People in the wrong job

Eloise Baily

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4613 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Of course that fully justifies the eradication of an endangered species by shooting them in the back from a helicopter and leaving them to bleed to death on the snow. Why bother with electric fencing? Living in harmony with nature is not much of a sport.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me thinks you never grew up on a ranch? Be honest,

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent part of my childhood on a farm.... and while I sympathize with homesteaders, the truth of the matter is that a helicopter and a high power rifle are overkill both in reaction and cost when a fence and shotgun full of rock salt tend to work just as well, and much cheaper. and anyone trying to excuse the former by calling it "sport" obviously knows it's ridiculous because otherwise they wouldn't need to excuse it at all; particularly not with such a ridiculous claim

jennylongview Innovia wrote:

After all, he was the first and only politician who ever told a lie.

Did bush lie under oath? uhmmm Please feel free to answer did Clinton lie under oath?

Does it really matter if politicians lie under oath or if they just lie a lot in general, like the Bush-Cheney duo did?

This whole oath business has always been a mystery to me anyway. As much as people would like it, you cannot make anyone tell the truth (unless you deprive them of sleep, inject them with sodium thiopental, and interrogate them for hours, which is not an option in a civilized society. Neither is waterboarding, for that matter). People can and will always lie if they have something important at stake, such as a reputation, a career, or a marriage. The only thing that matters is what people lie about. Clinton didn't lie in order to start a war or rob the middle class blind, he lied about having sex. Big deal.

The whole impeachment process was a farce, imho. The President's love life shouldn't be anybody's business but his own. As far as I'm concerned, Clinton deserves a medal for his dedication to his job. I mean, the guy was working in the oval office on Easter Sunday, for Bob's sake. He used to spend most of his time there instead of hanging out on a private ranch or on the golf course. He ordered takeouts and ate at his desk, and he even had sex at his desk, always in a hurry to get back to work and do some good for his country.

Being a high status male, the #1 alpha male in the whole country even, he could have had thousands of much prettier women. Instead, Clinton settled for Monica because she was easily available and he didn't have to take too much time off from his important work. Hell, he probably kept on working while she was working on him under the desk. Have you ever seen a photo of Lewinsky? That's what I call dedication and commitment. I salute the guy, and I don't even live in the USA.

Seriously, I'm not kidding. A more reasonable and mature society that doesn't blush and giggle uncontrollably when someone mentions sex would want their best and brightest to father as many children as possible. At the very least, people wouldn't begrudge their leader some much-needed relaxation every now and then. But in the USA, puritan Christian morals are more important than having the most capable person sit in the oval office. Presidents get to start wars over personal feuds and oil interests, or drive the economy into a recession, but Bob forbid they have sex with anyone other than their wives. It boggles the mind.

Evening folks. Still fighting? Lovley...now then.

Void I agree. I also think Drew Barrymore would have made an excellent muse back in the day. She has those cherubic features. 

Having said that, I also think SJP would have made a convincing horse, so who am I to judge. ;)

Here's another. I think Judge Judy should be a primary school teacher. Riots? What riots? You wouldn't bloody dare!

sure except for the fact that on of those participants is a self proclaimed male, and I'm a woman.... but thanks for the rather obvious troll attempt, it was cute.

@Eloise:
I had something a bit more... self serving... in mind lol.

Dr. Phil... definitely should go back to being a plumber... He's obviously good at making simple obvious connections, and assuming everything goes one direction, but horrible and ridiculous when it comes to anything with complexity (like people)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4613 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.