Best way to sell lindens

Dante Velaystar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 1 year later...

rates.JPG

I use the limit buy to purchase my Lindens.  Now why on this chart they call them "best rates" I am not sure.  It is slightly confusing.  What you see here are people trying to get the highest dollars for their Lindens (sell orders) and people trying to get the most Lindens they can for their Dollar (buy orders).

One thing you will notice is that their is nothing listed at the time of this screen shot between 248L and 256L.  What that tells me is that Linden Dollars are moving very fast at those rates. 

I plan my Linden Dollar purchases in advance of when I would normally need them in my daily SL'ing.

I usually try to buy at 260L per dollar.  I had an outstanding order to buy at this rate for two weeks until yesterday. Time came I really needed the $L's, so I cancelled that order and placed a new order at $255L, a rate in that fast moving category.  That got filled in under ten minutes.

So the question will be when choosing a rate to sell your Lindens how fast you want the transaction to occur.  L$226/ US $1.00 may take forever to sell.   L$280 / US $1.00  would probably be instaneous.

One thing for sure, I would never buy or sell at Market Rate.

edited to correct math error

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.