Texture Bug after viewer 2 update "again"!

Daral Yven

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4621 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I woke up tomorrow and started SL it came update.

after the update the textures stopped loading properly everything stays blurry,tried everything cleared cache,rebaked textures million times,went to free lagg land,relogged heaps times nothing helps !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Have you tried HTTP textures off? For many that is a desaster and it was for me too during my time i tried 2. Many textures stayed at blur and many sculpties just rezzed half and then stalled.

Activate the Advance Menu (CTRL+ALT+D) then turn off HTTP textures in there. For many it speeds up enormous.

If that is not resolving your issue rest assured that viewer2 for appr. 80% of SL is a desaster and highly unliked. 

Many including me went back to 1.23 since Pheonix uses the HTTP textures too making loading textures very very slow as well (i just spoke to some people inworld about it). I see many grab back to the 1.23.5.

Viewer 2 is set up to install new updates automatically. Turn that off, it was a pain in the *** for me. You find it in Me-Preferences- Setup-Software updates. Change that to Download and Install updates manually.

Then you download a new version when you aren't happy with the old version, and you can read the forums and see if others are having problems with the newest version before you install it. Often new things work properly first after a few updates. 

The tip about HTTP texures is good too. And you can try Firestorm if you like to keep the viewer 2 style.  

Two thoughts:

1.  Check that SL hasn't slipped your cache and bandwidth to minimum in preferences - it did that to me last time and meant that many textures wouldn't load properly.

2.  Also try switching between the Normal and Beta viewer - problems in one release are often fixed in the other.

• 3 weeks later...

Fact is that literally everybody agrees that Phoenix loads textures better than V2, so why? I doubt it has something to do with http or cache, because I have tested it all and there was no difference. In general textures seem to download fine until you reached a certain point, when they almost stop downloading. I'm sure I haven't loaded almost 10 GB at that point, which is the maximum cache size my viewer is set to. So what's really happening? This is going on for quite a while now over different viewer versions and I would call it "showstopper". Like terribly annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having texture issues as well!  I just rented an apartment from Sky Mark and am unable to change any of the textures. (yes, i joined group and yes group is activated)  really weird. Although I'm thinking mine is more of an error in world and not a viewer issue, only because it says I'm not authorised when I try to pay my rent now... =\    Hope I didn't make a mistake renting from  them....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4621 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.