Meeroos: Are they really so expensive?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4501 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Thanks all for your answers. I prefer to read your opinions in this thread than to post, 'cause i know almost nothing about meeroos and breedables. Today my friend im'ed me again and told me that she has two newborns! The first is very rare and she is pretty sure that she can sell it for at least 150,000L$ (maybe 200,000). The other one for 25,000L$. It is rare also. Maybe this is the answer for the question of how one recoups an investment from purchasing a 100k Meeroo. If i have understood right, when you buy a rare (special) breedable you have more possibilities for special newborns also (depends of the genealogical tree), so it is very possible to get your money back and maybe more.

@Pussycat: Your pic is amazing!!

I think you need to smack your friend with a clue-by-four.

Even the most rare Meeroo of them all, the Phantom - which is what my avatar there is, would be unlikely to ftech over 10-20k from a buyer.

The problem is that anyone into Meeroos knows that the rare you have will be common by next Tuesday... so whay pay so much, if your own commons will pop one out any day now.

Even during the peak of the hype, the Kois, which were the first rare to hit the scene and when they did were at first very slow to pick up in frequency... never achieved more than a 50k value (isolated cases at that too). And that was during the stage when things were in full on hype mode and there were dozens of 24/7 sims packed with live auctions and people seeking to buy...

Now even the top auction sim is half empty, and has a traffic score of about 5000... The people left in it have the roos they need, for the most part, and make smart trades with each other to maximize their potential where its lacking - out of fun of seeing the results rather than making profit.

So the Meeroo bubble has burst?

Sorry, I was away from SL for most of the Meeroo evolution....when i did return, I found my SL partner had a bunch of them and was creating/ selling Meeroo Interactive Toys !!!! She knows that i'm not that fond of Breedables because of the astronomical food costs that pile up.

So the Meeroo bubble has burst?

Good question.  (I don't know, myself, but timing the inevitable isn't a very compelling spectator sport.)

The amusing thing about this is the weird way these bubbles have deflated in SL.  What seems to happen is that the lowest price at which one can find the ex-bubble commodity rapidly approaches zero -- but the SL market is just absurdly inefficient, with some would-be sellers still holding out for the peak price, undiscounted, until they just disappear.  I bet it's still possible to find even those hideous horse contraptions still on sale somewhere, for a princely sum.  It's as if they just never get the memo.

(Come to think of it, the land market is a bit like this, too, in spots.)

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

ShadowsOVerBlumfield_001.jpg

You can always become your meeroo if you're tried of working the little pets.
:)

oh that picture is amazing ..it reminds me that i was wanting to look into the cool viewer..

That was taken on the official Viewer-3.

yes i know..i had seen  you saying something about it in another thread that had to do with feeds also..

i was just saying that with my system right now..maybe cool viewer would let me get some of my settings where i could hopefully take pictures like that hehehe

right now i can't get mine  using the goodies in V3..but i will in a couple of weeks  hehehehe

i can't wait to get my new system..i want shots like those =)

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Pussycat Catnap wrote: 

oh that picture is amazing ..it reminds me that i was wanting to look into the cool viewer..

yes i know..i had seen  you saying something about it in another thread that had to do with feeds also..

i was just saying that with my system right now..maybe cool viewer would let me get some of my settings where i could hopefully take pictures like that hehehe

right now i can't get mine  using the goodies in V3..but i will in a couple of weeks  hehehehe

My setting for that shot involved setting the sky to 'Incongruent Truths' (great for bringing up color saturation in screenshots, and making stark contrasts of light and shadow). I've then got All the graphics thingies on: Shadows, Depth of Field, Ambient Occlusion, Anti-Alias at 8x, etc...

- That image was made on a day when I first discovered I could get about 10-12 fps leaving those settings on and running around...

The Meeroo in question is from 'Spare Parts' - and she makes the kits for every coat of Meeroos out there. She's also got one of those chair thingies that cycles its letter pretty often. But the best coats are of course, the ones for sale.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Pussycat Catnap wrote: 

My setting for that shot involved setting the sky to 'Incongruent Truths' (great for bringing up color saturation in screenshots, and making stark contrasts of light and shadow). I've then got All the graphics thingies on: Shadows, Depth of Field, Ambient Occlusion, Anti-Alias at 8x, etc...

- That image was made on a day when I first discovered I could get about 10-12 fps leaving those settings on and running around...

The Meeroo in question is from 'Spare Parts' - and she makes the kits for every coat of Meeroos out there. She's also got one of those chair thingies that cycles its letter pretty often. But the best coats are of course, the ones for sale.

i can't even move when i have depth of field on..it's usually luck of the draw that i even get it to run at all let alone shadows lol

i don't care if i have to spend 3k on a system..i am getting something that gobbles up goodness this time lol

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4501 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.