I just signed up, open SL and everything I click on says log in to teleport, I'm logged in.

Ameopo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4529 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I log in on the website, click a destination, it opens SL, but it looks like a home page. When I click on anything, it says I have changed my starting place, but need to log in to teleport. I've already logged in, and there's no where I see to log in on this page. Please advise.

***I HAVE downloaded and installed SL, the viewer, that's what I'm talking about, I cannot do anything once the viewer is up...that's when it gives me that message.***

Here's more information. when I click on the second life viewer in my applications it opens what looks like a webpage but is not (no address, not in a browser, etc). It says Second Life on the top. There are two menus on the top left. Me and Help. On the right it has a picture of Linden Realms, What's Hot Now and Destinations. On the left is upcoming events and Blog. 

***Update- it wasn't my viewer it was my computer, it cut off the bottom of the viewer that has the login, tried it on a different computer and it shows*** Thanks everyone for trying to help.

4 answers to this question

You are HERE, on the Second Life web page(s).  You need to download the Second Life viewer, install it, then run it and log in to the Second Life WORLD.  They are two very different things.  The world is Second Life...this page is just about Second Life, and provides support resources.

Get the viewer here, if you haven't already:  https://secondlife.com/support/downloads/

By the way, the reason you are confused is that you can actually get into SL from the Web, by clicking on a "SLURL", a Second Life URL.  Doing so will start your viewer and log you in at that particular location in world.

If it looks like a home page, then it is.  That's secondlife.com, not the SL viewer you need for going in world.  Once you have installed the viewer, you need to find its exe file on your computer (or the shortcut to it on your desktop) and double click it to start.  It will open to the login page (which doesn't look like a web page), where you type your name and password, then click LOGIN.

Ok, what you are doing is clicking on a destination on the log in page. It does say, 

You have changed your starting location. Log in to teleport.

Now, look at the bottom left of the same screen, you should see a username box, a password box and a green Log In button. Fill in the info and press the green button.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4529 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.