Help finding a log cabin near the water?

I'm looking for a log cabin home and had found one long ago from someone on here that was ready to abandon their's and was able to therefore help me get ahold of one that had a most perfect location right by the water. Unfortunately I had to release it after many happy months there and I've been trying to get ahold of one again with a location I like but there are not many available to choose from so I keep winding up with ones I'm not interested in the location of. I know it's a real longshot so I'm not expecting any miracles but does anyone just happen to have a log cabin and a good location they are thinking of abandoning anytime soon? Or, does anyone have any tips other than waiting a bit between tries to see if by chance we just happen to draw a better one?

Having just gone through this search myself, you have two options. 

Option 1:  Use all 5 of your available claims every day until you get a home you like.  It may take several weeks, but eventually, you will end up with something that is acceptable.

Option 2:  Pay for a month of Premium Plus and use the concierge service to claim any available home that you want.

Passing a home from one person to another can still work, but not for a theme with over 2000 parcels available, unless by some miracle the released home is placed at the top of the queue (possible, but extremely unlikely).  I had a few kind people attempt this with me during my search, but all were unsuccessful (expectedly so).  When you last claimed a Log Home, available inventory was likely very low, improving your odds considerably.  

Good luck with your search.  If you are interested, a discussion on the frustrations experienced with Option 1 can be found here:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Phate Shepherd said:

If they are claimed cabins though that doesn't really help with the luck of the draw of getting one? Or am I missing something? (this is about the Linden home cabins)

Sorry, I missed a word. There were a number of *unclaimed* homes around the lake that the Bass Cove region is part of.

If you can have lots of patience, you can play game of homes and find a parcel that meets your checklist. I recently, very recently, did this in finding my perfect houseboat parcel. It took me over a week of going through all my daily tries to get one that worked for me. But if you have the money, and don't mind paying for Premium Plus for a month, that indeed is your best option. 

I wish you luck in finding your perfect home by the water.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Chloe Bunny said:

I just let one out in favour of a camper again - it is quite a special nook on the coast http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Fossick/159/61/50

When I checked a couple of days ago, the ones that were let go when I was searching were all still available.  I expect yours to be the same unless someone uses the concierge to nab it.  

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Matthieu Quander said:

When I checked a couple of days ago, the ones that were let go when I was searching were all still available.  I expect yours to be the same unless someone uses the concierge to nab it.  

I got it myself on a hop which I know was fortunate given the current order - although I've used the PP request a couple of times for the same thing, this one was a good surprise. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Phate Shepherd said:

There is a BIG gotcha with getting a month of Premium + if you are already on a premium plan that I haven't seen mentioned. I'll post it in a new thread though.

This one, perhaps?