Where do I find yardsales inworld?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I haven't seen a yardsale in SL for years. I think most stuff nowadays is no-transfer so it's not possible to sell it. I guess searching the events listings rather than ordinary search might be best. Used to be that the events listings were chock-full of yard sales.

Felicity Overloard used to have a yard sale on her sim.  It was awhile ago so I do not know if she has sold it all.  It was a variety of items:  clothing, plants, furniture.  You can search on her name and find her sim.  She has other things for sale, of course, in her shops there.  The yard sale stuff was in a grassy area near a wall.  No promises.  Good luck.

A few years ago there used to be a few really great places that were nothing but yard sales. One giant yard sale sim was my fav and it was called, Yard  Sale. The owner would buy your old unwanted stuff (not at huge prices of course, lol) and then lay it out for sale. When this av was new that's where I got most of my stuff. It was really nice stuff too. But sadly, those sims are gone :(

There is one place I know of that some people like, but it's a total ripoff. They charge the same as the creators do, or did, since a lot of the stuff is outdated now(and not retro in a good way). They also spam the begeebus out of you, sell mostly copy items(so you won't find one of a kind anything).

The events tab in search is where I find all the ones I go through. But try terms like yard sale, garage sale, sim sale, flea market, used sale, resale, and even just sale in general. It'll take some wading through the events, but I know they are still listed. I went to one the other day and found something nifty I needed(not really, just wanted it). I was bored and went grid hopping via events.

A friend of mine got a VKC dog through a yard sale. I used to scout such sales hoping to have the same luck as i really want one of those but they are a bit costly. No luck as yet.

It's the only way i`ll get one, seeing as the adoption area of the vkc only gives away unwanted dogs to people....who already have one.

My question is: where are the customers? Friends and I tried having yard sales and no one came, no one saw, no one bought a single thing.

Meanwhile there were lots of pix uploads for lots of homemade boxes, so the nonexistent customers could see what they were not buying.

That's probably why there are no more yard sales today.  :)

There are so many brand-new freebies on the grid no one wants yesterday's stuff mostly.

What do you need? I got lots of stuff.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.