"Forums Feedback" not actually visible in the "People Forum"

Honey Puddles

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 1 month later...

A button is not a bad idea.

I think Lexie is still open to suggestions on this topic, as the way it is now has proved to be the best solution tried so far but there are still some that don`t like it so its not set in stone.

If any threads are started in GD that should be in feedback, the mods have been good at getting them moved here & that seems to be far less work for them then it was when it was the other way around and they had to keep moving dozens out of here. I see someone did still managed to mispost one in here recently. lol

Peewee Musytari wrote:

A button is not a bad idea.

I think Lexie is still open to suggestions on this topic, as the way it is now has proved to be the best solution tried so far but there are still some that don`t like it so its not set in stone.

If any threads are started in GD that should be in feedback, the mods have been good at getting them moved here & that seems to be far less work for them then it was when it was the other way around and they had to keep moving dozens out of here. I see someone did still managed to mispost one in here recently. lol

A button huh?  I wonder where the best place to put a button like that would be.  While it's true that what we have now is better than what we had before, I do think there's a way to make it more visible, yet minimize people posting the wrong stuff here. 

I suggested at some point that when someone hits "Start a thread" a window will pop-up explaining what the Forum Feedback forum is for, with some way for the poster to acknowledge that they've read and understand it before they can post a new thread.  Then it would be more viable to make it more visible, which is basically most people's complaint about where it is now.

Of course, the easiest, least expensive way of handling it would be to leave it as it is now and who cares if scarcely anyone knows it even exists.

...Dres (Of course, you and I know, so that's all that really matters, right?... lol.)

Several months ago, I suggested this forum be connected to the main fora structure rather than pinned off to the side. Several months before that, I suggested we needed new and better badge templates. Tonight, I thought maybe I'd update my badge, but nothing has changed; the old, limited, badge templates remain. I then figured maybe I'd see what was happening in this forum since it is no longer on the radar - and came across this thread.

I presume LL has now walked away from the fora. I suppose the thinking is that it works reasonably well and no further improvements are necessary. It's a shame, because there is always room for improvement. Anyway, I wrote plenty on this forum to no avail. No point sticking around.

Deltango Vale wrote:

I presume LL has now walked away from the fora. I suppose the thinking is that it works reasonably well and no further improvements are necessary. It's a shame, because there is always room for improvement. Anyway, I wrote plenty on this forum to no avail. No point sticking around.

Lexie has been away for a while, so yeah, nothing has been getting done lately.  Once she comes back, I'm sure she'll have a lot of issues to deal with... which should be very soon.  I, personally, look forward to helping improve our experience here, once she does.

Deltango Vale wrote:

Several months ago, I suggested this forum be connected to the main fora structure rather than pinned off to the side. Several months before that, I suggested we needed new and better badge templates. Tonight, I thought maybe I'd update my badge, but nothing has changed; the old, limited, badge templates remain. I then figured maybe I'd see what was happening in this forum since it is no longer on the radar - and came across this thread.

I fail to remember if your suggestion for this forum was ever brought up at a CTUG, but I do remember discussing it in this forum.  Though I think it's not the best option, I understand why they've put it where it is.  I have my own suggestions as to what should be done and look forward to having that discussion in the CTUG, where maybe something can get done about it.

I missed your suggestion about the badges and I agree they leave a whole hell of a lot to be desired.  Maybe it's time to bring it up again... I know I'd be interested to hear your ideas on it.

...Dres

I agree with Dres,  you should start another thread about badge issues or bump your old one, as they do need to be on the agenda. Is it still true that if you have ever selected one of the preset themes you cannot go back to the default one?

As for the issue about the feedback forum, that is still in the unresolved category & open to suggestions along with things like a better name for the Answers section (I believe Q&A is the current front runner there) & the organisation of the various categories of sub-forums, which imo is much better since the last change but can still do with a couple of tweaks.

With Lexie being away there hasn`t been any updates to the forums as Jeremy & Rand work on the wiki & KB. So the last few meetings have been about those.

Peewee Musytari wrote:

I agree with Dres,  you should start another thread about badge issues or bump your old one, as they do need to be on the agenda. Is it still true that if you have ever selected one of the preset themes you cannot go back to the default one?

Unfortunately, yes... which makes no sense what-so-ever.  All they'd have to do is add a little button that says remove badge theme or something... at least until they get some more decent themes.  The ones we have are atrocious and they all cover up parts of your badge pics... which is the only way to have a decent avatar since, in their infinite wisdom, they decided to make our avatars miniscule.  At least I can remove most of the text and useless badges with Cerise's style scripts.  Oh lord... am I ranting?  I'll stop now... lol.

...Dres

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

A button to revert your rank back to resident, I'd be interested in that.

No way... I
WILL
be queen of the forum one day... this is an inevitability... lol.

...Dres

I mean a button to revert a residents own rank.  

Reverting someone elses rank - dat would be drama city.

Oh no!  And know you know my true intent. emoticons_smilies_8.gif

...Dres

Peewee Musytari wrote:

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

No way... I
WILL
be queen of the forum one day... this is an inevitability... lol.

...Dres

Err..what do you mean "one day"? 
LMAO.gif

Um... until I get my crown I shall not be satiated.  Meanwhile, I'll just have to wear my old prom queen crown...

Smexy_Me.jpg

...Dres (What... you thought I'd pass up the opportunity to post this ridiculous picture again?  Ha ha.)

Void Singer wrote:

don't stick it out unless you are going to use it.... in fact just don't do it, I really don't wanna know what you are going to use it for...

PS

I'm fine with you being queen of the forum, as long as you remember that I'm Empress Regent =)

I hasten to even guess what you would think I was sticking out and/or for what I would use it.

...Dres

PS. Good, after all, I am just a figurehead.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.