Someone sold me a FREE script for $360 Lindens, What can I do?

Usive

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4582 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So, I bought this script from him, and right inside it says it's someone else made it and intended for it to be free, he didn't even bother to change it.

And it was supposedly an item rezzzer, but it's a damn landscape rezzer.

I want my money back and want him banned, or at least removed from the market. Can I do this?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peter, I bought the body for that laptop from a MARKET PLACE vendor who titled itt  A DELL LAPTOP. LL sure as hell isn't going to get on my ass when I don't even show the Dell insignia in the add or mention the name. So don't go there.

6 answers to this question

Only LL can decide to ban him or eject him from the MP. But you can gather as many proofs as you can (transaction details, description of the item, conversations if you had any with this person) and file an abuse report. You may also send a PM to Dakota Linden in these forums, she is the one in charge of the Marketplace isssues.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Filing-an-abuse-report/ta-p/700065

Well, it's certainly not very nice.  I would be ticked if I had purchased it too. Unfortunately, though, I doubt that your complaint will have much effect.  I have given away plenty of my own scripts with a notice that says that they are free and not to be resold, but I have no illusions about preventing that.  

You can probably get LL to pay attention if you bought something in Marketplace that doesn't do what it claimed to, but I would be very surprised indeed if they'll do anything about someone just selling a script that he got for free.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4582 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.