Cant Play, shuts off router after a min of being logged in. I have netgear CDG24G

bpdfs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4542 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have used every viewer and tried port forwarding as well.. Everytime I log in I can walk around for a min and then my router goes offline and and then will come back on I cant play the game at all... I dont know what else to try, ISP says its not their issue. Contacted netgear and they said not their issue either.. HELP i Its not heat related, I do not have ADSL settings to change like someone mentioned. I have contacted SL with no response, Charter and Netgear say not their issue...

My internet never has any issues untill I try and start this game.

UPDATE-

Tried everything menitoned to me still No go.. I did contact netgear, they said to contact charter as the settings are from charter not NEtgear. Contacted Chater they said to contact developer of game as they are fine on their end. I have tried everything mentioned to me to fix but no go, Guess I wont be playing, well I tried anyway. Thanks guys

UPDATE AGAIN

Tried the BEta viewer and Phoenix, still does same thing... im done, this is ridiculas, Cant get answers from 3 Companies!!!!!!!!!!!

6 answers to this question

Other SL residents have had problems with NetGear routers too, and have sorted them out by making repeated calls to NetGear.  Take a look at http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Technical/Got-New-NetGear-Router-but-it-closes-SL-what-do-i-do/qaq-p/691649 , for example.  You'll see in that thread that some people have had luck changing firewall settings too, so consider that if NetGear doesn't work out for you.

• Like 1

You're getting answers from other SL residents here, not Linden Lab. I think you would need Premium membership to submit a ticket and get this looked at officially and even then there may be no solution as some Netgear routers have proven troublesome with Second Life. I believe some people had success by using older firmware 5.01.01 but that was a year or so ago and for a different Netgear model. Another solution I saw was to turn off voice but can't say with any certainty if these suggestions will work for you.

The problem is going to be the configuration of the firewall on the Router, so it will be the same no matter which viewer you try to use.

You can try configuring it using http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Configuring_your_firewall

You can also try something that has worked with other Netgear routers which is to Log on to your router, go to the ADSL settings on the left hand menu & change Multiplexing Method from VC based to LLC based.

I had a similar issue with my Netgear DGN1000 N50 router.  I found the solution on a different answer page (" Got New NetGear Router, but it closes SL what do i do?").  The fix was to go into the router settings, adsl settings, and change Multiplexing Method from VC based to LLC based.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4542 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.