Can't send gifts to my alt?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4479 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Topic says it all :(

Status in my order history just says the item couldn't be delivered... then I get an email saying the communication timed out and my main gets refunded the item cost in Lindenbucks.

Is this supposed to happen? x.x I just made my alt as a free account, I haven't done anything special like verified his payment and all that jazz, other than age verification. Tried many different vendors, all the same outcome. Am I doing anything wrong or is this something that needs fixing?

...On an interesting passing observation, this seems to be a neat way to bypass the whole new account L$ buy limit >.> <.<

Not that I'm doing it intentionally! D:

Tried again, still isn't working. It just keeps refunding me in L$ and sending my account an email confirming it error'ed.

Are free account alts able to purchase things off the market no different than a premium user? I'm thinking I may just log him into the market and simply use my card, if that'll work.

LOL.... Aren't you crafty. So you're saying, buy him what I want for him, have it error and return its value in Lindens, give him the lindens and port him to the stores to buy them ingame?

I hereby grant you the sneaky ninja award.

Umm .. no, it's not that sneaky.

1. Open your Alt's profile and click the PAY button .. then pay your alt the amount of the item you are trying to gift to them.

2. Log into Marketplace with your Alt Account. (You might have to log out of your Main first, but Marketplace uses the same account username/password as does Second Life, so log in just like you would with the Viewer.)

3. The Alt buys from the Marketplace and receives the gift in-world.

Done!

• 6 months later...

Hello,

I was wondering if you got a good answer because the last 20 times i tried to send a gift to someone i get the first message and then finally the failed delivery message.  I was able to send gifts before so don't know what the problem is now.  Guess only thing to do is stop buying people gifts oe just give them the money to get something.  You would think MP would want people to buy people gifts so they would make money, but i guess it doesn't matter. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4479 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.