Viewer 2 + OSX Lion = NO SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4620 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The "review" is about an unsupported version and includes the comment "logs in OK" along with problems that could have many causes. I would wait to see a better review before I worried much. Oz Linden is a Mac user, I think he will be keen to make sure his viewer wil work on his own computer. :)

The review doesn't even say which release of Lion was tested. I know a few developers who tried to run another software product on a pre-GM release and literally everything crashed. In fact, a particular version of Lion made one person's hard drive completely unbootable.

I'd want more info before I made any decisions.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been unable to log in to SL since upgrading to OS X 10.7 (Lion) - The issue does not only affect the default viewer but all v2 based TPV's as well. I haven't tried logging in with a v1 code base viewer yet as I am not a huge fan of v1.

I've even tried the beta and development viewers, did a clean re-install but nothing seems to be working.

Would love to know if anyone else is having any luck running SL on Lion?

I've just switched to Lion and can get online okay BUT my viewer can't find the Sky Files: the ones that give you dawn, noon dusk and midnight lighting.

The veiwer I'm using is V.123; but the problem is the same with Hippo and Imprudence. Thank gods I didnt try it with V2: at least I can get in to SL...

Also, for anyone here with real techie know-how: I have the same difficulty (can't find the Sky files) when I try these viewers to access other grids. If that gives you a clue as to what's wrong in Lion...

Just finished a chat with Concierge, who says there are already JIRA reports posted regarding Phoenix, Firestorm, Imprudence and the official V2. Please, can you visit the JIRAs and add your vote for a quick resolution of the problem? Here's what Concierg said: 'According to my support the next release will include a fix for it but right now we do not have a fix yet. I did see a possible solution for the phoenix viewer http://jira.phoenixviewer.com/browse/FIRE-2297 let me go ahead and list it here ok, you can try downloading it and check if it might let you into SL'

Good luck everyone!

Christi Maeterlinck

Jocomo and everyone else: if you actually _like_ V2 then, until an official fix is put out by Linden, try FIRESTORM. It runs perfectly under OS10.7 Lion.

(It's a version of V2 that can be customised so that its as user-friendly as the old V.123, Hippo, Imprudence etc. Here's where you can find it:

http://www.phoenixviewer.com/downloads.php

and here's a neat You-Tube on how to customise it. Its really easy!

Byeeee!

Christi

Just wanted to share that OS X Lion on a Late 2008 MacBook (MacBook5,1) is running V2 (2.7.5) with no issues for me. I haven't tried any of the TPVs. 

Third-party 32-bit kernel extensions are another matter though.

Just letting you know that the Firestorm viewer does not work flawlessly on OS X for everyone. I can't keep it open for more than a minute at a time before it locks up. Also, the three viewers I've tried (Firestorm, Phoenix and SLV2) won't let me listen to streaming music anymore. Just a heads up.

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4620 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.