Cat Goes Into A Ball

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4615 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's just the various states of the animation loading isnt it? Each position of the 3d prim loading?

It does cycle between "clear looking" and "ball looking" doesn't it?

Check you network/bandwidth speed in *preferences and your cache size in the same panel.

I think what you refer too is quite common and affected by varying load times of the item perhaps.

Do you mean that the cat curls up into a ball as if she's going to sleep?  Or do you mean that she becomes a spherical prim?  If she still looks like a curled-up cat, then it's an animation issue, as Maryann says.  Consult the instructions that came with the cat, or take a crash course in Japanese so you can ask the creator what's up.  If she's like a ping-pong ball, though, maybe you have a mesh kitty that's not loading fully (or you're looking at it with a non-mesh viewer).

I have this cat too. In fact, I bought several of them! The maker has made two basic versions; one sitting cat and one laying cat. I found that the laying cat "balls" badly but the sitting cat does not. In the end, I packed the laying cat at away in my inventory and left the sitting cat out inworld. If you really love this cat as much as I do, you may want to consider buying the sitting version instead - perhaps that may assist. It "solved" the problem for me.

Dazler - that's exactly the one!  And yes  - it is the layin down cat that balls up into a spherical prim type shape.  Weirdly what I found helped was buying the cat a buddy - and setting him out in the same parcel.  Now the sitting up cat balls up.  Lol.  I think it's a ploy to buy more of the same colour of cats  - lol.  The only issue is now that when I personally leave the place - the cats ball up again!  They must love me!  LOL

And in the club - it's not just me that sees them this way - and clearing the cache didn't help.  Shame - because they are really really great cats.

And Sy - don't put da kitteh in da hamzster ball!!!! LOL

Thanks for your replies everyone!  :o)

This cat goes into a ball. The sim-owner says "Human avs in formal dress only" and ejects her. She complains about it on the forum and threatens to rage-quit SL when she's told that sim-owners can set any rules they like.

She discovers a fur-friendly sim and SLives happily ever after.

(True story, but I admit it's lacking a bit as a joke)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4615 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.