Pride Month In SL -- A Bad Experience

Just now, Sammy Huntsman said:
9 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Asians do look kind of alike in many respects -- I think they're very pretty -- especially the dark hair.

Um Luna you are totally wrong. Asian doesn't just make up the countries you talked about. Places like Iran and even Afghanistan are a part of asia. And even then you can certainly tell the difference between a Korean and a Japanese person. 

I just love dark hair -- it's all I see.

• Sad 2

Just now, Sammy Huntsman said:

You clearly didn't get the point either. Lol 

The point just whooshed by her head. And she doubled down. 

I don't even want to touch the "Asians do look kind of alike in many respects" yet. I'm too pissed off.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SabrinaCooke said:

OFFS. Speaking as an actual Asian, I don't even know where to start with this one. 

At least she didn't mention slanted eyes or skin color, amirite?

As someone who dated more people from Asian cultures than I can even remember, I'm pretty mindblown. (You learn about other cultures a lot, doing as I did.)

But I'm still trying to grasp someone not recognizing Korean. Would they recognize Japanese kanji vs. kana? Would they recognize Greek, or Hebrew? Would they recognize Sanskrit Devanagari script?

It's just amazing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

As someone who dated more people from Asian cultures than I can even remember, I'm pretty mindblown. (You learn about other cultures a lot, doing as I did.)

But I'm still trying to grasp someone not recognizing Korean. Would they recognize Japanese kanji vs. kana? Would they recognize Greek, or Hebrew? Would they recognize Sanskrit Devanagari script?

It's just amazing.

I have a hard time recognizing the difference between male and female even!  It's horrible!  I need glasses!

2 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Hold up!  I have to pop more popcorn.  I'm feeling the love ♥️♥️♥️♥️

Time to hand out nail files so everyone can dull the tips of those fingernails their slashing each other with

Oh, popcorn.  Brb

IMG_0240.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Luna Bliss said:

Ok I'm being silly now.  Something about the way this thread has turned brought silliness out in me. I'll try to behave.

No, you're not being silly, you're being offensive and insulting, and all because you can't admit you made a mistake and apologize for it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I just love dark hair -- it's all I see.

I mean minus that, you are clearly absolutely ignorant of Asians and their culture. I don't claim to know everything, but I mean you really need to look into it. 

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

It's just amazing.

The racism is appalling. And she's doubling down so hard on it, too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Asians don't look similar though. That's untrue. I mean when I see obese people I instantly think they must be American, but they could be from some European country or China 🤷

Edited by Robberinthemuseum
Grammar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

How? 

From my very limited understanding, I believe people with prosopagnosia have difficulty with gender and faces, I imagine that would also be a factor with race.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1