can not log in for second day.

AlexaShade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4507 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

ever since the "upgrade download" I can not log in with either of my avatars. I have read the advice about leaving group and then the group will be deleted but if I can't log in at all with anyone, so how can I leave group or ask other members to leave group? I am so frustrated that I am thinking of leaving this game. I have spent alot of real money on this game and now I can't even access it. In the past I have contacted Linden and gotten a "ticket" for help but I have never received any type of help from them only messages saying that the "ticket has been closed". *sigh* I feel like crying

5 answers to this question

Please be assured that you are not alone in having this difficulty after the automatic download of the latest verson of the viewer. 

I would advise giving the third party viewer Firestorm a try, as suggested in Isabel's post.  It has very similar features to the Second Life viewer, plus a few very useful ones, and a great support group inworld too. 

It is very disappointing to hear that your support ticket to LL was closed. It would not have taken them any longer to have dealt with your problem.

Before you start making changes and installing Thid Party Viewers (TPV) there are some checks you should make. First check Grid Status... always. It is not perfect. But, planned outages will be noted. Problems will appear there as soon as the Lindens realize what is happening.

Next check you connection with SpeedTest.net. All your doing here in most cases is making sure your ISP is not having a problem.

Reboot your computer and router/modem. Anything from static electricity to a mental midget hacker may have affected them.

Wait and hour or two and see if the problem self corrects or somethig pops up on the Grid Status page. Give LL Support a call. There is no need to wait more than a couple of hours or so... or at all if your impatient.

Those are the simple first steps for any system. To get more specific we need to know more about your computer. Open the viewer and before logging in click Help->About. Copy and paste that information with your post. With that information we can provide more specific answers.

Groups Problem

That has been a problem. Without doing some reseach I don't know if that has been fixed. You can check you web profile at http://my.secondlife.com/ But editing gropups is a viewer task only. But, if you can log into your profile you'll know it is a viewer rather than login issue. If not, then you have a login problem unrelated to the viewer. Support will then need to help you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4507 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.