can someone tell me why am paying for Recurring when i dont have any

cot64

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4627 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

If it is not from Linden Labs it may be bogus, if it is from them you may own land or something. Call billing and find out for certain, they are available 24/7, here's the numbers:

The billing team is available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.

If you have a non-technical issue related to billing concerns, you can call the Linden Lab billing team at the following toll-free numbers:

• US/Canada: 800-294-1067
  • France: 0805-101-490
  • Germany: 0800-664-5510
  • Japan: 0066-33-132-830
  • Portugal: 800-814-450
  • Spain: 800-300-560
  • UK: 0800-048-4646

Long distance (not free): 703-286-6277

If it is bogus, file an abuse report on them, whoever it is that's telling you you owe them money, if it isn't bogus, the billing department will tell you what to do.

Did you look at you Transaction History to see who you are paying it to?  It should be right there.  Go to secondlife.com >> Accounts >> Transaction History and set the dates to look back over the past week or two.  My guess is that you belong to one or more groups to which you are paying a liability.  That's pretty common.  Some group owners elect to share the costs of things like advertizing group events in Search  --- or they just forget to turn that option off.  If that's it and if you have a question, talk to the group's owner.

ETA:  WHOA!  I missed that the fee was $25 USD.  I was reading it as L$25, which really could be a group fee.   $25 is land.  Listen to PeeWee.  :smileysurprised:

$25 US is the tier fee for up to 4096sqm of land.

Go to your Land Manager on the left side of your dashboard & check "My Mainland" and "Group Land".

My Mainland will tell you what land you own.

Group Land will tell you which groups you have donated land contributions to.

It is the combination of these 2 things that make up your "Peak square meter usage" which is what your land charges are based on. You can see your current peak usage by looking at your Account Summary in the account section of your dashboard.

If you have left a contribution on a group that is not supposed to be there, go to the Group Info page inworld & to the Land tab & delete your contribution.

Linden Labs USED to keep track of the "peak usage" of land you owned during a month. NOW it is up to you to change back to "0" (or 512 free) if you sell your land. Look in your LAND MANAGER and LAND USE FEES in your account. Change them to reflect what you are actually using. If you do not, you will continue to get billed even if you aren't using any of your land rights :D. This happened to a friend of mine.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4627 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.