SL should have object decay

Just now, Arielle Popstar said:

Because SecondLife is made up of a community of residents. If it stops being a community, it stops attracting new people to be a part of it.

Okay, so people who pay should lose their land? Make that make sense. I mean I sure as heck would be made, if I was gone for like say 2 to 3 years and my mainland parcel was gone. Even though I paid for it. See the issue there? But hey we should have more LL overreach on mainland right? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

No, if you read what the OP stated, he said he wants people who haven't been on for years or decades, to basically lose the land they PAY for. How is that fair? And we don't know why they left SL for an indeterminate amount of time. 

No, he didn't state that. Go back and read it. He wants their bad builds to decay and revert to nature.

• Haha 1

Just now, Arielle Popstar said:

No, he didn't state that. Go back and read it. He wants their bad builds to decay and revert to nature.

Again you are not getting that. What gives you a right to decide what is considered a bad build on a land you don't pay for? Do you pay their tier? No, so you have no right or say what they do on their own property. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Again you are not getting that. What gives you a right to decide what is considered a bad build on a land you don't pay for? Do you pay their tier? No, so you have no right or say what they do on their own property. 

I don't have a right to dictate their build but I do have a right to an opinion as to what I think they should do with it.

Sucks doesn't it?

It actually makes a ton of sense to me at least when it comes to abandoned land. Its got that label for a reason and you would assume over time Linden Lab would naturally come and fix the land and put it back on the market for people to purchase. Otherwise its dead-weight preventing future buyers from capitalizing on it. I don't see what the harm there is. If its abandoned, then its abandoned, its not like this 'decay' mechanic would strip all kinds of land and this is what the OP means at the end of the day.

Edited by Simo Vodopan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I don't have a right to dictate their build but I do have a right to an opinion as to what I think they should do with it.

Sucks doesn't it?

Actually you really don't, especially if they pay for it. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Sucks doesn't it?

Also, why do you want LL to have massive overreach? I mean they already mark land as abandoned, and those lands are empty and void of stuff. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Also, why do you want LL to have massive overreach? I mean they already mark land as abandoned, and those lands are empty and void of stuff. 

They already have massive overreach but at least in this thing it could do some good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

This thread is about abandoned parcels

No, it isn't, it's about over-entitled people FRAUDULENTLY claiming land other people have paid for is "Abandoned" because they don't LIKE what the owners have done with it.

29 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Had any new privacy hating habitual criminal trespassers come over lately driving bulldozers?

You've been blathering on about how SL should have Zoning Laws that allow you to drive a bulldozer through other peoples land. That's the topic of the thread, remember.

30 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Makes one wonder how much smaller SL would be if it wasn't for absentee renters.

Not enough to notice, and none of your damn business anyway. Fact remains, people paid for that land, and it's THEIIRS, not YOURS, so YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS on it, least of all the right to bulldoze it because you don't like what they used it for.

Your "rights" end at the parcel boundary, outside the line you can moan and whine all you want, inside the line, you have NO rights over that parcel. NONE. YOU have NO right to enter other peoples land and bulldoze their build, just because you don't like it. NONE.

30 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Because SecondLife is made up of a community of residents. If it stops being a community

There we go again with this MYTHICAL "Community", the definition of which always seems to be "Excludes anyone who won't allow me to bully my way onto their land and tell them how to use it".

You don't speak for this mythical "Community", you never did, and never will, it's a FABRICATION you try to use to bully people who tell you to mind your own damn business.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

And WE have a right to tell you your opinion sucks, and you can go away, and never darken our parcel boundary again.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Simo Vodopan said:

It actually makes a ton of sense to me at least when it comes to abandoned land. Its got that label for a reason and you would assume over time Linden Lab would naturally come and fix the land and put it back on the market for people to purchase. Otherwise its dead-weight preventing future buyers from capitalizing on it. I don't see what the harm there is. If its abandoned, then its abandoned, its not like this 'decay' mechanic would strip all kinds of land and this is what the OP means at the end of the day.

Pay attention.

They are not talking about "land abandoned to Gov. Linden" here when they say "abandoned", they are talking about NOT-Abandoned land that's still owned by somebody, whose build they don't like, and who doesn't log in as often as they think people should.

This thread is NOT about actual abandoned land, it's about stripping the owners rights from owned land because [ insert BS argument about "ugly/holding  us back/maybe they don't know they still pay for it" here ].

Actual abandoned land gets cleared, by Governance Lindens like Guy.

This isn't about that. Try and keep up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

So taking away someone's paid land, even if they are gone for 2 years is good? How? 

I never stated taking people's land away and the OP stated the decay should be for a lot longer then that. Please stop the exaggeration to try to make a case. We already have one poster in the thread doing that. We don't need another.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Pay attention.

They are not talking about "land abandoned to Gov. Linden" here when they say "abandoned", they are talking about NOT-Abandoned land that's still owned by somebody, whose build they don't like, and who doesn't log in as often as they think people should.

This thread is NOT about actual abandoned land, it's about stripping the owners rights from owned land because [ insert BS argument about "ugly/holding  us back/maybe they don't know they still pay for it" here ].

Actual abandoned land gets cleared, by Governance Lindens like Guy.

This isn't about that. Try and keep up.

Honestly, I've been exhausted and pretty tired here so my abilities are minimal at best. But my point still stands. "Keeping up" What a joke.

2 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I never stated taking people's land away and the OP stated the decay should be for a lot longer then that. Please stop the exaggeration to try to make a case. We already have one poster in the thread doing that. We don't need another.

Okay well still, don't you think it is unfair to someone who has been off for a bit to come back to their land empty? 

• Like 1

Just now, Simo Vodopan said:

But my point still stands. "Keeping up" What a joke.

No, it doesn't, because Governance don't leave old builds ion ACTUAL abandoned land, and that isn't the topic here anyway.

The OP and their "supporter" want to delete builds on land that is OWNED and PAID FOR, like, for sake of argument, YOUR land.

If your build is older than they like, and doesn't look how they want, and you took a year off from SL for whatever reason, they want the right to ENTER your parcel and DESTROY your build, because OVER-ENTITLEMENT.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Okay well still, don't you think it is unfair to someone who has been off for a bit to come back to their land empty? 

She LIKES "empty land" especially other peoples.

If LL bulldoze somebody's parcel, that might bulldoze the zero second orb that's been stopping her from trespassing all these years.

Once you understand that, it all falls into place.

"MY RIIGHT to bully my way onto your land, and delete anything I don't like, especially anything that stops me bullying my way onto your land against your will"

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

No, it doesn't, because Governance don't leave old builds ion ACTUAL abandoned land, and that isn't the topic here anyway.

The OP and their "supporter" want to delete builds on land that is OWNED and PAID FOR, like, for sake of argument, YOUR land.

If your build is older than they like, and doesn't look how they want, and you took a year off from SL for whatever reason, they want the right to ENTER your parcel and DESTROY your build, because OVER-ENTITLEMENT.

Lets say hypothetically I never returned. I could see it. But, anyways, I'm tired of these elites on these boards talking smack to these users. You have a good day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Simo Vodopan said:

Lets say hypothetically I never returned. I could see it. But, anyways, I'm tired of these elites on these boards talking smack to these users. You have a good day.

Who are the elites? 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

They could also just move the sim to somewhere were the sigh of it doesn't cause neighbours undo trauma!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

They could also just move the sim to somewhere were the sigh of it doesn't cause neighbours undo trauma!

Or you could mind your own business and just let them be. Lol. I mean it isn't that hard. I mean you have the means to derender the thing, why don't you use that? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Or you could mind your own business and just let them be. Lol. I mean it isn't that hard. I mean you have the means to derender the thing, why don't you use that? 

Where is the fun in that!?

I do sort of wish I could send someone's toothpaste back, since they moved out of their house months ago and it's still hovering in midair in their basement. But, it's on a separate parcel, and I don't have specific land rights set for that one-house parcel to return toothpaste, and I keep forgetting to mention it to the sim owner so he can do it.

There's also a telephone hovering somewhere around 4,300 meters, owned by someone with higher rank in our group, who isn't in SL anymore. I keep forgetting to tell the sim owner where that is, too.

At the same time, there are things we have on our sim as memorials to those who built them, and it would be terrible to see them poof, so yeah.

There's at least one resident whose home I won't even click on, for fear I might delete or return part of it by accident. It's the least I can do to honor her memory, leaving her stuff in case one day she returns from the great beyond.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

"MY RIIGHT to bully my way onto your land, and delete anything I don't like, especially anything that stops me bullying my way onto your land against your will"

Lets see a picture of your place so I can determine if it is a parcel I would be interested in trespassing on even.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Where is the fun in that!?

Why should others have to suffer cause you lack any sort of common sense? Like I don't want to block and derender items. So I should have rights to teardown someone's hard work. 

• Like 3