Sick of an empty friends list!

Kandee Koray

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

SO Ive been in SL for almost 4 years (although this avi is less then a year old)

And i find so many times where my friends list is empty, cause i want my friends list to be just that, friends.

Not people i talk to once or twice and never hear from again. Im not good at making friends. . like at all, but heres some stuff about me anyways :D

I LOVE talking about meeroos, like i could talk about them for hours (especially to someone who dosent know a whole lot about them but will listen to me blah blah blah ;D)

I am 20 :D i live in n/w USA (thats all you get about my RL)

I am happily taken rl and sl by the same person, whom i love soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.

I love making skins, and clothing and building (even tho i dont think im all too good at it)

Sometimes i talk ALOT sometimes im just way to quiet. Im childish (i do have a child alt too xD)

I love movies, and documentaries and learning :D I go to online highschool but im online off and on as i can be.

Im abit darkhumored sometimes (for example Q:How would you picture a bus full of children die? A: Hit by another bus full of children :D") i know its sick, but i lold :3

Sometimes i need someone to rant at, sometimes i need to ask an opinion, sometimes i need a shopping buddy! or a Lucky chair hunter, or a hunt-hunter.

Mostly, im looking for someone who i "click" with and can just talk to, and that i dont talk to once and never talk to again, cause i end up deleteing you from my FL, i just get bored, of having no one around, this isnt really the best way to find friends, but due to my shy nature around groups of people (even in SL) i just, would like some close friends :) -Kandee K.

As you have been a resident for several years, I will just remind you gently that there are groups established for all sorts of interests.  Join an 'I luv Meeros' group or make one of your own.  As you like hunts, chat with others you meet also 'hunting'.

Who knows, you might get some hits on your post, too. Enjoy!

Kandee Koray wrote:

SO Ive been in SL for almost 4 years (although this avi is less then a year old)

And i find so many times where my friends list is empty, cause i want my friends list to be just that, friends.

Not people i talk to once or twice and never hear from again. Im not good at making friends. . like at all, but heres some stuff about me anyways
:D

I LOVE talking about meeroos, like i could talk about them for hours (especially to someone who dosent know a whole lot about them but will listen to me blah blah blah ;D)

I am 20
i live in n/w USA (thats all you get about my RL)

I am happily taken rl and sl by the same person, whom i love soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.

I love making skins, and clothing and building (even tho i dont think im all too good at it)

Sometimes i talk ALOT sometimes im just way to quiet. Im childish (i do have a child alt too
xD
)

I love movies, and documentaries and learning
I go to online highschool but im online off and on as i can be.

Im abit darkhumored sometimes (for example Q:How would you picture a bus full of children die? A: Hit by another bus full of children
") i know its sick, but i lold :3

Sometimes i need someone to rant at, sometimes i need to ask an opinion, sometimes i need a shopping buddy! or a Lucky chair hunter, or a hunt-hunter.

Mostly, im looking for someone who i "click" with and can just talk to, and that i dont talk to once and never talk to again, cause i end up deleteing you from my FL, i just get bored, of having no one around, this isnt really the best way to find friends, but due to my shy nature around groups of people (even in SL) i just, would like some close friends
:)
-Kandee K.

Hmmm.  Well, I second the notion that you might find clicable friends in a Meeros group. 

I think, last I looked, that the average age of the SL users is 35 and older, so you may have to do some hunting to find people in your age group.  The kid joke thing is probably not amusing to the majority of 35 year olds as they tend to have kids, and such jokes are rather alienating.  Perhaps their is a "people who hate RL children" group that you could hook up with?  It is, given the size of SL now, difficult to find like minded individuals just by roaming aimlessly. 

Oh im well aware of groups, ive joined a couple meeroos groups, that ive been in for almost 3months, and have made a total of 1 friend, and in the hunts, i make a friend, and after the hunt i never hear from them again :/ Ive tried usuing groups, but i figured theres a forum here for making friends i can use aswell >.<

• 3 weeks later...

I totally can relate.

If I were to describe myself as a SL person I'd be an agoraphobic who stays home all the time trying on all the clothes in her closet and never talking to anyone. 

Thing is I thought SL was a place to be whoever you want to be and I ended up being a crazy cat lady. :smileysad:

• 2 months later...

Anahata Love wrote:

I totally can relate.

If I were to describe myself as a SL person I'd be an agoraphobic who stays home all the time trying on all the clothes in her closet and never talking to anyone. 

Thing is I thought SL was a place to be whoever you want to be and I ended up being a crazy cat lady. :smileysad:

Lmao! Hey there is nothing wrong with being the crazy cat lady lol. And trying on clothes is fun in and of itself. Sure cant get a whole new wardrobe for $10 in rl ^^

@The OP, it was said to chime in whenever you feel like it on the forums, and I'll second that. I've made several good friends here. I'm a little shy myself, and its easier to speak out here on the forums than in a room full of people you dont know.

That being said, feel free to IM me, you too cat lady :smileyvery-happy:

Anahata Love wrote:

I thought that too, but everywhere I go there are signs saying 'human only' or otherwise 'you can't be that kind of person here.'

The OP's bus joke frankly, is kind of off-putting.

The age range in SL is older - as noted above 35 is normal here.

The fact that the OP is in high school, but 20, and also has been in SL for 4 years is curious. Someone in high school might be very hard for many of us to relate to... I've been out of high school longer than the OP has been alive. ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.