Got a question about Premium Features.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi I got a question about premium features and Second Life.

Okay so I was looking at the home page of SL today while logged into my account, and I notice that it said something about upgrading my account to a premium, and there is seriously something I dont understand.

It says Go Premium Now and Get:

. Your Private Virtual Home

. Weekly Currency Rewards

. Exclusive Virtual Gifts

. Premium Only Sandboxes

. Live Chat Support

. Mainland Building Rights

. Sign-up Bonus

.Access to Adult-only areas**

Okay so I understand all of this except there are some things which it doesnt explain to me, and isn't very good that Linden Lab doesn't really give many details to new customers either.

So my question is this.

1. Does this mean that we will have to pay $9.95 every month or have a premium to access adult rated content in SL or adult areas?

2. Mainland building rights?? Does this mean that we wont be able to build in public free sandbox, or we wont be able to rez objects on friends land or anything just because we are not premium subscribers?

3. Or does this include the Linden Lab adult housing only areas?

I just dont get it?

Also it would be nice if Linden Lab add the following to our viewers or Viewer 2.

1. A drop down menu at the top of the screen with a location of all teh info hubs listed with PG/Mature/Adult.

2. Also a drop down menu with a list of premium & non premium sandbox for people.

It would also be nice if.

The details of the premium were changed to give details to its subscribers about how much currency rewards they get weekly, as well as well as details about housing & such.

GothGirl Demonia wrote:

So my question is this.

1. Does this mean that we will have to pay $9.95 every month or have a premium to access adult rated content in SL or adult areas?

as long as you hve payment info on file you can access adult rated land or if you age verify you gain the extra ability to access age restricted land as well as adult rated going premium is just another way to get adult verified

I agree that the descriptions are misleading & some are not even valid benefits of being premium IMO.

You have to set up a subscription to become premium & by doing so you get payment info on your account. Having payment info on your account is one of the 2 ways to get access to adult content (the other being age verification). So yes you do get to access adult content if you are premium, but not BECAUSE you are premium, just because of the payment info & if land was set to age verification only, you still wouldn`t be able to get in without age verifying, just like all the basic members.

The building on mainland is badly written too, you will have access to the premium only sandboxes, but basic members still have access to the public sandboxes so again, yes, premium members can build on teh mainland, but so can everyone else.

They will be saying it is a premium benefit to be able to teleport around the grid next or to see the sky LMAO.gif

You also forgot the other "benefits" that everyone else gets..

Lag

Chat lag

Griefers

Event sims that dont rez, or relog a lot or are not on line

"the problem must be at your computer end, not ours"..Really ?  thats a new reply for "we dont know"

I know this sounds a little negative,  but to spend a lot of money and time on something, and then get fobbed off by lies..

no wonder people leave.. just personally, the grid is getting a lot slower in rezzing these days..and no it isnt my **bleep**ing computer end...

• Your Private Virtual Home - True: A Linden Home, on a 512 M2 parcel that can't be made larger or granted more prims. Many restrictions apply. Not available if you're under 18. Debatable how "private" it is, with often 4 or more other homes packed in near enough to yours to be in chat range. No more "private" than any other home in SL, and less so than a home on a non-public priavtely-owned sim.
  • Weekly Currency Rewards - True: L$300 a week, paid back from what you pay them in real money
  • Exclusive Virtual Gifts - True: Recently a free furniture set, that was no mod and no transfer, 40+ prims
  • Premium Only Sandboxes - True: Though they fail to mention they are all G-rated, and limited to simple scripts only.
  • Live Chat Support - True: Your mileage may vary on how useful it is, but it's available to Premium only.
  • Mainland Building Rights - Badly worded. Only means you can buy Mainland parcels and build there. Everyone else can still build anywhere that build is enabled on the Mainland, including public sandboxes.
  • Sign-up Bonus - True: Paid 45 days after you sign up.
  • Access to Adult-only areas** - Very deceptively worded. True, to the extent that having Payment Info used automatically grants access to most Adult sims, if the Resident is also over 18. But falsely implies that this is the ONLY way - any Basic member that is 18 or over can also get this "perk", simply by stating their age in the age verification area on this website, and/or by adding their own payment info and purchasing $2.50 USD worth of L$.

Osprey Therian wrote:

Saying 'if you are X you can do these things' is not the same as saying 'You can only do these things if you are X.'

Exactly.

It is true that premium members can access most adult content & build on the mainland, it is just not true that they can do things because they are premium or that basic members can`t also do them.

The wording of the statements is misleading.

Okay I have not checked this topic for awhile, but from what I understand this is how it currently is.

1. You sign up for a new SL account, the only thing LL collects is an IP address, no RL information no name, no Credit Card, and you can use any email you want including a fake email, or anyones email account because  I already had the problem with a griefer using my email to get into SL on one of my email accounts luckily I didnt have any accounts register on that email account.

2. Currently you don't have to provide any type of ID To age verify all you have to do is login to your account, click age verify, and click you agree to the terms and are 18 or older thats all you are age verified.

So I don't understand this still? In the future like are we going to have to verify by.

1. A real ID?
2. Payment Information?

Currently anyone can Register as many accounts as they please, get them age verified and get into any adult simulator without showing ID, or even using a real email account, so I honestly don't know what is going on here. I called Linden Lab about this when I first hear about my friends who are teens possibly getting exposed to mature content here and who I spoke to was like Yes it has been changed.

Anyone have any Idea about this I mean like I have had some serious griefing problems in SL with people greifing and make cosntant accounts posting my Profile picture, and profile information into their profiles and griefing people, as well as other simulators pretending to be me, I have filed abuse reports on it most of them got removed from SL but even still some of them show up in search with my SL name in their profile and profile picture being used without my consent yet they keep coming back on sleeper accounts that are over 800+ days old each time one gets removed. * It is seriously like Whack a Troll/Griefer*

I have even been banned off some Parcels I have never been to because some griefer decided to grief in my name using *Display Names* and so I found myself having to send note cards out explaining the issue to the parcel owner about it which is kinda annoying.

I mean I know that back in the day when it required people to be age verified to get into a adult simulator with actual ID it was a bit harder for griefers/trolls to easily get into adult simulators, and a lot of people I know were using Adult for this reason, but now that it has been like this for months there are hundreds if not thousands of Troll accounts already all age verified that do not need ID, and even if it only required payment information to be verified as an adult.

For example for payment information I could register as many paypal accounts as I want, link them to disposable prepaid debt cards that allow use on the internet, but still even then it limits griefers/trolls on how many they can register but still gives them an upper hand.

Any idea what LL's new plan is I would say going back to ID required would be best.

Oh and yes I agree that AD LL had for premium really doesn't explain how it is to me but makes kitty so confused.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.