News about SecondLife websites?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't use the destination guide or the website to find out events.  Search, then join groups for your favorite events or types of events and enable group notifications.  Live music events are my favorite anymore (not what were my favorite a couple years ago) so I search for live music...........attend the events I think I might enjoy and if I do then join the artists group.  I get the notifications of upcoming or ongoing events and I can go if I want.  With several groups you can get a wide variety of fun events to attend nightly if you wish.

Peggy Paperdoll wrote:

I don't use the destination guide or the website to find out events.  Search, then join groups for your favorite events or types of events and enable group notifications.  Live music events are my favorite anymore (not what were my favorite a couple years ago) so I search for live music...........attend the events I think I might enjoy and if I do then join the artists group.  I get the notifications of upcoming or ongoing events and I can go if I want.  With several groups you can get a wide variety of fun events to attend nightly if you wish.

The odd thing is, whenever there is the danger of someone saying they might be bored in SL, I always recommend the Destination Guide to them, but in truth I have never actually used it.  I've never yet had the time to go and browse it properly. It is on my list of things to do - when I run out of other things to do. Look at all the choice on there though. It's truly mind-blowing.

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

Marigold Devin wrote:

How the f*ck can anyone ever be bored???????

*BANG!*  Medic!

Hell, Janelle, you were quick - you saw the version before I quickly edited ! Bang, bang, how many are dead now???? I am harvesting the organs to donate to those who would never get bored if given the opportunity to be well enough to participate properly in life - real or otherwise.

Marigold Devin wrote:
Hell, Janelle, you were quick - you saw the version before I quickly edited !

/me cooly blows the smoke out of her twin revolvers and drops them into their holsters, tipping the brim of her hat down in the late afternoon sun.

"Who needs to be quick when you're just... born lucky?"

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

Marigold Devin wrote:
Hell, Janelle, you were quick - you saw the version before I quickly edited !

/me cooly blows the smoke out of her twin revolvers and drops them into their holsters, tipping the brim of her hat down in the late afternoon sun.

"Who needs to be quick when you're just... born lucky?"

Calling Agent Darkstone, code 10-2 at Crescent !!!!!

If an article is about SL and written by someone who an oldbie and knows SL well, then yeah I might take a peek.

If an article about S: is written by someone who really isn't in the know, I tend to avoid those cause it is often written from someone with newbie syndrome. It could be yet another article about how SL is full of predators or how evil we SL addicts are.It could be someone who set up an account, played for a little while got griefed, and now hate SL. Being griefed is a passage.

So yeah for me - if it is someone with at least several months in world, I will listen to what they have to say but if it's (weeks, days) then heck with that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.