SL should have object decay

26 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I have road on 2 sides.  My orb works just fine and extends higher than 50m.  Of course, ban lines just bounce you off.  My orb shoots you to the corner of the region.  Good times!  😁

It seems you share a trait with another orb user (and probably many others), who don't just use the orb for security, but to cause some sort of harm for your own entertainment. Sure, a harasser that keeps coming back - ok discourage them a bit more from coming back. For the innocent explorer such as myself we just get annoyed when that happens, or get sent home and lose our place while exploring.

What concerns me is the underlying cruelty that some people post here regarding this issue. Each time this action happens - and you or others post like it's some victory - that is up to 250 people (potential network numbers of every customer lost) who are not here due to the experience.

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, lovestofu said:

Ban lines should not be allowed for waterfront or roadside parcels on mainland.

29 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I have road on 2 sides.  My orb works just fine and extends higher than 50m.  Of course, ban lines just bounce you off.  My orb shoots you to the corner of the region.  Good times!  😁

Ban lines seem preferable to someone crashing into your house!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Codex Alpha said:

It seems you share a trait with another orb user (and probably many others), who don't just use the orb for security, but to cause some sort of harm for your own entertainment. Sure, a harasser that keeps coming back - ok discourage them a bit more from coming back. For the innocent explorer such as myself we just get annoyed when that happens, or get sent home and lose our place while exploring.

What concerns me is the underlying cruelty that some people post here regarding this issue. Each time this action happens - and you or others post like it's some victory - that is up to 250 people (potential network numbers of every customer lost) who are not here due to the experience.

My orb is set to 15 seconds.  It's a 1024 parcel.  There is a sidewalk AND easement between the road and my parcel.  Plenty of leeway to stay in your lane.or return to it before.the orbs sets.you in the corner.  Rest assured though, your name is on the no entry at all list.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Ban lines seem preferable to someone crashing into your house!

People.fly over all the time.  15 seconds.is more.than enough to make it through unharmed.   There's not a lot of road traffic to be honest although I drive and ride my bike around all the time.  The way Horizons is set up, it's nearly impossible to drive INTO someone's parcel.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

My orb is set to 15 seconds.  It's a 1024 parcel.  There is a sidewalk AND easement between the road and my parcel.  Plenty of leeway to stay in your lane.or return to it before.the orbs sets.you in the corner.  Rest assured though, your name is on the no entry at all list.

I wouldn't expect any less from the likes of you.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Codex Alpha said:

Yes but then have to secure the parcel and content of residents who haven't logged in for 10+ years!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Arielle Popstar said:

Yes but then have to secure the parcel and content of residents who haven't logged in for 10+ years!

Frankly, it just amounts to "Me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me,me " ::breath:: "me, me, me, me me me" around here

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Codex Alpha said:

For the innocent explorer such as myself

You see the ban lines, you see the parcel turn red on the mini-map, you ignore the clear waning that you are not welcome and trespass regardless. You are NOT "innocent", you are an habitual repeat offending criminal rtespasser, acting with intent to commit ToS violating harassment against the parcel owner.

You are a criminal, and get treated as such.

23 minutes ago, Codex Alpha said:

that is up to 250 people (potential network numbers of every customer lost) who are not here due to the experience.

Meaningless made up numbers pulled out of your ass are meaningless.

24 minutes ago, Codex Alpha said:

and lose our place while exploring.

Your "place" is OFF my property. The Orb takes care of that, by punting you, and makes sure you don't come back and repeat your crime by banning you.

8 minutes ago, Codex Alpha said:

I wouldn't expect any less from the likes of you.

I added you 2 years ago, same time as I installed the zero second orb because of your comments about residential parcel owners, and all the BS of claiming your premium subscription was worth more than theirs, and the talk of "reasonable compromise" that was you getting everything you wanted and them getting NOTHING but your unwelcome presence on their land.

2 minutes ago, Codex Alpha said:

Frankly, it just amounts to "Me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me,me " ::breath:: "me, me, me, me me me" around here

Yes, that was the argument you presented two years ago to justify your claims that you should have a right to commit criminal trespass in peoples SL homes against their will.

THAT's why you get added to parcel ban lists, and why people install zero second orbs to deal with people just LIKE you.

4 minutes ago, Codex Alpha said:

When you pay for my parcel, then you -might- be allowed so say in how it's run. But even then entitlement to something you don't own is never tolerated

Just like in that RL y'all keep bringing up. Eminent Domain in a video game, my sweet pale fanny.

• Like 3

Strawman, lies and bearing false witness galore. The competitive fighter in me really, really, really wants to... but... let governance decide if these are the types of forums and discussions and users they want to represent Second Life.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Codex Alpha said:

Strawman, lies and bearing false witness galore. The competitive fighter in me really, really, really wants to... but... let governance decide if these are the types of forums and discussions and users they want to represent Second Life.

Did you forget I posted quotes of your "me me me me me" claims to rights you don't have, from June 2022 in the last thread where you claimed rights you don't have.

Matter of public record.

1 hour ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Did you forget I posted quotes of your "me me me me me" claims to rights you don't have, from June 2022 in the last thread where you claimed rights you don't have.

Matter of public record.

Classic, thanks for that!

2 hours ago, Codex Alpha said:

I've found in general, and especially on the Forum, that those who accuse others of "lies" are "projecting".

Except for maybe TWO posters who like to stir things up, I am literally not aware of anyone lying.

Put simply, "liars accuse everyone else of lying, because they assume everyone is lying, because they themselves lie a lot".

I'm not saying YOU are a "liar", I am just pointing out a general principle I have observed with those who call others "liars".

Unless you think I'm lying, but then that would prove my point.

Just now, Roxy Couturier said:

1-cat-butt-coaster-free-crochet-pattern.jpg

Well sure, but I posted a picture of a certain politician with a cat butt drawn over his face ONE time, and I got banned for 3 days! 

That is CLEARLY a cat butt on that..what is it, a trivet? A hot-pad? A tuit? (As in, "I'll do [something] when I get a "round tuit".)