Love songs, awww

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Mayalily wrote:

And Layla and Wonderful Tonight, beautiful love songs by Clapton, about Pattie Boyd.  My rl bf has the book by Pattie Boyd.  I haven't read it yet though.

Layla was actually about Patti's sister, Paula, with whom Clapton was living while conducting an affair with Patti while Patti was still George Harrison's wife. Pretty normal for SL, not so much so for RL. Pretty sordid actually.

I met Eric too at an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting in London which I was dragged along to by a visiting American friend who used AA to stalk people. They threw me out when I said "My name is Rudi; I am not an alcoholic".

Rudi

This is the only video I could find of this.  I've always loved "Wild Horses", but heard the Elvis Costello and Lucinda Williams version for the first time the other night dancing with my partner and I was a puddle.  The lyrics never got to me before like they did listening to these two sing it. 

*kleenex please*  

(oops maybe this belongs in the songs that make you cry thread. but it wasn't sad crying, it was love crying. romantic dreamy tears. okay I'll stop talking now) 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.