Im lost too lol

XbabylonX

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello and Im glad to be a part of sl among u.

Some basics questions since I cant understand the directions.

1) Im trying to wear a pantie under a pantyhose but I cant do it. When I attach tha pantyhose, the panty gets lost.

2) The pantyhose I wear (or any other legwear) leaves the ankles uncovered.

3) Some changes(eg pubic hair, shirt etc) causing my hair to get lost.

Any help on these?

Thank u very much for your time!

Hi and welcome to the forums.  Hopefully the clothing you are wearing came with different layer options. 

Wear the panties on the underwear layer (should have a symbol that looks like panties in front of it in your inventory list).  Then wear the pantyhose on the pants layer (should have a symbol of long pants next to it) then search for a socks layer of the pantyhose which will cover your feet (has a picture of socks in front of it).  Wearing clothing on different layers overlays them wearing clothing on the same layer causes the new item to replace the one you were wearing.

I don't know why changing your shirt or pubic hair would cause your hair to dissappear!

eta: Here are some tutorials that might help:

http://secondlife.com/my/whatnext/video-tutorials/index.php?lang=en-US

If the videos don't pop up type "clothing layers" in the search box, there are two that look helpful.

XbabylonX wrote:

Hellooo0

1) Im trying to wear a pantie under a pantyhose but I cant do it. When I attach tha pantyhose, the panty gets lost.

Instead of "Wear" use "Add"

I think the designers made it that way. You will need to wear shoes to cover the open ankles

You probably "Add" those items to your skull. Just keep using Wear instead ... Only use Add when you want to use multiple layers on the same part of your body. You also probably using a Folder to Replace Current Outfit which means if the folder does not have a hair in it, your head will end up bald.

Welcome to Second Life. :matte-motes-big-grin:

XbabylonX wrote:

Hello and Im glad to be a part of sl among u.

Some basics questions since I cant understand the directions.

Any help on these?

Thank u very much for your time!

It's a peculiarity of how the clothing layers work in SL.

1) Pantyhose usually comprise of an underwear section and a sock section. Wearing pantyhose means you can't wear panties with them.

2) as in 1), they should have a sock section that makes up the ankles & feet of the hose (unless they are footless hose).

3) not quite so sure on that one. Is this 'prim' hair (made of separate pieces which are attached to the head), a hairbase tattoo, or the old-style 'system' hair? Icould understand a pubic hair tattoo knocking off a hairbase tattoo, for instance.

Relating to all of these, more recent viewers allow multiples of certain layers to be worn together e.g. two tattoo layers, or two underwear layers for panties and hose. In this case, you need to 'Add' layers, not 'Wear' them.

You can wear panties and pantyhose at the same time, if a) the panties are on the underwear layer and the pantyhose are on the pants layer, or b) you use a viewer, such as the official viewer or Firestorm, that allows multiple clothing layers attached at the same point. Wear the layer you want on the bottom - the panties - then add the layer you want on the top - the pantyhose.

To cover your ankles, look for the sock layer of the pantyhose, as others have said. Some tights, like thigh-highs, are sometimes comprised of ONLY a sock layer, but full tights are usually both underwear/pants and sock layer, which you have to wear together. Most higher-quality designers will provide multiple layer options for the same item, so for tights you might get both a pants and a panties layer and would wear whatever suited you best.

As for your hair getting lost, are you wearing prim hair? (It'll have a box next to it in your inventory if it's prim.) That shouldn't happen with prims unless you're trying to attach something wear you're already wearing something. Hair is usually worn on the skull attachment point, and very few other things attach there for this reason, so you shouldn't be having this problem. If, on the other hand, your hair is a tattoo layer or includes a tattoo layer, this might happen if you "wear" another tattoo layer instead of "adding" it. I can certainly see this happening with a pubic hair layer. Again, use "add" instead of "wear" and you should be fine.

Thank u all for yr answers.

I understand that there is a difference between Add and Wear. using them whenever is needed, I made what I wanted.

But right now, after experimenting a pair of boots, I lost my legs, from knee to feet :(((((( HELP Im legless!!!!

You probably are wearing an "alpha", which is sort of like a "cloak of invisibility". The boot maker gave you an "alpha" to make sure your feet and legs don't stick out of the boots and you didn't take it off when you took off the boots (because you didn't know it was there. Right click yourself and slide over to "Take Off..." and see if "Alpha" is higlighted. If it is, just click it to take it off and your legs should come back.

1. Right Click on your hair and Select Edit

under Edit select Stretch .... on the side there is an option if you want to Stretch Both Side... Unchecking means you'll have to adjust the each buttons. And then use Move to move your colourful 'cursor / axis' up, down and sides. You can't exactly make it short but you can resized and readjust the hair to make it appear shorter.

2. If you can't do this, left click once on your hair and see if it is scripted. A pop up box will appear and it will ask if you want to adjust or resize the hair.

3. If the hair is unscripted and you can't edit, it means it has no Modify permission. I think the only you can do it Move it but not resizing.

PS: Which shop did you bought your hair from?

What do you mean, the hair is too long? Longer than your preference? If the hair has a resizer, you can click it and choose how much to resize. Be aware that this will resize the whole hair, not just adjust the length. If the hair is modifiable (find it in your inventory and check for "(no mod)" - if you don't see that, you can mod it), you can stretch it by choosing "edit" and selecting "stretch," then manipulating the small grey boxes that appear. However, this will also stretch the whole hair, not just adjust the length. To JUST edit the length of the hair, you'd have to edit each individual prim by choosing "edit linked parts" and clicking on the prim you wished to edit, then using the colored boxes to shorten the prim. (The colored boxes only appear when you edit individual prims; otherwise, you get gray boxes that only let you change the size of the item as a whole.) Hair is usually a heavy-prim item, so this could take a while, and can be difficult if you don't have modding experience. If you do choose to do this, make a copy of the original first if at all possible. Some items are no-copy; if this hair is no-copy, I don't recommend that you try to resize it this way.

Easier is to buy a new hair in a style and length you like. Try a demo first, to make sure you like the way the hair looks on you (keeping mind that if it looks too big or too small, you can adjust it, but if it's too long or too short, it's much harder).

The reason you couldn't make your hair shorter with the menu that you found is that only works for really old types of hair that almost nobody uses any more. The type of hair you got can't be edited that way. You may be better off just getting new hair. If you want a good place, search for "Savoir Hair". It's a store that's full of free or L$1 hair from pretty good designers that they're offering as promotional items. They have a really good variety.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.