HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mayalily

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4613 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Omg, I think I made a big mistake.  I rezzed a star emiter into my SL house and all I have now is hover text showing and it took up about fifteen prims and emits no stars. 

Is there any way to get rid of the star emiter that only shows the hover text, short of removing everything from my house and starting over?  (I've tried to click on it at least two dozen times, but it's too small to hit and delete.)

Seriously, praying I don't have to remove everything to get rid of this.  Is there any other way to get rid of the non-working star emiter under ANY tool I might not know of?

You are lucky it was just in your house, sitting on the floor or somewhere.

It happened to me a few times that I made an error moving an object and had objects embedded in a floor or wall with no bits sticking out to select it. Also when jewelry is too small, it is worn on the inside of your avatar instead of the outside. Good luck then editing it to the right size.

Uallas Borgin wrote:

It happened to me a few times that I made an error moving an object and had objects embedded in a floor or wall with no bits sticking out to select it. Also when jewelry is too small, it is worn on the inside of your avatar instead of the outside. Good luck then editing it to the right size.

With jewelry that is completely embedded in your avatar, open your inventory and find the item in your inventory.  Then, right click the jewelry in your inventory (it should be bolded and say "Worn On...") and then click Edit.  You can then change the size because the jewelry will be in edit mode even though it's embedded in your avatar!  As for something that is stuck inside walls or floors...here is where you will have to use your camera controls to cam inside the wall.  Once you can see it inside the wall, you can click and edit it outside of where it's stuck.

Marcus Hancroft wrote:

Uallas Borgin wrote:

With jewelry that is completely embedded in your avatar, open your inventory and find the item in your inventory.  Then, right click the jewelry in your inventory (it should be bolded and say "Worn On...") and then click Edit.  You can then change the size because the jewelry will be in edit mode even though it's embedded in your avatar! 
As for something that is stuck inside walls or floors...here is where you will have to use your camera controls to cam inside the wall.  Once you can see it inside the wall, you can click and edit it outside of where it's stuck.

Another trick I have used is to 'max out' my computer running other programs before logging into SL hence slowing down the world rezzing.  I don't know exactly why this is (must be related to the order objects load) but usually I would see those objects before the wall around them would load and I would be able to click on them.  Still had to act fast because it was only a couple of seconds window of time it allowed. 

But generally speaking, my camming skills have improved to the point that I don't have to resort to that method.

Venus Petrov wrote:

Now that is a new one for me!  I was taught to cam inside the avie to fetch whatever was lost.  That is brilliant, Marcus.  Thank you.

I second your vote on that one.  You'd almost think something that obvious would be common knowledge!

On a side note, whenever I am rezzing an object that I am not certain about the size of or if I am pretty sure I know that it is going to be small, for example, jewelry or huds, I always create a prim first and rez the object on top of it.  It's a lot easier for me to delete that prim than to have to search inside a floor or in the ground for an object.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4613 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.