why is my meadowbrook house smaller than others I thought they were all 512? Can I change it?

sallyb70

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4539 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi,  I upgraded to premium so I decided on a meadowbrook house - the loft style.  I was quite happy with my choice, as I thought it looked roomy, but on closer inspection it is the smallest of the houses. I thought they all had the same floor space. I do have a bit of outside space but not enough to make up for the size of some other styles in Meadowbrook.  Is there any chance of changing the design? I feel a little claustrophobic in this broom cupboard hehe!!

Thanks Sally

5 answers to this question

All the Linden Homes sit on a 512 sqm parcel with 117 prims available.  If some look larger inside, they have a smaller outside space.  Yes, you can change homes.  While you stand inside your current home, open Land and click Abandon Land.  Then, go back to your dashboard and repeat the steps to find another Linden home.  Enjoy your SL!

• Like 1

While you can certainly change as others have mentioned, you might want to try living there first. 117 prims even not counting the house (the main bonus of a Linden Home situation) is NOT MUCH. I have had 800 prims in a 12 x 16 one story home and it was nicely decorated. Sometimes small is a good thing and let's you decorate more fully for the space. Just sayin' :D

512 x 512 m is the size of the lot, not the size of the house. Just as in RL, some people have small houses on an acre of land and others squeeze a mansion onto the same lot.  Regardless of how big your Linden House is, the big advantage is that it doesn't count against the lot's 117 prim allowance. A person with a big house can't put any more in it than someone with a smaller house, but both of them can add more than someone on a standard 512 x 512 lot who had to build his own house.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4539 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.