No "New Product" forum here?

WADE1 Jya

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4666 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just released a new product and was thinking there is a place still on this forum to shout out new products :matte-motes-not-entertained:

Am I just not finding it somehow? I am so confused...

Is there no "New Product" forum any more existing anywhere?

If not, where, or how do you let the entire Second Life community know about your new releases these days?

:matte-motes-impatient: Thanks in advance guys!

Hmph...

how not fair is that :matte-motes-stress:

I feels kinda disconnected here :matte-motes-asleep:

*pouts*

oh well, I guess I have probably promoted my SL product the best I can then --- everywhere but the SL website *grumbles* meh :matte-motes-impatient:

I did try getting one but the thread has been archived now http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Forums-Blogs-Answers-and/New-Products-Forum/m-p/813779#M2926

It was addeed to the agenda for the CTUG meeting and postoned until the following week so it could be considered and the next meeting the answer was NO. We didn`t even get to discuss it. When pushed for a reason the best we could get was that "advertising on the forum is to be kept to a minimum" pfft!!!

The purpose of that forum was never advertising, ofc you can`t talk about a product without it being a form of advertising, but that was not the reason the forum existed or why tt was popular, it was because you got to hear about kewl new stuff in SL

Bottomline, unless you are in the real estate business, LL does not want you to have any form of advertising that they are not getting paid for

Maybe its time to request it again :)

I don't really see how a new product forum is much different to an events forum, which we now have. I don't know why they don't have a classifieds forum either, with restrictions on how often you can post.

As for advertising in the forum, people use signatures to advertise, sure you can turn that off, just as you can choose not to read the forums that contain advertising.

Smoothie Perl wrote:

I haven't be on forum for a while and I noticed that myself. 

Can I ask why?

Why creators are excluded from forum and not Real Estate????

Because one large landowner began posting real estate ads here in protest, and going to OH and demanding a place to advertise. Merchants haven't taken any action like that.

"Because one large landowner began posting real estate ads here in protest, and going to OH and demanding a place to advertise. Merchants haven't taken any action like that."

Heh :matte-motes-asleep-2: probably true! I'd do this kinda thing myself, just because I love taking action as a way to get things done... but for this method to work, it probably gotta be some real big merchant, someone as big as that landowner!

Alternatively, it could be a group effort, where a very large number of merchants gather together in one voice to say we want this!

It seems kinda silly that there is absolutely nowhere (on LL properties) to share news of our latest creative work anymore?

Somebody that can attend OH , please will you add a +1 vote to this issue in my absence? :matte-motes-smug:

"I don't really see how a new product forum is much different to an events forum, which we now have"

Aha! I see a solution of sorts here that'll do for now.... I simply have to run a little event every time I launch something new!

I'll have to organize a little party or something to celebrate each new product launch & then hype this up in the Events forum.

Brilliant! :smileyhappy:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4666 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.