Where did these items go?

pibebrusle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4485 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello **Only uploaded images may be used loan payday in postings**://secondlife.i.lithium.com/html/assets/emoticons/mattemotes/big_grin_wink.png" border="0" alt=":matte-motes-big-grin-wink:" title="" /> I had a house on some land. It had furniture, art, pets and trees which I purchased. Then today I decided I wanted a different house so I clicked on my land and chose return all objects own by me, only some have returned though. I'm still missing items like pets, trees, random objects, furniture and art

They are in coallesced objects.

When multiple objects are returned, SL gathers them together into one item, names the item after one of the objects in it, and returns it as just the one item. It's created several coallesced objects (items) for you.

You can rez each of them and take your objects one by one.

Hello pibebrusle and welcome to SL Forums. Why did you return your stuff and you didin't take it one by one? That 's what you had to do. It was a mistake. With auto-returns always you have the risk to lose something. For now: Check out your Lost and Found folder in your main inventory for coalesced items.  afsaf.png

To see what exactly are the coalesced items and how you can retrieve them, please check the following links:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Object

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/How_to_retrieve_coalesced_items

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Building-tips/ta-p/700041

(About how to post pictures here in the Forums, have a look here. )

Oops. It's never advisable to autoreturn objects in one go like that. Instead, although it takes longer, take each item one by one back into your inventory. You now have coalesced objects. They look like boxes with a piece falling out, and each one contains bunches of your things. To get them back, go to a large sandbox, create a box, edit it into a platform,, sit on it, raise it up quite a bit (a thousand or more meters is good), THEN rez your coalesced items. This way, you can see all the way around, including under you, in case items gets rezzed under the ground. Make sure you're well away from other builds and from the boundaries of other properties. You want to do this in a large sandbox so that the items don't rez on other people's land.

VERY IMPORTANT:

When you do rez those items again to see how they got grouped up...

Open the build window -FIRST- before rezzing. Control-3 or command-3 (PC or Mac).

That way they will all be selected.

This is VITAL because if some of them end up outside your land and are not selected, SL might 'eat them' instantly...

But as long as they're selected, you've got a hold on them, and can move everything to inside your land, then examine it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4485 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.