People in the wrong job

Eloise Baily

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4614 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I came back from a festival this weekend where I saw Athlete.

I also went to Frankenstein's Wedding Live in Leeds a way back and this weekend reminded me what a good singer the lead actor, Andrew Gower was. Here's what reminded me...

and here's what made it fact in my eyes:

I personally think he's wasted and I would merrily buy his records.

Have you ever been surprised by someone "famous" or not and thought, hang on. They're in the wrong job!

p.s. here's what made it personal. I was one of these dancers :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're posting in the wrong forum. This is not a political discussion site. There are thousands of sites dedicated to political discussion where you can type until your fingers bleed. I'm interested in seeing subject matter related to SL in this forum, not your political views. This falls into the realm of deep-seated convictions, like religion. You're not going to persuade anybody of anything. They already agree with you or they don't. So save it or post it somewhere else.

Errrm Randall, this was nothing to do with politics.

Someone mentioned someone political and I answered, but if you read my OP I am not asking for that, nor do I deserve your response.

May I politely suggest that it is you who needs to go elsewhere, since this thread is clearly not to your taste. Thank you.

Eloise Baily wrote:

Someone mentioned someone political and I answered, but if you read my OP I am not asking for that, nor do I deserve your response.

May I politely suggest that it is you who needs to go elsewhere, since this thread is clearly not to your taste. Thank you.

FIne, let's get into it. I've already reported your post to the mods, but if they want politics discussed, I'll post until this thread is pulled and I'm almost certain it will. As for Sarah Palin's alleged incompentence and stupidity, let's consider the current gaffes and many mistakes of the current POTUS as so eloquently put by Sarah Palin:

My fellow Americans in 

, the 
. With our country founded 
, we have much to celebrate – from 
 to the reforms that bring 
. We know that countries like Europe are willing to stand with us in our fight to 
, and 
. And let’s face it, everybody knows that it makes no sense that you send a kid to the emergency room for a treatable illness like asthma and they end up taking up a hospital bed. It costs, when, if you, they just gave, you gave them treatment early, and they got some treatment, and ah, a 
. I mean, not a breathalyzer, ah, I don’t know what the term is in Austrian for that…  

Of course, the paragraph above is based on a series of misstatements and verbal gaffes made by Barack Obama (I didn’t have enough time to do one for Joe Biden). YouTube links are provided just in case you doubt the accuracy of these all too human slips-of-the-tongue. If you can’t remember hearing about them, that’s because for the most part the media didn’t consider them newsworthy. I have no complaint about that. Everybody makes the occasional verbal gaffe – even 

anchors.  

It's a bit more than "now and then" with the current administration. Did you celebrate quatro de cinco? How stupid do you have to be to let the economy get this bad? When Obama took over, unemployment was 5.6%, the debt was 500 billion, and the US had an AAA rating. Unemployment is now more than 9%, the debt is two trillion, and the US has lost its AAA rating. 

Quite an achievement. Just think what that clown can accomplish with another term. And Obamacare, did that really solve anything? Waiver after waiver. Is health insurance any cheaper now?

@Eloise, POTUS means president of the US. I reported your reply to Venus to the mods, not your OP. 

I listened to the song in the second video link. Now I feel depressed, hmm....

To Randall: We can discuss politics in GD, but, discussing politics here would be off topic from what the OP had posted.

If you would like to create a discussion about Politics, I would participate.

I personally think the current Pope is in the wrong religion. I have no idea why I just think so.

I think a lot of people are in the wrong place and wrong time. I always thought I was.

I thought I was in the wrong profession and then I got into the job that I thought was meant for me and yet I still feel unfulfilled, I want more. I wish I striked a jackpot or something and get my family sorted out comfortably in nice mansions and good healthcare so I could quit my job and go dodge some bullets in Somalia as a volunteer for the union.

I thought perhaps being someone's wife and a mother could be a 'safer' alternative to Somalia until I saw my friends ended up getting divorced for marital infidelity, irreconcile differences and all those crappy excuses. Who suffered? The children of course. Their children grew up in a dysfunctional way and I tell you, it isn't fair. Children are an amazing creation. They could withstand so much suffering. They heal faster than a normal adult. They love unconditionally. But scars runs deep, why do we need to put a scar on such a beautiful soul?  I do not want to see that happening to my future children.

But most of all, I think there is something wrong with Randall. What's got into him? Who moved his cheese? Didn't someone gave him enough honey in SL last night? I blame his woman for not giving him what he wants

Eloise Baily wrote:

It's a harmless thread Randall. You're seeing way much more than there is in it.

I will accept this. As for my alleged hypocrisy, I'm simply demonstrating what happens when politics are injected into a discussion. As for for hypocrisy, what's it called when you attack you someone like Sarah Palin for every gaffe perceived or imagined, and give a pass to Obama for much worse?  

Randall Ahren wrote:

You're posting in the wrong forum. This is not a political discussion site. There are thousands of sites dedicated to political discussion where you can type until your fingers bleed. I'm interested in seeing subject matter related to SL in this forum, not your political views. This falls into the realm of deep-seated convictions, like religion. You're not going to persuade anybody of anything. They already agree with you or they don't. So save it or post it somewhere else.

Agree, with Randall, that is.   I too have reported this thread. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, Keeper, my sleep has really been messed up!    Oh, I  also have a new dress (think Grace Kelly ; ), that is begging to be seen on a SL dance floor.   I almost sent you an IM yesterday as you were online, and I just got the dress!   *laughing*    Send me an IM if you're inworld when I am, and we can check out some dance places.

Adding another comment to this thread. 

Eloise, the flash dancing was beautiful!    If you were part of that ...wow...I love it.

Too bad this thread turned into a political bash-fest, instead of an actual fest.  I don't blame you Eloise, but the turn this thread has taken, starting with the first comment, is the kind of turn that goes nowhere good.

Randall Ahren wrote:

How stupid do you have to be to let the economy get this bad? 

You should ask George W. Bush that question.

When Obama took over, unemployment was 5.6%, the debt was 500 billion, and the US had an AAA rating. Unemployment is now more than 9%, the debt is two trillion, and the US has lost its AAA rating. 

Sure. Obama is also a muslim terrorist with a fake birth certificate. Seriously though, when Obama took over, the deficit was 1.4 trillion, not 500 billion. It was Bush who ran up this debt, after Clinton left office with a surplus of 128 billion. That's why you need to ask Bush how this could have happened, not Obama, or people who make fun of somebody who has time and time again proven to be a complete and utter airhead. 

I've found these numbers on the website of the United States Government Printing Office (GPO). Where did you get yours from, I wonder? The GPO has also released some very interesting charts that you might find enlightening (edited to add: One chart is actually from the Bureau of Labor, the other are taken from the GPO website):

6088811219_7177d24faa_b.jpg

This shows the effect of Bush's maladministration and Obama's stimulus package, which has helped create 1.8 million jobs in the private sector. And how much did this cost, in comparison with Bush's little "God told me to invade Iraq because Saddam tried to kill mah daddy" adventure? See below:

6088811201_96839c6977_b.jpg

This also shows that not all government spending is evil. It entirely depends on how and where the money is spent. And keep in mind that a lot of Obama's budget is wasted on the two pointless wars that he inherited, both courtesy of Bush.

Of course you can and should hold it against Obama that he failed to end these wars. Discredit where discredit is due. I'm not exactly an Obama fan, but he is obviously doing something right as far as the economy is concerned, and I won't let you get away with pulling fake numbers out of thin air (or with citing tea party numbers, which are just as fake). 

Here's another chart, which illustrates the enormous debt that Obama inherited and shows where the budget is headed:

6089355018_3eea3fa4be_b.jpg

PS: Palin managed to increase the long-term debt of the city of Wasilla from 1.12 million in 1996 to a whopping 24.8 million in 2002. Do you really think she'd do a better job than Obama?

He really does have a great voice :) Alas, looks are everything in the music business. If you don't look like a model, you can only be successful in genres such as heavy metal. And even there people like Axl Rose and Jon Bon Jovi become vastly more popular than insanely talented but visually unspectacular singers like Ronnie James Dio.

Wow! Quickest political rant dreail ever!

Since we got derailed onto politics though, I'll add Nick Clegg and David Cameron to the list of peope in the wrong job. They should join the circus along with Sarah Palin, and every right-wing politician for that matter. (Yes, yes I did just call Nick Clegg right-wing - now that's controversial!)

:smileysurprised:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4614 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.