Could someone please help me!

MariahWhispers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4667 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am new and I am having a terrible time finding some free nice looking everyday clothes and then I am having a hard time finding anyplace to change clothes.

My feet on my avatar look too pointed and I really need someone to help me get started making her look better.

Thank you

Your best bet in finding free clothes is to click the following link and see if there's any thing that tickles your fancy.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/products/search?search%5Blayout%5D=gallery&search%5Bcategory_id%5D=3&search%5Bsort%5D=price_asc&search%5Bper_page%5D=96&search%5Bkeywords%5D=&search%5Bprice_low%5D=&search%5Bprice_high%5D=&search%5Bprim_count_low%5D=&search%5Bprim_count_high%5D=&search%5Bcopy_permission%5D=0&search%5Bmodify_permission%5D=0&search%5Btransfer_permission%5D=0

There are quite a few neat looking things for free, you just have to scroll down and go through some pages, doing some ground searching, but if you really want to get some really nice every day clothes, I'm afraid most of the better looking things aren't free, but some can be really cheap!

As for changing clothes, you can change wherever you want, but if you wish, you can always go to an empty region or to a sandbox and build yourself a little changing room to change your clothes in! :matte-motes-whistle:

Try this blog entry I wrote:

http://catnapkitty.wordpress.com/2010/08/08/getting-started-in-second-life/

- that should hopefully also send you down the path to a lot of other interesting finds, and answer enough questions to get you going.

And a good shop to start at with free items is 'Free Dove':

Free Dove's web entry: http://world.secondlife.com/place/a4b762a7-3b5b-092a-393b-125570e5e5fc

Or just teleport there: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Gallii/126/67/32/

The items that marketplace says you will get will eventually arrive in a popup screen asking you to keep them. It very often times out if you go away from the keyboard and don't get back for sometime after it's sent... One reason it is better to shop for items from inside of Second Life unless you're shopping on Marketplace at a time where you expect to be inside of Second Life and actively using Second Life for at least another 30 minutes or so.

As Pussycat said, the items will be delivered to you in-world, which means you have to be logged in to SecondLife as you buy the items, since a pop-up will come up on the screen telling you that the object(s) have been sent to your inventory and you can find them via Inventory > Recent Items > Objects.

Or, if you're using a third-party client such as Phoenix, you will be prompted to either Accept or Decline the inventory offer, declining it will send the item to your Trash folder in your inventory.

As for the Receipt, that will be sent to the email you signed up with, all it really is - is a confirmation that you had bought the item, so that if someone has logged into your account and bought something, you will be able to find out what it was and then contact Linden Lab support about the issue, but that's a very rare situation, unless you share the account with another person.

No, V2 gets that too.  As soon as you log into SL the next time after checkout at Marketplace, little icon boxes show up and you have to accept each one on V2.

Also, to bring up the pricing menu to search for items from 0 to 10 linden, you need to hit 'see all categories' located near the lower left hand page of the Marketplace home page. 

Also, you need to set your feet to 0 for da shoes.  Most are hud shoes, so good luck lol with that one.  There are some hudless shoes, but you'll need a hunt for that one, and I think the hudless shoes are for V2 only, tho I could be wrong on that one. 

Jayvell Villota wrote:

As Pussycat said, the items will be delivered to you in-world, which means you have to be logged in to SecondLife as you buy the items, since a pop-up will come up on the screen telling you that the object
(s)
have been sent to your inventory and you can find them via
Inventory > Recent Items > Objects

Or, if you're using a third-party client such as Phoenix, you will be prompted to either Accept or Decline the inventory offer, declining it will send the item to your
Trash
folder in your inventory.

In the various help docs, the Lindens have admitted this is a flaw of marketplace. The items are sent to us via a script in those magic boxes.

Let the script time out, and you don't get your loot - even if you do hit accept. Its the same in official or TPVs.

One of my products has a 1-star review because the person who bought it did that, and blames me...

I also went AFK last week after buying a big item on Marketplace... and yep... I had to wait an extra day because I had to IM the merchant and wait for her to be online and see my IM so she could manually redeliver.

If you upgrade to a premium account you will have the option of a free linden home or being able to buy a 512 plot tier free to put up a private home of your choice.  This would give you a place to rez items, change clothes and even entertain new friends. Otherwise you could rez items in a sandbox then find an ocean and stand on the bottom to change clothing

Besides searching the marketplace online, this blog lists free items: http://fabfree.wordpress.com/

MariahWhispers wrote:

I am having a hard time finding anyplace to change clothes.

Thank you 

I'm still completely at a loss why, with so many here a member of a place that's been next door to mine for two years, the forumites seem completely allergic to recommending Changing Rooms.

It's free, it's on Moderate land, there's a half region beach in front of it to relax on, and there is a huge garden around the cabins at Changing Rooms where you can relax, watch the ducks and swans, open boxes, etc. 

Why people would continue to recommend 'anywhere' or 'a sandbox' when clearly people who ask don't want to do that, is beyond me...But anyway you and anyone else are welcome to use my place. Changing Rooms is large, and like I said, swim and ride carnival rides on the half region in front of it once you're done...Enjoy.

If you don't want to go there, (I don't allow room sharing, for instance) then there are several other places now in search, though most segregate by gender. Just type changing room or dressing room in Search.

MariahWhispers wrote:

Melita, where is that beach, is there a link to it?

And, how do I set my feet to 0 ?

Mermaid Beach 

Hopefully that will take you to water's edge. There's a mermaid world underwater (work in progress) and some rides. There's a gazebo high overhead if you want to lounge there and gaze down at the waves. Always looking for ways to improve it, so feel free to send me feedback if you want, after. Regardless, enjoy!

To set your feet to size 0, click your avatar, choose edit appearance, click the Shape button, and (if it is a modifyable shape) you can click 'legs' and find the feet slider. Now just slide the slider to the left, to zero. Hit SAVE at the bottom and you're good to go.

To remove the pointy feet, go to edit in your toolbar in your viewer, and choose 'take off clothing' and choose shoes. Or, type WORN in your inventory window, find the shoes form  you're wearing, right click that and choose 'remove.' 

If you type NCI in search/groups, find New Citizens Inc. It's a group dedicated to helping new residents. Or of course the forums are always here. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4667 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.