People in the wrong job

Eloise Baily

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4613 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not just as a candidate... in general... paranoid, weapons enthusiast, and politics never seemed a good mix to me.

.... I think that Drew Barrymore is in the wrong line of work... she'd be much better as my personal assistant... the pay isn't as good, but some might say the benefits are spectacular

I will explain my comment that appeared after the OP.  Eloise made a comment in my troll thread about not caring for trolls.  In her OP she wrote about people in the wrong job.  I attempted a 'joke' about US Presidents in the 'wrong job' without naming any US Presidents.  I did name Palin because she is a private citizen whose behavior appears as if she is 'trolling' for something.  I find the behavior amusing and would have said the same about anyone exhibiting the same behavior.

I apologize to Eloise for what appeared as a thread derail.  It was not my intention. 

Ishtara Rothschild wrote:

Don't be petty. We've had our fair share of political discussions in GD in the past, some of which you have participated in if I remember correctly. I don't recall any complaints about political debates prior to Randall blowing a fuse and thoroughly derailing this thread with inane tea party BS.

Don't you be petty Ishy.   The TOS of this forum says something about staying on topic and about staying with SL topics.  neither of which this thread adheres to.

BTW, Randall didn't do the derail.  Venus did.   Nor, is what Randall posted, anything do with tea party BS. 

Ishy, you proabably only get your views of what goes on in America from reading online stuff right?  Well here's a site you can read from for a while:    http://hillbuzz.org/

Suella Ember wrote:

Eloise Baily wrote:

She scares me a lot if she's genuinely a presidential candidate. I mean, seriously?

She scares me. People who support her scare me more.

(This one will
definitely
get RIC'd! :smileywink: )

Boo!  here's some scaaaary guys for you then:  http://hillbuzz.org/

BTW:  I'm not a Palin supporter.  But, all the bashing toward  Palin, who is a self-made woman, (as in she did not ride her husbands' coat-tails into power like Hillary) really pisses me off.

Celestiall Nightfire wrote:

Ishy, you proabably only get your views of what goes on in America from reading online stuff right?  Well here's a site you can read from for a while:   

I followed the link, scrolled down a little, read something about "gaystapo" bullies and labor unions being Obama's thug army, and closed the site again. Sorry, but... I really do get my views from websites and a few U.S. TV shows, but I'm a bit selective there.

PS: I also googled the name of the blog author and was surprised to find out that he's not a gay-hating conservative, but instead a self-loathing gay Christian conservative with a penchant for Hillary Clinton (who, according to him, is disadvantaged by not being black). He claims that the religious right doesn't hate gays as much as the Democrats do :matte-motes-bored:, completely ignoring the fact that his fellow conservatives are publishing things about him like "Let’s not be fooled by so-called 'conservative' gay activists like DuJan…they are in line with the marxists". I can't even begin to understand all these mental balancing acts.

Ishtara Rothschild wrote:

Celestiall Nightfire wrote:

Ishy, you probably only get your views of what goes on in America from reading online stuff right?  Well here's a site you can read from for a while:   

I followed the link, scrolled down a little, read something about "gaystapo" bullies and labor unions being Obama's thug army, and closed the site again. Sorry, but... I really do get my views from websites and a few U.S. TV shows, but I'm a bit selective there

PS: I also googled the name of the blog author and was surprised to find out that he's not a gay-hating conservative, but instead a self-loathing gay Christian conservative with a penchant for Hillary Clinton (who, according to him, is disadvantaged by not being black). He claims that the religious right doesn't hate gays as much as the Democrats do :matte-motes-bored:, completely ignoring the fact that his fellow conservatives are publishing things about him like "Let’s not be fooled by so-called 'conservative' gay activists like DuJan…they are in line with the marxists". I can't even begin to understand all these mental balancing acts.

Gosh, Ishy..I would have expected a little more open-minded exploring of the facts from you!  

You didn't even read the details of how Dujan...a liberal left gay guy living in Chicago...became a political conservative!  

Here's the shortened version:   During the 2008 Democratic 2008 presidential run-off, Dujan decided to back Hillary Clinton, instead of Obama.  But, Dujan was living in Chicago, Obama's newly adopted territory.   Dujan received hate mail, death threats, physical assaults, and constant harassment from the Obama supporters.  Including most of the liberal-gay community.  

He was so upset by this, that when Obama won the nomination, Dujan decided to back McCain/Palin.  Then he really caught a back-lash worse than before!   Horrible things said to him, people trying to beat him up, physically damaging his property, constant harassment.  All from the "tolerant liberal left".  

So you form your opinions based upon what dissenters write about someone, rather than what the person themselves writes?!   Gee, if I followed that method, and only Googled your avatar name and read unfavorable comments "about" you, instead of actually reading your brilliant posts on your blog....hmmm, I guess I might not like you so much.  But, I actually take the time to read your blog-stuff, and get to understand your thinking.  Thus, I like you.  : )

Sidenote:  That's not to say that you'll like Dujan after reading his writings, but at least get to know the guy, before dismissing him.  Sheesh

She scares me. People who support her scare me more.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh my never consider myself scary... But ignorance is more frightening.. It's all about the facts.. could someone please tell me Billy didn't lie under oath??

jennylongview Innovia wrote:

It's all about the facts.. could someone please tell me Billy didn't lie under oath??

Yes, that's so much more important than his political accomplishments. It doesn't matter that he did an outstanding job compared to the recovering alcoholic whose incompetency caused the death of millions. The only thing that matters is that Billy lied when he was caught in a tight corner for following a call of nature, knowing full well that his political career was over. That can never be forgiven. After all, he was the first and only politician who ever told a lie.

And it's not as if he lied about something trivial like weapons of mass destruction in the Middle East, invisible deities telling him to invade another country, or torturing prisoners of war. No, this was serious business. I mean, the President of a Christian nation had his **** in a Jewish mouth on Easter Sunday! It doesn't get any more serious than that ;)

I'm really trying to be open-minded, but when I read something about a gaystapo, it's really hard to take the author serious. Somebody who wants to explore the facts should probably stick to those facts instead of embellishing them with hyperbole.

And of course someone who writes a political blog will have to deal with internet trolls. It doesn't matter which side people take, there are always some who spew hatred and bile. Those trolls weren't Obama's personal friends or henchmen. I have read posts from self-proclaimed conservatives who called for atheists and gays to be rounded up and shot. It would be inane to think that they are somehow representative of the entire conservative movement.

After all, he was the first and only politician who ever told a lie.

Did bush lie under oath? uhmmm Please feel free to answer did Clinton lie under oath?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

, the President of a Christian nation had his **** in a Jewish mouth on Easter Sunday! It doesn't get any more serious than that

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow drink alot of cool aid eh?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4613 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.