What is YOUR personal 'most wanted' script/scripted gadget/object?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4547 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been wondering, what is your personal most wanted scripted object that you haven't been able to find in SL so far?

Reason for my asking is simply that I wanna do some market research on what would sell. A little incentive for all of you out there: If I make your personal most wanted item (or something sufficiently close to it/based on your idea) you will get a free copy from me to an avatar of your choice. 

Now hit me with your ideas, and thank you in advance!

xxx T.

P.S.: To avoid swamping, please don't post more than 3 wishes. But you may and should post something someone else has posted already if it's on your wish list as well, I will go by numbers.

jiggle script that allows for scripted resizing without the jiggle script reverting it back. though people like me will find other uses, i can also see this possibly used for goo.

EDIT: also a platformer hud that restricts your view to that of a 2D ish perspective with controls likewise altered.

Void Singer wrote:

rotate an avatar without being seated.

a function that can be easily included into a large script to get the precise bounding link center

name to key without web lookups.

>=)

PS

what is a jiggle script?

*giggles* I'm looking for scripted things people are looking for and can't find I could sell on the marketplace, not for miracles to perfom, void ;-)

P.S.: No idea what a jiggle script is

Jiggle: 

1. To shake 
2. To wobble 

3. Commonly used when referring to a girl shaking her ass...She is shaking it so she is jiggling it

4.To open a lock without a key(requires some knowledge depending on the lock) The movement of large breasts, ass or other body part. :smileywink:

I'm not sure what the person asking about the jiggle script meant, but the first thing I thought of when I saw it was jello, lol.

So a script that can make a prim jiggle like jello does, is what I thought of. the reason I thought of it was because of the goo comment. I've seen scripts that make prims move, but I've never seen a prim move with a "natural jiggle", if that makes any sense.

To be honest something I would love to see, though I know a few exist they are not nearly as user friendly as people claim they are, are blue menu creators. So many things need (or the creators want them to have/utilize) the blue menu. But it takes a pretty big learning curve for some to understand. Or a lot of copying and pasting which leaves way too much room for error should something else pop into local while you're waiting for this product to finish "saying" what you need to c/p. I've helped other people who've bought these various blue menu creators, or products to help them learn how to create them....they are *not* new user friendly, period(and this also makes them not really affordable for the average new creator-which tends to sour the opinion of these new creators). I think anything thta better helps new creators is actually the best idea, right now. Anyone that caters to new creators is doing not only themselves a great service, but also the grid. Sorry long winded, I had a very long day yesterday helping someone with building and this is one of the frustrations we ran into, lol. (language barrier didn't help either).

I had a whole bunch of ideas before I started typing and now my train of thought is gone. I'll come back when I remember what it was I wanted. I'm not the greatest scripter in the world, so I am forever looking for scripts or tutorials for making/adjusting my own to suit my needs as a creator.

Tari Landar wrote:

[...] So a script that can make a prim jiggle like jello does, is what I thought of. the reason I thought of it was because of the goo comment. I've seen scripts that make prims move, but I've never seen a prim move with a "natural jiggle", if that makes any sense.[...]

flexi with tight springiness and high reactivity to wind? or on demand via script manipulation of gravity? neither should affect a resize script, so I'm curious what's going on there.... now a window shake (like for huds) would probably mess with 50-75% of the current resize scripts (most based on free versions) and bork the object if they were both engaged at once... but shouldn't reset the objects size.

Void Singer wrote:

Tari Landar wrote:

[...] So a script that can make a prim jiggle like jello does, is what I thought of. the reason I thought of it was because of the goo comment. I've seen scripts that make prims move, but I've never seen a prim move with a "natural jiggle", if that makes any sense.[...]

flexi with tight springiness and high reactivity to wind? or on demand via script manipulation of gravity? neither should affect a resize script, so I'm curious what's going on there.... now a window shake (like for huds) would probably mess with 50-75% of the current resize scripts (most based on free versions) and bork the object if they were both engaged at once... but shouldn't reset the objects size.

To be honest my definition of jiggle, has absolutely nothing to do with resize scripts, and shouldn't(I'd say couldn't, but this is sl, I know better) affect any sort of resize script. I'm not fond of them so I don't and wouldn't, use them anyway.. Probably has nothing to do with what that person was asking for either. I was speaking about a prim actually jiggling like jello does when touched and once done jiggling going back to it's non-jiggling state. Or heck even one that worked on collision(ie, you walk into a wall of goo and it wiggles like crazy, eventually slowing and then stopping, until the next collision). It wouldn't change size at all, so if a prim had some sort of resize script in it, that wouldn't be affected. I also have no clue what you mean when you're talking about a window shake.  Maybe we're thinking of different things (a shake and a jiggle are not the same, to me, two different actions). I've tried using flexi with as many different settings as I possibly could, I've never been able to really recreate this jiggle. A shake, or lots of other movement, yeah, but that's not a jiggle. A jiggle is more smooth, but fast. A shake is more rigid(whether fast or slow). Makes much more sense in my head. But, like I said, probably not the same kind of jiggle that was mentioned.

Think of a great big blob of jello or goo sitting on a plate in front of you. Touch it, or even move the plate, and it jiggles a bit(or a lot) and slowly stops reacting eventually returning to it's non-jiggly state. I've never been able to get flexi to recreate this. I've only been able to recreate it using sculpts and a script that changes the sculpt map(s) used. It changes quickly enough to make the prim look like it's wiggling-but it's not super smooth, not gradually slowing and doesn't return to it's "non moving" state when finished. In other words it doesn't even look remotely "lifelike".

window shake (sometimes also referred to a s jiggling the window) is what some applications do to get your attention... the window (or likely in this case hud) would move in randoms directions from it's center for several step then return to normal. and all it is a movement script that saves the tart location and and adds a small position move to that several times (without overwriting the original position) then reset the orignial position...makes it look like it's shaking.

honestly ..the only thing i can think of is a script that will let me  set different positions to my guitars..so i can fix them to different animations..

right now i have one upper body animation strum that i use mostly that doesn't get overriden by other animations..

so i basically need a hud to and an object i am wearing to be able to record and keep those positions recorded  so that i can switch to other strums that i could be using..

it's hard to explain or put into words because i haven't played aroudn with my guitars recently..

basically i wear the guitar on my chest..then have to set it in one spot for that strum..

i just want to be able to set  it to maybe about 5 other strums or something that i could even add more strums later..

the one i have now..i can set up to 5 strums but they end up either  not staying or i end up having to reset all the positions the next tiem i wear it again..

it takes forever to set up one position let alone 5..

Void Singer wrote:

window shake (sometimes also referred to a s jiggling the window) is what some applications do to get your attention... the window (or likely in this case hud) would move in randoms directions from it's center for several step then return to normal. and all it is a movement script that saves the tart location and and adds a small position move to that several times (without overwriting the original position) then reset the orignial position...makes it look like it's shaking.

Ahh, gotcha, wasn't sure if that's what you meant or something totally different.

Yeah that is not the same as what I was thinking of when talking about jiggling, lol.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4547 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.