Where do we stand with these forums?

11 minutes ago, Codex Alpha said:

not conducive to making SL the 'inclusive' place it claims to be.

Hmm...

No, they shouldn't. I want a forum and company - though made up of individuals that have different persuasions, home lives and political/social leanings - to stay out of it.

So, you want LL to make SL "inclusive" by allowing hate-speech spouting asshats to drive people off the platform with racist/sexist/anti-lgbt foaming at the mouth without moderation , because the powers that be "shouldn't support" the people the they are supposedly being "inclusive of.

Yeah, that makes about as much sense as your usual  standard of Hypocritical BS.

Look at Sansar (and Hi Fi) as an example of how political and social issues contributed to a massive chilling effect on the platform

Still ranting on with the fraudulent claim that people HATED sansar because of the "leftist-politics", as opposed to the reality, which is that the platform was utter sh*te, with sod all to do, and awful avatars, and dreadful rendering quality.

Edited by Zalificent Corvinus
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

Wishing you an absolutely rotten Pride month, then! Stay mad all 30 days!

Im not mad, i just cant be bothered.

I take pride in myself, my family, my life.

What others do is their business, not mine.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Codex Alpha said:

Look what happens when this sort of stuff comes back up. One side gets laughed/mocked, and the other gets a trophy.

I used more words than 'political' and here we are back into misrepresentation.

I don’t think his expectation of anti-gay statements not being tolerated is unreasonable. The moderation shows that they aren’t tolerated any more than any other type of harassment or hate speech.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

So, you want LL to make SL "inclusive" by allowing hate-speech spouting asshats to drive people off the platform with racist/sexist/anti-lgbt foaming at the mouth without moderation , because the powers that be "shouldn't support" the people the they are supposedly being "inclusive of

It's very "radical centrist." 

"One side is taking human rights away. One side is fighting for them. Well both have good points. I won't wade."

"Well if both sides are pissed off I must be doing something right."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, stlshayne said:

I'm not trying to "effect change." I just think that if you think my existce is an abomination, and you think me and my boyfriend's love has no place in the law, you might want to keep that abject hate to yourself in 2024 on a forum run by a California run company. 

why are you throwing your personal life in our faces? You do you, it’s all good.

The only abject hate i’ve seen in this thread is coming from you.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, stlshayne said:

I'm not trying to "effect change." I just think that if you think my existce is an abomination, and you think me and my boyfriend's love has no place in the law, you might want to keep that abject hate to yourself in 2024 on a forum run by a California run company. 

Of course you are. Your original off-topic post was a plea to LL to back up your social/political/personal issues when they just finished saying that conversation should stick to SL topics.

I don't 'hate' anyone, but I don't agree with everyone's lifestyle, politics, or even the flavor of cake they might like to eat. Who cares.

As soon as a company endorses one political/social/personal issue over another, people get alienated - they do not feel welcome, and are no longer seen on SL.

This constant portrayal of those who do not share the same views as 'hate' is destructive in it's own right, is inflammatory at best, accusatory - and most people will want to defend themselves or fight back, so how is it constructive to throw these things around?

Just find your like minded folk and community in SL (thats what everyone tells me!) so do the same..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

why are you throwing your personal life in our faces? You do you, it’s all good.

I'm not "throwing my personal life" in anyone's face. I merely mentioned my boyfriend.The same way other people have mentioned girlfriends or husbands or fiances. Is me having a boyfriend that painful or offensive? If it is, that might explain the whole need for the conversation that is ongoing right now. 

Edited by stlshayne
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Cristiano Midnight said:

I don’t think his expectation of anti-gay statements not being tolerated is unreasonable. The moderation shows that they aren’t tolerated any more than any other type of harassment or hate speech.

Being anti-something is not hate, nor is it harassment or hate speech.

If someone is harassing someone else over said topic, then it would fall afoul of the TOS, and subject to governance.

I don't think that was what I was responding to, or even saying. You may be responding based on a misrepresentation made AFTER my original post on the matter

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Codex Alpha said:

Of course you are. Your original off-topic post was a plea to LL to back up your social/political/personal issues when they just finished saying that conversation should stick to SL topics.

Heads up, Asshats trying to drive LGBT's out of SL, IS an SL related topic.

2 minutes ago, Codex Alpha said:

As soon as a company endorses one political/social/personal issue over another, people get alienated - they do not feel welcome, and are no longer seen on SL.

If the platform is "inclusive" that means LGBT's can use it too, asshats trying to drive them off the platform, are acting contrary to LL's intent, and deserve to be penalised for that. The hate-mongering bigots SHOULD be made unwelcome, and no longer seen around here.

5 minutes ago, Codex Alpha said:

I don't agree with everyone's lifestyle, politics, or even the flavor of cake they might like to eat. Who cares.

Nobody cares.

As long as you keep your bigotry to your self, and obey the ToS which says spouting your bigotry is against the rules.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Codex Alpha said:

If someone is harassing someone else over said topic, then it would fall afoul of the TOS, and subject to governance.

I don't think that was what I was responding to, or even saying. You may be responding based on a misrepresentation made AFTER my original post on the matter

I read your posts, there is no misrepresentation. I am responding to your words. I vehemently disagree with your first sentence. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cristiano Midnight said:

I vehemently disagree with your first sentence. 

Why?

Edited by Codex Alpha

7 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

You don’t get to play the victim after what you posted, which was intended to provoke. At least own it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cristiano Midnight said:

I read your posts, there is no misrepresentation. I am responding to your words. I vehemently disagree with your first sentence. 

You don't think being anti-woman or anti black is hateful? Hmmm

Edited by stlshayne
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cristiano Midnight said:

I read your posts, there is no misrepresentation

FYI. Anytime anyone quotes his rants and disagrees with them, they are "misrepresenting his views" and "dragging up his past" to discredit him, and an enemy of the "FreeDumb of Hate Speech" he enjoys so much.

There is a reason II referred to his posts as Hypocritical BS. The topic doesn't matter, the hypocrisy is always there.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

...we Moderators often find ourselves having to clean up after a fight, which we'd rather not have to do.

I'd rather you not have to do it, either. You'll have enough cleaning on your hands now that I've raided and restocked your fridge.

I unscrewed the bulb so opening the door won't startle what I've left inside. If you feel resistance while trying to remove anything, I'd advise you to leave it be.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

14 minutes ago, stlshayne said:

I'm just wondering what year we're in, honestly. I didn't think gay acceptance was  political, at least in the west on tightly moderated forums.

Is gay acceptance political?

Are interracial couples political?

Are women getting credit cards without a man signing off political? 

Quartz answered this.

While these things are important issues, responses to hateful posts don't belong on the SL forums. Just like the hateful post itself doesn't belong. If someone posts hate, report it. You can do a 'neener neener neener, I reported your hate post you asshat' private message, if you like. But if you reply to it on the board, that reply will likely go away along with the post that was hateful.

While he didn't come out and say the post you're talking about violated the rules of flaming and inciting, he did quote that section of the rules and the offending post disappeared. It's an easy inference.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Codex Alpha said:

Why?

Because it is 2024 and we have accepted more groups.

Women.

Gay men.

Lesbians.

Interracial couples.

Disabled people.

I'm sure you can think of a slur against each group that wouldn't be accepted today.

Just now, Cristiano Midnight said:

Why did you quote me? I was agreeing with you.

Was reiterating your point! Didn't mean to be ambiguous! My bad!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stlshayne said:

Because it is 2024 and we have accepted more groups.

Women.

Gay men.

Lesbians.

Interracial couples.

Disabled people.

I'm sure you can think of a slur against each group that wouldn't be accepted today.

I’d tell an interesting story relating to your post, but it happened in RL, so it’s not allowed 😂

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Cristiano Midnight said:

Spend a few minutes on Twitter post Elon and then tell me being anti-gay, or anti-black or anti-trans or any number of other things does not result in hate speech targeted at people.

One can be anti-(manufactured)chocolate-cake, and express one's opinion of such, and back it up with reasoning, and at the end of the day just be one's opinion - yet still not be hate based and still respect people's rights to eat whatever they want.

Let's get it back to my original post on this: That LL takes no side (officially/professionally) and just supports having different communities in Second Life, and to moderate off-topic posts that end up in forum flame wars.

Edited by Codex Alpha
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Roxy Couturier said:

Quartz answered this.

While these things are important issues, responses to hateful posts don't belong on the SL forums. Just like the hateful post itself doesn't belong. If someone posts hate, report it. You can do a 'neener neener neener, I reported your hate post you asshat' private message, if you like. But if you reply to it on the board, that reply will likely go away along with the post that was hateful.

While he didn't come out and say the post you're talking about violated the rules of flaming and inciting, he did quote that section of the rules and the offending post disappeared. It's an easy inference.

Honestly I did so very purposely. I have seen such things happen on the forum time and time again. Microagressions, abject hate. In this very thread they just got [clipped] with the explanation they were off topic. 

In another recent thread: I saw it explained by an admin just how hard it is to get banned from this forum. 

Edited by stlshayne
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Codex Alpha said:

I can be anti-(manufactured)chocolate-cake, and express my opinion of such, and back it up with reasoning, and at the end of the day just be an opinion - yet still not be hate based and still respect people's rights to eat whatever they want.

Let's get it back to my original post on this: That LL takes no side (officially/professionally) and just supports having different communities in Second Life, and to moderate off-topic posts that end up in forum flame wars.

There is a massive difference between “I don’t like chocolate cake” and “People who like chocolate cake are an abomination and should not have rights”. You are intelligent enough to know the difference.

LL needs to take the stance that all members of the community should not be subject to attacks based on who they are, and they do that. It is absolutely the right thing to do.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2