most of the awesome builds are literally digital art, can those sims be supported through donations or by RL source of income? 

Charolotte Caxton Wrote "What about if those merchants spend their lindens on inworld stuff? Does that count?" when they go off world like that it gives us one less reason to explore sl.. they become one dimensional and really more of a drain..like taking your money out of one country and giving it to another.. it's hard to blame them for going to the market place with land prices being a pain..but LL is who is pumping up the market place and hurting their own company by offering a merchant to be able to do that same thing off world with less overhead.. myself i am doing more shopping in world..and support the grid now by only shopping at inworld stores or using market links with inworld locations... that's just me though ..i feel the market place should be a catalog to your main store like those little shops are in malls.. they shouldn't be your main store.. it would be much better if they just made MP for demos and samples of what the main store has.. but LL is like a chess player that can't see past the next move of their pawn.. they don't ever seem to look at the whole big picture when they enter these kind of things to a delicate ecco system.. they drop rare amazon tree frogs right in the middle of a big city zoo and wonder why something goes wrong with the ecco system.. lots of things are hurting second life right now..and LL is a big part of that hurt with the changes that just seem to be trying to get everything outside of the inworld.. it's like they don't want us on the grid or something.. can't really blame merchants for wanting to cut cost..they will cut where they can..most times because they have to..

my Cell screen is too small to even try to post to these fourms...........i'm waiting for 5g to get the iphones.....right now i'm on some version of AT&T that was pretty basic when i got it....... i never really use my cell..it just kind of sits there lol...............maybe if i get an Iphone i'll use it more hehehehehe..............

Ceka Cianci wrote:

my Cell screen is too small to even try to post to these fourms...........i'm waiting for 5g to get the iphones.....right now i'm on some version of AT&T that was pretty basic when i got it....... i never really use my cell..it just kind of sits there lol...............maybe if i get an Iphone i'll use it more hehehehehe..............

AT&T makes cell phones? 

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Could the sims we like to visit instead use outside sources of revenue? Since most of the awesome builds are literally digital art, can those sims be supported through donations or by RL source of income? 

9 years of SL, and none of that has succeeded as yet.

Lets say, your favorite club was 'Hawt Rocks 80' on Sim ABC.

- It rezzes a tipjar for donations, who pays into that? Maybe 1% of guests, on a good day. Even if 'Hawt Rocks 80' was a top rated club with 45k traffic and in the destination guide and had -ZERO BOTS-... still almost nobody's tipping that tip jar.

Real world donations? From whom, and why?

Think about it...

At best real world donations will fund maybe 1 or 2 spots; art places.

So SL becomes a world with 2 sims, and nothing else... who's going to buy the fashions now?

What about all the roleplay sims, clubs, other art places, resident social venues, live music, sandboxes, car races (yep, know someone who won a race in SL), and so on...

Think of all the many different kinds of places in SL. Thousands of them. How will they get funding, if not from inworld sources?

If you, as a merchant, aren't funding them, they die.

And once they die, your business does too.

The money trail in SL is very simple:

Residents buy lindens, they go shopping for things to wear or use. Merchants use a portion of that money to rent spaces to show off the things residents can buy. Land owners use a portion of that money to pay the bills to support the places residents go to to use the things they bought.

- That's pretty much it. Everything fits in there somewhere.

MP slices a clean line through that, like a sword beheading someone; with equally brutal impact.

OMG a rarity! I disagree Pussycat. There! I said it! :P

I don't agree at all that MP is bad for business in SL. I think we can sometimes underestimate our shoppers.

Here's how I use MP.

Think...hmmmm my plants are looking a bit 80s, let's go shopping.

Open the MP while inworld.

Search, find, look for inworld location.

Go to inworld location. Rinse and repeat untill I find the thing that is most glittery.

or....

no inworld location.

check how many items

check reviews

give it a whirl if I like it.

Why? Because I have 11 items for sale and no shop yet  because 11 items is not enough and I work RL 12 hours a day. The shop will get there but I still want the buzz I get when someone buys something I made.

The point is, like most people I want to see it before I buy it. Even clothes are so sculptastic and meshtabulous now that I would like a demo so I visit in case a model is wearing it. 

I'd never leave my land without MP.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

9 years of SL, and none of that has succeeded as yet.

Lets say, your favorite club was 'Hawt Rocks 80' on Sim ABC.

- It rezzes a tipjar for donations, who pays into that? Maybe 1% of guests, on a good day. Even if 'Hawt Rocks 80' was a top rated club with 45k traffic and in the destination guide and had -ZERO BOTS-... still almost nobody's tipping that tip jar.

Real world donations? From whom, and why?

Think about it...

At best real world donations will fund maybe 1 or 2 spots; art places.

So SL becomes a world with 2 sims, and nothing else... who's going to buy the fashions now?

What about all the roleplay sims, clubs, other art places, resident social venues, live music, sandboxes, car races (yep, know someone who won a race in SL), and so on...

Think of all the many different kinds of places in SL. Thousands of them. How will they get funding, if not from inworld sources?

If you, as a merchant, aren't funding them, they die.

And once they die, your business does too.

The money trail in SL is very simple:

Residents buy lindens, they go shopping for things to wear or use. Merchants use a portion of that money to rent spaces to show off the things residents can buy. Land owners use a portion of that money to pay the bills to support the places residents go to to use the things they bought.

- That's pretty much it. Everything fits in there somewhere.

MP slices a clean line through that, like a sword beheading someone; with equally brutal impact.

Sounds good. I suppose if sims are relying on sales to stay alive, then the MP could as you point out, cut into their market. I guess I was saying, why can't the owner of sim Hot Rawks fund his sim by having a RL source of income?

SL as a source of income seems doomed to me by its very premise. I know we have all heard of the SL millionaires, but that's like saying remember when Christina used to be a big deal? 

I haven't been here long enough to speculate on the decline of sims in SL but I bet it has more to do with RL situations, such as less time for luxuries because of economics and all that jazz. SL is a luxury I think and those that derive an income from it are leaving in droves because it doesn't make economical sense I think.

Eloise Baily wrote:

I love my Nokia N73 and I refuse to budge.
;)

I feel so 19th century with my motorola razr. 

But to the topic at hand.  I mainly look at Marketplace like browsing the yellow pages and then go shopping in world.

I do believe there should be a simbiotic relationship between merchants and buyers.

I also think the majority of residents still have no real working concept of how the world works.  They go to clubs, go exploring, etc with no real understanding that someone is paying for that cyber-space.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Eloise Baily wrote:

I love my Nokia N73 and I refuse to budge.
;)

I feel so 19th century with my motorola razr. 

But to the topic at hand.  I mainly look at Marketplace like browsing the yellow pages and then go shopping in world.

I do believe there should be a simbiotic relationship between merchants and buyers.

I also think the majority of residents still have no real working concept of how the world works.  They go to clubs, go exploring, etc with no real understanding that someone is paying for that cyber-space.

Ah, you've been peeking at my diary, have you? Yes I agree, for the most part that describes me. It took me a while to even realize real money was at stake here and that everything was created by other people and wasn't just part of the built in scenery. 

Interesting Charlotte. I only discovered the serious business side of SL when I discovered the forums.

When I bump into old friends who just shop, chat, breed (animals and themselves mainly), dance and enjoy each other, I'm quite envious of their ignorance/innocence.

What's the meme?...cannot be unseen...

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

I know what you mean about the forums, and about how what you know can't be unknown. It's like having to press ctrl alt t all the time cause you just know those are two prims with textures on them when in actuality, they used to be a beautiful pair of magical wings.  

Mmmhm.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4494 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.