Looking for a roommate

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4541 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was told to try this here or the Land forum so I thought I would try here, hope that's ok.

I have a SL home that comes with a paying account but that only goes so far. So, I thought I would try here to see who would be interested in buying land and spliting the price down the middle same with prims as well. of course I would like us to get along but don't have to be the best of friends. If you're interested man or female contact me inworld. If i am not online send me a NC.

Thank you,

Penelope Rolendis

It might help interested responders to know if you have preferences.  Such as:

How much land would you want to purchase?

Mainland or Estate?

Type of terrain?

What if the roommate or you had major disagreements?  How would the relationship be terminated?  One buyout the other?  Abandon land?  What if you both want the land--how then would it be decided?  This last bit is just to get you thinking in anticipation of discussing it with a potential roommate.

Good luck!

I know that land isn't cheap well not for those who can't really afford it. So as I said the payment ment would need to be split down the middle. I am able to pay 1000L or a little more a week if needed. As for mainland or estate I have no idea what the difference is between the two I would just like something that will also give a good amount of prims. I have come across some rental places that will charge over 2000L a week with only a little 200 prims to me thats kind of high with low prims.

As for anything else that will have to be discussed when the time comes. I'm not hard to get along with and usually but not looking for a bff or anything like that but some kind of friendship is needed to live together. Respect for one anothers space is also a must. If can live together then we can search for land together share notes or planes. All other things can be discussed inworld.

And who is the martini drinking, cigar smoking resident? 

Penelope Rolendis wrote:

I am sorry but we are not allowed to name names here (or at least have to be very careful when we do).  I am surprised I haven't seen him roaming around the threads since this morning.  I do hope he hasn't got in trouble again.  He may just be waiting for the right weather conditions.

Penelope Rolendis wrote:

I know that land isn't cheap well not for those who can't really afford it. So as I said the payment ment would need to be split down the middle. I am able to pay 1000L or a little more a week if needed. As for mainland or estate I have no idea what the difference is between the two I would just like something that will also give a good amount of prims. I have come across some rental places that will charge over 2000L a week with only a little 200 prims to me thats kind of high with low prims.

As for anything else that will have to be discussed when the time comes. I'm not hard to get along with and usually but not looking for a bff or anything like that but some kind of friendship is needed to live together. Respect for one anothers space is also a must. If can live together then we can search for land together share notes or planes. All other things can be discussed inworld.

what size lot are you wanting..i think they have open lots where i live ..and it's double prim lots..you could get about 460 some prims for 1k a week i believe..i'll have to see how many i have ..but thats likem  1024 lot i believe..

it's in a really nice area as well in a huge community that is about 20 plus sims or so..

i can check if you like..

i'm not in world at the moment..but i can log in and look if you like..is it that you are wanting a roomie because you want land  or that you are just wanting to room with someone?.

ETA: kk i just looked and for a 1024 lot you would get 468 prims..234 prims per 512 lot..

i actually have 2 512 lots next to each other that combines my prims and also another 1024 lot in another part of the sim which also lets me use the prims from it..

i'm actually paying like $L438 per 512 a week..and my 1024 lot $L876 a week..so it's actually under 1k $L's per week for a 1024 with 468 prims..

also the sim is mature residential and commercial land

Don't share land. It will almost certainly end up with one of you doing the dirty on the other.

Mainland is owned by LL and you pay monthly tier to them. Private island land is owned by a resident as far as you are concerned, and you pay monthly rental to that resident. In both cases, only one of you can be the "owner" - you can't jointly own the land. That's why I said that it will almost certainly end up with one of you doing the dirty on the other. The one who is abnle to do it is the one who "owns" the land. Of course, the end could be perfectly amicable, with one or both simply moving on, but such arrangements often end in animosity.

Another thought is that, if you do manage to get a "room-mate", you would presumably each be able to use half the prims. You would get the same number of prims if you got a half size piece of land for yourself, and you wouldn't run the risk of a dirty deed waiting for you in the future.

Phil Deakins wrote:

Don't share land. It will almost certainly end up with one of you doing the dirty on the other.

Mainland is owned by LL and you pay monthly tier to them. Private island land is owned by a resident as far as you are concerned, and you pay monthly rental to that resident.

if you are renting from a resident that owns a sim then you are renting from LL as well..

you don't pay rent to either..you pay tier for owners rights..

there is a big difference from renting and owners rights in sl..

there is more risk in tier to a resident rather than say mainland tier to LL..but there are not the headaches that you can end up with on mainland..

they both have thier up and down sides..mainland you want a good area with good people living around you..

private estates you want a good reliable estate owner that has a really good reputation..

now never ever ever ever ever ever ever LOL(catches her breath) ever say that i (going into the 4th person now) Ceka Cianci pays rent ever again!! hehehehe :P

but i agree..if you buy land either way..do it alone..

just giving you a raz Phil..i never see you post much anymore hehehe

Phil Deakins wrote:

You can give me a raz anytime you want, Ceka
:)

I didn't detail all the possibilities. I just gave the basic difference between mainland and private island, but my main point was to
not
enter into land-sharing.

I more-or-less stopped using this forum but I was a bit bored today
:)

hehehe well it is good to see you hanging around still =)

i love seeing people from the RA still showing up..

and yes i know you were just warning them..but i had to give you a raz for old times sake  lol juss had to hehehehe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4541 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.